SOTD : Saturday 4th July - Friday 10th July 2020

Monday 6th July SOTD

Soap - Palmolive Stick (in a China dish)
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Toner - Witch Hazel Bergamot & Cedarwood
Aftershave - Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL

Conscious that I'd got into the habit of using Gillette Silver Blues & Platinum's exclusively for a while, I used an Astra SP tonight.
These were at one time, my favourite blade, and I used them for months on end.
It seemed well suited to the Timeless 0.68, and seemed a little sharper than the Gillette blades.
The Trafalgar T3 soon gathered enough soap for a face lather, producing perfectly hydrated silky, protective lather without the need for added water.
I'm always impressed with this inexpensive synthetic brush, and wouldn't mind trying the 24mm T2 version in the near future.
Finished shave result is very good, just about BBS.

SOTD : 7th July 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : Hampshire Unisex Wool Fat Lanolin with cedarwood and patchouli Shaving Soap.

Blade: Dorco ~ Prime Platinum. (3)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Another comfortable 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpeg

SOTD 7th July 2020

Bedtime shave.

Razor ~ Koraat 14, 2.0
Soap - Figaro P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush - Shavemac 30mm two band Silvertip fan
Post - Thayers astringent / MdC Aftershave balm

I had a lovely shave with my Koraat 14 last night, the blade singing as it cut my stubble effortlessly. Taking my time I was rewarded with a very good finish without nicks or irritation, I'm pleased I haven't lost my touch! :)

The lather was top notch and produced using the now unobtainable Figaro P.160 Tipo Duro, a wonderfully slick creamy lather that was easily whipped up into shape with the equally wonderful Shavemac 30mm 2 band Silvertip fan, you've got to love the P.160!

Finishing with a splash of Thayers astringent and when dry a light application of MdC Camomile et Citron aftershave balm, perfect! :)

Untill the next time, stay safe and be lucky,

Paul.

Last edited:
I have both and the T2 could be described as my preference. I was initially worried by reports from the US...but these proved to be unfounded. The T2 is a lovely brush

Thank you Brian

24mm is my usual preference, so I'll buy one in the near future.

The T3 at 26mm certainly gets the job done with very little effort required, and for the price it's a steal.
The only very minor down side is that it's a little too big for some soap pots .

Tuesday 7th July
Yaqi Moka Express - AoS .'Kingsman' cream - Pal Injectomatic 'Deluxe' - Schick Proline B #4 - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
iSd1SOF.jpg

Stay well.

Begged, borrowed or stolen shave.

PS-Grapeseed Oil
Soap-Unidentified D R Harris sample.
Razor-An ancient brass Gillette yet to be identified but possibly army issue 1940's or earlier.Found amongst my fathers effects.
Blade-Gillette "Saloon"pack given me onboard a container ship. All the crew use cartridge I was told.
Brush-Cathay Pacific complimentary.
AS-Raw Lavender oil and water courtesy of my brothers French neighbour.

Back
Top Bottom