SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

SOTD 20191010.
BPRneFh.jpg

Gentlemen's Tonic Mayfair "Babassu and Bergamot" pre shave oil.
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Hawkins&Brimble "Elemi&Ginseng" shaving cream.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (8).
Hawkins&Brimble "Elemi&Ginseng" ASB.

10/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Vitos Red & Green frankencroap
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Wilk Sword MIC (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Akcay Tobacco

A really delightful lather with the Vitos, lots of cushion & slickness throughout. Nicked myself a few times with the blade, I'm finding it to be much sharper than I expected and lacking a bit of smoothness; not one of the more forgiving blades I have used.

10/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: RR 400
Soap: MWF
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3 Plate
Blade: Personna Med prep (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Bergamot & Vanilla Balm and Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Bleu

6S,MWF,RR4.jpg

The #3 plate is the one for me, a very comfortable 2 pass shave with a little buffing. The Med prep blade is very smooth.
The MWF and RR400 produced a great lather today in my cheapo Turkish copper mixing bowl, oh how i miss my Giles, this is in hand, although i have a bit of a wait to get something special. ;)
I am still working through the Barts Balm Sample tins of lotion and Balm, although i have already pulled the trigger on the 50ml bottles of my favourites. A little goes a long long way.
BBS, feeling good and smelling good,
Have a great afternoon All.

Date:- 10 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Summer Fig
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Simpsons Wee Scot ~ GFT Limes Cream ~ iKon B1 Slant ~ Rapira SS ~ GFT Limes Skin Food ~ YSL Kouros EdT

Lovely shave, the Wee Scot is flipping tiny! Whips up and hold enough lather for 3 passes though. Don't like the B1 at all, far too aggressive for my taste, and has the unique ability of making the smoothest blades feel rough and blunt.

SOTD Thursday 10 October 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's cold tar soap, cold water splash followed by Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10.
Soap: OSP Bay Rum.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Pils 101NL.
Blade: Feather (4).
Post: Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Captain Fawcett Triumphant.

10 Oct 2019.jpg

Trying to give my skin a rest by sticking to 2 pass shaves - WTG, XTG face with a WTG, ATG neck - no issues to report.

A decent shave today; I have a love~hate relationship with the Pils; for me the sweet-spot seems to be very narrow; when you hit the spot great shaves.

All the best,

Chris

Thursday SOTD

MWF/Palmolive Cream Frankenlather
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Gillette Nacet (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Fantastic lather made mixing Mitchell's Wool Fat and Palmolive Cream (both excellent by themselves, but this lather was something else). If you have this cream and soap, I recommend you try them mixed.
Fresh Nacet in the 6C was very effective and smooth, and made short work of two days growth.
Finished with Blue Stratos - cheap as chips with excellent performance.

Back
Top Bottom