SOTD : Saturday 4th July - Friday 10th July 2020

First use of a vintage razor and I'm very impressed by the mild smoothness & efficiency of the Gillette Tech.I wasn't really looking but I came across this NOS vintage Canadian model, which I believe wa produced in the 1940's. I really like the classic styling of the Fat Handle, I think it's one the finest looking pieces of shaving equipment, and it performs very well too.

Vie Long tallow shave stick
A.P. Shaveco 26mm Synbad.
Polsilver SI #1
Spieck Active

Tue 7 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Bowl Yogurt
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Other than a mild scent, the lather from XXX is actually really thick & creamy. Slickness is quite ok. Can take quite some water too.
Shave with the razor paired with this superb blade was ooooo... smooth and comfortable...auto-cruise! 3 multiple passes without issues. Sharpness of the blade is still ok but compare to initial use now is noticeably less efficient. Razor is top performance!
9.5/10!

7/7/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I've owned my Old Type for a few years now and it's a razor I seem to neglect, I sometimes find it either a bit too mild or a bit too aggressive, depending on the choice of blade or down to using the angle. Today from the very start I effectively rode the top cap and with this blade the first pass was one of the most exceptional first passes I've had for a while, really smooth and efficient, the 2nd pass wasn't as good down to losing concentration a little and applying a bit too much pressure.

Great shave though.

Have a good day gents.

Soap- Haslinger Schafsmilch
Razor- Merkur Futur
Brush- Trafalgar T3
Blade- Voskhod (2)
Alum block
A/S- Ford Mustang
Balm- Nivea cream

Oops. Went a bit too hard today and gave myself a bit of irritation on my neck. Not too bad but annoyed at myself for chasing a BBS. DFS would have been the sensible thing to do today. Futur seemed a bit aggressive today and bit me once hence the alum block. We live and learn.

07/07/20
Pre: Shower, face wash 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (10)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Executive

Busy Boy,
That's all folks.
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All.

Tuesday 7th July

Oumo 26mm SHD HMW - Signature Soaps Eboracum - Enders Speed/Proline B - Eboracum AS Splash

My first use of the Oumo HMW. As it is a new brush it will need a few more outings before it reaches its full potential
A great 3 pass shave with the Enders. The AS Splash was a (very generous) sample which @BrianH kindly included in my last order.Obviously it is a perfect match to the soap. Just a little tingle initially with the peppermint to the fore and dries down to a nice cedarwood base. No further skin care required today. Very good indeed!

Indian / Pakistani made blades are becoming my go to blades with my vintage Gillette's.. The Lancet Super Platinum is another blade i've had for a while, but have yet to try due to reaching out for my accustomed favourites .I''ll have add them to my blade rotation for future shaves.

Tuesday‌ ‌07.07.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette‌ ‌'53 Y1 ‘40s‌ style Super-Speed‌ set
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
APShaveCo. 24MM APLuxury Bulb w/ Summer Handle
Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Balm

Tue 7th July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
P & B Spitfire
RazoRock S/S Hawk V3-OC, Super Knurl Handle
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Today was my second Shave with the Hawk V3-OC using a longer handle than the stock one supplied. For Some inexplicable reason the Shaves which were previously harsh and uncomfortable have changed dramatically. Todays Shave was Smooth and comfortable, and I had no problems getting a very good close all round finish.