SOTD : Saturday 4th September to Friday 10th September 2021.

SOTD : 4th September 2021.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. ( D1)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)
Face: wtg,atg,+pick ups.
Head: wtg,xtg,atg+pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./Blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.....Starting my SEptember with the Ever Ready 1912 (US) which was my first introduction to the wonderful world of vintage Ever Ready SE razors...Throughout the month i intend to add a mixture of SE & DE razors to my SOTD set ups.

All of my Ever Ready vintage SE razors are a pleasure to shave with, once you've adjusted to the required shaving angle training your mind to use good shaving technique these vintage ladies will reward you with some sublime shaves.

The solid design of these razors & the thickness of the Gem PTFE blade give them great rigidity keeping blade chatter under control which is wonderful especially for head shaving.

A enjoyable close comfortable BBS face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points....My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 09.04.21 SOTD

bSv88FI.png

Tatara Masamune OC / Gillette Nacet
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Gel
Ethos Grooming Essentials/CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Ethos Grooming Essentials/CBL Fresh Lime Skin Food Splash

Sat 4 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Sandpiper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Abysso
Another awesome Stirling soap! Wonderful scent, creamy and slick lather...
Another SR shaves in the books...almost 60. The razor was nice & smooth in 3passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs/sas finish. Aftershaves were as good too.
20210904_143312.jpg

241164410_565815774755776_2698331668034026706_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Lord L6 head on Edward X Jacob barberpole handle
Blade: Gillette Super Blue(2)

First time with the Lord for a while, and it felt a fair bit more aggressive than the Merkur. Decent finish, but the Super Blue didn't feel suited to the razor. Or maybe it's just me. I'll run a milder blade through before making a final judgement.

IMG_20210904_095808_1~3.jpg
SOTD 4th September.

Razor - Feather WS-D1
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Hampfat #2
Brush - Simpsons TR3

Seven days of stubble mowed down with the Feather WS-D1 paired with a Souplex blade, as smooth as smooth can be.
I like the clean fresh scent of the lavender and teatree essential oils in the Hampfat #2.
Feeling a little more human now!

Have yourselves a good weekend.

Paul.

SOTD 04-Sep
DSC02210.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: OSP Business Time
Razor: ATT G1
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)

Have to say that was an exceptional smooth running razor. I had to check in the sink to make sure it was actually doing anything. Its reputation for being mild/<mild is well deserved. It did take a bit more effort to get a smooth finish and is definitely a 3 pass razor for me. It does not compare to the sabre or the micro/1912 in terms of efficiency or that blade feel that I like, but it gets the job done. All in all I'm pleased with the addition.

I will say I did fear for the razor though when doing the post shave clean, the plug was definitely in the sink when taking it apart, that hook is asking to be lost!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

9929C9F0-2D3D-4169-8066-F60CD18F930A.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub and PAA cube menthol.

Pre: PAA cube menthol.

Soap: Hampshire Shaving Soap No. 1.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE.

Razor: Futur Clone.

Blade: Rapira

Another lovely weekend shave after being back at work this week. The original Hampshire lathered better, (or rather I did) than ever before with the Zenith boar brush creamy and voluminous which I don’t normally get from it. It was a great start to the weekend and the super post shave feel on this soap paired with the Bart’s has really made my face feel great!
Have a good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom