SOTD: Saturday 4th January - Friday 10th January 2020.

08/01/20

WILLIAMS WEDNESDAY
Pre : Pears Original Transparent
Brush: JR #355 Maggards Knot
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Kampfe Star - Jayaruh Box #23 & handle
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (7)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Homemade Bay Rum Argan Lotion
Aftershave: Homemade Bay Rum Splash #02

5-Wed.jpg

My Original bowl lather was a little thin today in the little Turkish bowl as i must not have loaded enough, simple remedy was to reload the brush and carry on mixing, giving me plenty of good stuff after a little work.
A 3 pass shave today with the Kampfe, 1st time ATG so i was a little careful, i do feel i am starting to get to grips with it though.
I used my Bay Rum essential oil infused Argan oil as a post lotion and let it sink in as i cleaned the tools and sink, finishing with a good splash of my Homemade Bay Rum Splash.
Resulting in a DFS+ finish, smooth and comfortable and smelling pretty good.
I do enjoy a Williams Wednesday shave.
Have a great Day All.

E64F7471-2C4C-4C58-9F8B-09EBEC6B6F5E.jpeg

SOTD 01/08/20

What a splendidly designed razor. Despite the cold and snow, I enjoyed a relaxing and surprisingly close two pass shave! MWF whipped up with Jayaruh Custom #372 into a glistening, slick protective lather that initially left me wondering whether I had a blade in the razor! Talk about smooth! The razor is aptly named, and delivered a shave easily the equal of my Vector, AS-D2 or Silversmith, all great razor's, but ranging from 4 to 4 1/2 times the price of this little Marvel. BBS shave #2 was bloodless and left me feeling clean, refreshed and oh so very smooooth on both noggin and face.

RAZOR: Fine Marvel Safety Razor
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #372
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme

8/1/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Voskhod (2)
Post - Alum
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

First shave in 4 days, had a few weepers over the last few shaves that I kept on reopening and needed to let my face recoup a bit. I generally shave every day, and it felt strange to have 4 days of growth to take down in today's shave. The Yaqi Cobbed head with the Vosk mowed it down with little to no trouble, and even with the growth I had the razor had more blade feel then I generally like. Managed to pick up another weeper in the shave as well, I'm not sure I have the will to keep on giving this particular razor head any more outings!

One day and two shaves, what is the world coming to? For my second shaving activity of yesterday I gave the theme 'Bladedonkey '

IMG_20200107_181625.jpg

So a bit belated here but work and life rather took over from scribbling away merrily and letting you all in to the inner secrets of my shaving affairs.

Razordonkey - Brass Karve on a C Plate
Bladedonkey - Polsilver Lodz
Brushdonkey - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soapdonkey - La Savonniere Du Moulin
Smellydonkey - M&S Vetiver & Cedarwood

Last night saw a welcome opportunity to have some time at home with Mrs Satanfriendly and the chance to relax in a sea of shaving. Which is apparently a better option than becoming immersed in the sea while at work. Something I have avoided for 43 years and hope to do so until the day I retire (not that far off).

Anyway. Donkey soap? I forgot how damn fine this soap is. Used like a large shaving stick and one excellent quality lather is easily achieved given a little more water than usual and a little more of that elbow grease stuff. The fact it is scentless is neither here nor there for me, but what it is, is one wonderful barrier between skin and steel. The Cadman works minor miracles with this soap and the two put in an Oscar performance on the soapy, watery, brushy front. But not as quick as this method

I have said it before and I will say it again, the Karve must be one of the best value razors out there and to me would make a really fantastic 'My First Razor'. A bit like 'My First Pony' but a little less child friendly. Very little to go wrong and nothing unusual about making it perform at its best. One of the best around the chin razors I've met to date and a blinder to use. An 89 after a gym session.

End results being one superb shave and smelling like a donkey. Thank heavens for the M&S and I couldn't recommend their Dermot O'Leary line highly enough for what they cost. A fantastic scent in this case and enough to put a big smile in the bathroom mirror. Although my mirror definitely lies.

Smoother than a chocolate fountain and as equally as sweet. And if its chocolate it's just got to be......

Wed 8th Jan.

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Williams Mug Soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Still on sit down Shaves using the ATT SE1, managed it with Williams today. Good news is that I see a consultant tomorrow to see how things are progressing with my leg,and that is being done quite locally instead of a big unit some distance from Home.

Wednesday AM 2020-01-08

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving cream
Gillette New Long Comb/UFO Goliath
Tiger Platinum (10)
Col. Conk Almond aftershave balm

This was my first shave with the Boellis 1924 cream, and it made excellent lather. It has a unique powdery citrus-tobacco-lavender-musk fragrance, that I didn't immediately love but which might grow on me with time. (I have never used the aftershave, but I am guessing that this cream fragrance matches it.) The Tiger blade gave me an easy BBS shave in the Gillette razor, but I just don't like it quite as much as I do my vintage blades.
0tIQ7dg.jpg

Well I sat with a buddy before New Years trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the Supply V2 and came to the conclusion it was how I was reloading the blade after cleaning it. So fresh blade in today and right as rain as they say!

Proraso green is the smell of Italian Barbershops or at least that is what I am going with and my new bowl is bringing me so much joy I reached for the cream this morning. Little pre-shave joy too!

Lovely two pass shave (WTG/ATG) and smooth as can be. The three dot plate is my fav of the three I have for this polished beauty. From now on I just take everything apart, clean and dry everything and just reassemble.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Supply The Single Edge V2
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson 59
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Lotion
Lather: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
Acqua di Parma Colonia

SOTD : 9th January 2020.

h.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Razor: Gillette Guard. (4)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Denim Original ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Another enjoyable early morning 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.The gillette guard throughout the week has provided me with quick fuss-free shaves...What more can i say.

'I'm now convinced if i had used the brush, shaving soap / cream method, instead of gel when i shaved with Cartridge razors for all those years my shaves would have been considerably better and more enjoyable, as back then, shaving was something i hated having to do with a great passion."I learn something new everytime i shave".

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom