SOTD: Saturday 7th December- Friday 13th December 2019.

08/12/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Parker Gunmetal 22R TTO
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion / Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red

2. Sun.JPG

The Parker razors were some of my first purchases when i got back into wet shaving and have been left in the drawer really since my SE - Vintage & Stainless Steel RAD took over.
Like all my Non SS DE razors, this will not make the cut, which is a shame really as it shaves very well and looks the business and the build quality is pretty good too. I just don't see the point of it sitting in a drawer.
Today 3 passes and some touch up on the neck.
Nothing from the Alum stone and a nice post shave routine.
Sadly i dare not visit the Mothership today as i have been dealing with a virus this week and don't want to pass it on, One of my siblings will be on duty though so nothing to worry about there.
Have a great Sunday All.

SOTD 20191208.
LvO6xN8.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Autumn Afternoon" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "START" 0.90 SB / Stork "Templar" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (7).
Cien Men ASB.
Loris "E-12" EdP (== Armani Attitude).

Prep: Bath and face washed with H&S shampoo
Pre: Proraso white
Soap: MWF - face lathered.
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/Blade: Feather AS-D2/ Feather (1)
Aftershave: Tabac
Balm: Nivea sensitive

A nice 3 pass Sunday morning shave. I like the combination of the Feather blade with the AS-D2 better than the Gillette SB, which I used last time. And the Mitchells Wool Fat Soap is superb. Maybe it's because we have similar water to Bradford, where it's manufactured, that I find it easy to get a good lather?

SOTD Sunday 08 December 2019.

Pre-shave: Mhule shave towel.
Soap: Tree harvest - Juniper.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: Little Wren.
Razor: Colonial Silversmith.
Blade: Sputnik (Day 2)
Post: Cold water, Fine 'Snakebite'. Skye Shave Co - Cedarwood and Sage After Shave Balm
Cologne: Jo Malone Black Cedarwood and Juniper.

Sun-08-Dec.jpg

A lovely shave, first run out with the Juniper Shave soap, from Tree Harvest; it did not lather well at all in the Little Wren, however, when I re-loaded and did a face lather it was okay, the lather did not hang around for long, vanishing like snow of a dyke; that said great lubrication and glide.

After the first pass, there was little if any stubble left - a ATG pass on the neck, followed by XTG on the face and it was job done with no issues to report.

Skin feels great, the Skye Soap Co Shave Balm is excellent, it went nicely with the Juniper shave soap; a decent scoot of the Jo Malone (also with Juniper) and I'm good to go - off to the pub for a few pints and the football :)

All the best,

Chris

I've been told by my sister that a secret order was placed last month at AliExpress for a Ming Shi 3000s razor & a yaqi 26mm Rainbow brown synthetic shaving brush as my christmas gifts this year from my siblings and family which have been gift wrapped and can't be opened and used until christmas day.

The Yaqi Rainbow is a fine brush. I'm sure you will enjoy it greatly!

This Saturday brought with it a shave themed 'Shave, shave as fast as you can you won' t catch me cos I'm the Gingerbeard Man'

IMG_20191207_135509.jpg

Ginger Rogers - Long handled brass Hone
Ginger Snaps - Feather
Ginger Nut - Razorock 400
Ginger Ale - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Ginger Spice - TOBS Eton College aftershave

Gingerbread broach courtesy of Mrs SF. She does have style and taste. Except when it comes to me where she often practices her second vocation in life. And after all these children?

In between jobs at work this weekend I managed to have some R&R at home, relaxing, watching TV (when not having kitchen implements thrown at me) and the opportunity to indulge in some 'me time'.

I couldn't think of anything better than the Hone to take on facial hair removal duties backed up by an excellent bunch of 'us also' to make it all come together. And come together they did. One wonderful three pass shave and smoother than a rubber fetish meeting

I will be over at my father's this next weekend and a visit to the Penhaligon's outlet store will be a must. This Blenheim shaving cream really is top notch. With the 400 in charge of the whipping producing a bowl full of first class lather which was an absolute delight to use. Super super stuff

To bring the shave to a pleasurable close what else than the TOBS Eton college aftershave. This was a recent purchase and a very nice scent indeed. With a great longevity for an aftershave and that 'Old School' air it is everything I delight in. A great final curtain to a great shave.

And what else? Check for the Vice Squad and hit play

58CD79E5-6C80-40F7-BE7C-E110112189BA.jpeg

Lazy day on this 8th day of Decadent December, led to a late morning shave, featuring one of my more efficient vintage razors, my Cooper Monobilt. Despite a late start, the razor delivered a dome and face BBS that has me continuing to feel that incredibly closely shaved dome. I feel smooth, clean and cool thanks to my Cryogen AS and M-Bomb additive to my shaving soap!

SOTD 12/08/19

RAZOR: Cooper Monobilt
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a face and dome scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Declaration Grooming Sellout salted w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Ciseled Face Cryogen AS Splash

8/12/19

Razor - Yaqi Scalloped Head (EJ89 looking)
Blade - Treet Black (1)
Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

The Yaqi Scalloped head looks like a DE89 but it doesn't shave like one, a lot more blade feel and quite aggressive, and tbh I didn't really enjoy the sensation of the razor head but the results were pretty good nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom