Pre- hot shower
Cream- tobs sandalwood
Razor- Merkur progress
Blade- voskhod (1)
Brush- Trafalgar t3
Post- Cold water splash
A/S- Cella
Balm- Nivea cream

Broke out the Progress today for the first time in ages. Paired well with the fresh Voskhod. 3 passes and small touch up. Beautiful smooth shave. Forgot how good the Progress is. Don't use it more because the adjustment knob is not aligned correctly and my OCD hates it but it's a great razor.

Monday AM 2020-07-06
National Fried Chicken Day
oJzmihZ.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Titanium II/UFO Titan Fine
Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave
k2NfN3J.jpg

Monday 6th July

ACtC-3f4QgD1j5rYaseMxSfaRIIkNwwZeX6xUKtQ9vLInw3-YxZ7Irs7iU9ByLdfuthQbnRxzAHQdR_9JeleVdZzwW6WfLkLqSGOZrcEvvRioUOv7trygv3dZiUZrpj8SwFu2MawraSXr9P7bI6nhjx-XTdR3g=s1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Barbus Classic & Haryali Synthetic (22mm)
Shave with Gillette Tech (Late Model) & EuroMax (1)
Single pass
Wash off and pat in a touch of Prep Cream​

The EuroMax is a new blade to me. Reputed to be SuperMax (Platinum?) under a new guise, it's difficult to tell from the first shave but I considered it a pretty middling blade, which I did the SuperMax Platinum off the first shave. It started to smooth out during the first shave. The SuperMax Platinum came into its own on the second shave, being very smooth indeed ... let's see tomorrow.

Enjoyed, though ...

Last edited:
SOTD 6/7/20

I don't claim to know alot about wet shaving as I'm relatively new to all this, but one thing I do know is the below setup has given my my best shave to date.

Closeness of shave was excellent, irritation pretty much non existant and skin felt great afterwards.

Pre‐ Hot shower
Brush- Chubby2 BB
Blade- Feather
Razor- Rockwell 6c plate 4
Soap- Cella Bio
A/S balm- L'Occitane

Have a good night everyone.

20200706_194045-01.jpeg

SOTD 6/7/20

I don't claim to know alot about wet shaving as I'm relatively new to all this, but one thing I do know is the below setup has given my my best shave to date.

Closeness of shave was excellent, irritation pretty much non existant and skin felt great afterwards.

Pre‐ Hot shower
Brush- Chubby2 BB
Blade- Feather
Razor- Rockwell 6c plate 4
Soap- Cella Bio
A/S balm- L'Occitane

Have a good night everyone.

View attachment 56784

Excellent to hear all going in the right direction

06/07/20

Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: FS Chubby 26mm Silvertip
Soap: PAA (Praise) John Frum CK6
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200706_192803.jpg

Final shave with the V2 before it heads back to its owner. I really like this razor. I like its weight, its smoothness and its cannon handle. I'll certainly be adding one of these to the den in the future.

The John Frum CK6 is a great soap. Lather was really slick and a really complex scent - nope, can't describe it.

06/07/20

Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: FS Chubby 26mm Silvertip
Soap: PAA (Praise) John Frum CK6
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Proraso Blue

View attachment 56791

Final shave with the V2 before it heads back to its owner. I really like this razor. I like its weight, its smoothness and its cannon handle. I'll certainly be adding one of these to the den in the future.

The John Frum CK6 is a great soap. Lather was really slick and a really complex scent - nope, can't describe it.

Nice to hear Chris

Back
Top Bottom