SOTD : Saturday 6th April - Friday 12th April

Date: 07 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Dance of Agrumes Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

0100hrs Sunday 7th April 2019 and the theme for my shave was 'A shave mud in heaven'

Puddle of mud - Ikon B1 SB
Clear as mud - Polsilver Lodz
Caked in mud - Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Mud bath - OSP Vintage
Muddy waters - Nivea for men moisturiser

I am always jealous of you who manage to accompany your SOTD with a photo which includes a beautiful backdrop of natural beauty, be it some foliage, wood chips, pebbles or anything else which makes me envious. And there are few people who can get solicitous over wood chips. But I can.

There is very little charm one can find working on the River Humber. The word mud doesn't really add grace and enchantment to ones daily dictionary, but it does make walking along the riverbank very difficult. With its copious quanties of sediments 'walking on water' may just be a possibility.

When a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid it experiences an upthrust equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.

Not the River Humber. It just supports objects because it as near as dammit solid.

Enough

My SOTD for today was really a mix and match of the limited shaving items I have with me at the moment and nothing I haven't written about before in the past two weeks.

In the Ikon and the Colonial I have the two razors I could truly live with until the day when a daily shave becomes a non-essential (or possible) routine. They are both exceptionally capable razors and I am so glad I joined this forum as without I would never have been introduced to these wonderful items. A shave was always a welcome part of my day but now it has become an absolute pleasure.

Today's shave was no different and the Ikon/Polsilver performed to expectations. No nicks, no weepers, nothing. Just one really fantastic smooth shave with the most satisfying of end results.

Of course the OSP and the Razorock worked wonderfully and did their bit. I am going to cry the day when the last of my OSP stash gets a mention on 'Finished'. James, motorcycle engine oil is not an acceptable substitute, it is mud in the eye for the shaving fraternity.

So I am sat here on my little ship at 3 in the morning feeling refreshingly shaved and as smooth as mud. Only two days to go and I can return home for a break and to a cupboard full of shaving accrouttements to be let loose on. How heavenly those days will be.

Shaving. Such a small part of the day, but one of the most uplifting moments. Pity all I have to do is go back to bed soon, but I shall do so with a smooth inward grin.

Be well one and all and enjoy the day.

SOTD : 7th April 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Erasmic Lather Shave Cream ,8 Drops of Eucalyptus oil + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Super-Max~ Dollar Platinum. (2)

Razor: Lord ~ L125.

Cold wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gillette ~ Blue ASL.

Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

First cold water shave of the year...

After the wonderful maiden shave with the haslinger schafmilch sheep milk soap, i was very tempted to carry on with another maiden soap shave using the haslinger aloe vera soap second of the two shaving soaps which my sister kindly bought me as a easter gift, but i've now dedicated my sunday SOTD's as a Williams Uber/Superlather sunday shave.

Both the new round of williams mug shaving soap / erasmic lather shave cream superlather mix was another successful mixture providing a super smooth protective slick lather for the shave, in addition with mixture i added 8 drops of Eucalyptus oil , suggested by @Tony'schin a wonderful addition to the superlather, Cheers Tony the eucalyptus oil added a extra invigorating soothing kick to the overall result...I had enough lather left over for another 4 passes, but both the soap and cream are in-expensive, so it's not a big issue. Superb stuff.

The lord L125/Super-max D.P.blade paired together excellently making a efficient smooth duo.

A enjoyable invigorating cold water 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling invigoratingly smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
91b53bdc46e8885072d303162c54caee.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

7 April

P&B Borealis
Razorock Bruce Plissoft
MÜHLE R89 on iKon bulldog
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso white asb

A very pleasant Sunday morning shave with the MÜHLE R89 head on an iKon stainless steel bulldog handle, smooth and close in two passes, what else does a man need? The Borealis soap produced a rich, protective and slick lather with the Razorock brush and I could smell the pine trees.

Sunday 7th April

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Clubman Shave Butter (Preshave)
Alvarez Gómez Agua de Colonia Barbaria Saving Cream
Zenith Synthetic Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Focus R28 Slim Al with a 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Simple Facial Toner
Heno de Pravia Moisturiser
Alvarez Gómez Agua de Colonia Concentrada EDC

Inspired by the beautiful sunny Sunday morning. This was a fantastic shave in 3 passes.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sat 6/4/19
Welcome to the cheap seats! (y)

View attachment 42618

Pre: Pears transparent original soap
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Palmolive/Macca root superlather
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Parker 91R heavyweight
Post shave: cold water splash, Alum block, homemade Witch Hazel lavender/grapefruit/lime/patchouli astringent,
Balm: E45
Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigoroso A/S

This week I am shaving with 3 Parker razors, today's tool is the 91R heavyweight, it did feel nice in hand and similar weight to the other heavies I have used. The blade did not seem too exposed, although it worked well.

View attachment 42621

The superlather was another success - too much again. 4 x soap chips and a pea sized piece of cream, glycerine drops of 8 and boom!
This was left over after a 2 pass shave WTG & XTG/ATG mix, Shame really, it was a lovely lather.

View attachment 42620

The shave went well and overall cost was minimum.
Was the razor as nice to use as my more expensive models - No, it just was not as smooth. Different blade could improve it.
Was it worth the money - YES. I still have BBS skin.
All in all, a great starting razor. Quite mild and could improve with a better blade.
Next up is the Parker 22R butterfly.

Have a great weekend all
OK, I have re-appraised yesterday's shave. I actually think "brand snobbery" got the better of me. No shave this morning as my chin is still acceptably clean, therefore the 22R will have to wait till this afternoon.
The 91R is definitely a recommended budget razor.
Well made, good weight and looks very nice.

Back
Top Bottom