SOTD: Saturday 4th - Friday 10th. May 2019.

• Seygus Zeppelin v 2.0 (0.7)
  • Lord Classic
  • DScosmetic 24mm synthetic
  • Chiselled Face - Sherlock
  • MÜHLE Alum
  • Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man AS Balm
Such nice brushes those DScosmetics for so little money! It made a bunch of very fine shaving foam with a nice creamy, thick consistency, and with one load enough for two 3 pass shavings. Boy does that Sherlock smell nice, even better than Sharp Dressed Man, and they are a nice combination ;-) The Zeppelin with its strange 'smiley face' performed a lot better with the Lord Classic compared with the Kai, a lot nicer, and my skin is not screaming bloody murder now :-D
Looking back, i should have gone for the 0.7 on both sides of the razor instead of this standard with 0.5 and 0.7, it is annoying to notice you are using the 0.5 as it has no audio feedback whatsoever and also no blade feel. Alas, choices made, and the 0.7 is a nice shaver (and a strange duck).IMG_20190505_112229sc.jpg

05/05/19

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

I couldn't quite believe my eyes today, I finished the 50g sample of Cella with my shave today! A soap I really enjoyed using, but I don't think I will buy any more to replace it.

A continued run out with the Ball End Tech and Gillette Platinum, a great combination and the blade seems to be as good on it's 4th as it was on it's 1st shave - great blade so far.

05/05/19

Brush - Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Pre - Proraso Green
Razor - Yaqi Space Blue Brass DOC
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap - Proraso Green
ASL - Proraso Blue
AS - Paco Rabanne Invictus
Bowl - Giles Shaving Co.

A menthol shave today - perfect for the sunshine! The new Yaqi rainbow brush performed well (no surprise there) and the Yaqi razor and Gillette Platinum combination also worked flawlessly. A DFS to see me through the next couple of days.

I've not used the Invictus in over 18 months but it's a fine scent.
098c783cc60da4f197d09f9875370b09.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

05/05/19

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

I couldn't quite believe my eyes today, I finished the 50g sample of Cella with my shave today! A soap I really enjoyed using, but I don't think I will buy any more to replace it.

A continued run out with the Ball End Tech and Gillette Platinum, a great combination and the blade seems to be as good on it's 4th as it was on it's 1st shave - great blade so far.
I've just finished my second shave with the Gillette Platinum. I'm finding it a fine blade! Seems to be a common theme with the PPI blades.

Sunday 5th May
Cadman Custom Synth - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' - Ever Ready 1914 - GEM SSC #10 - Alum - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' ASB
bgHg0ai.jpg

First use of my May acquisitions.
The Apricus soap and Balm are part of the ATG Wickham's LE 2019 group buy.
The soap was lovely. The scent is a homage to Dior's Eau Savage, and is an absolute delight, with a great citrus/floral hit. What really impressed me was the superb slickness.
The 1914 with a GEM blade on it's 10th outing was really efficient, so I'm left extremely clean shaven.
Now, I normally finish a shave with an alcohol based AS followed by a moisturiser. So the use of Wickham's ASB turned into a new experience. And I'm delighted. It's very soothing and not at all sticky. The scent is amazing. So overall I'm a really happy chappy.

Last edited:
Sunday 5th May
Cadman Custom Synth - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' - Ever Ready 1914 - GEM SSC #10 - Alum - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' ASB
bgHg0ai.jpg

First use of my May acquisitions.
The Apricus soap and Balm are part of the Wickham's LE 2019 group buy
The soap was lovely. The scent is a homage to Dior's Eau Savage, and is an absolute delight, with a great citrus/floral hit. What really impressed me was the superb slickness.
The 1914 with a GEM blade on it's 10th outing was really efficient, so I'm left extremely clean shaven.
Now, I normally finish a shave with an alcohol based AS followed by a moisturiser. So the use of Wickham's ASB turned into a new experience. And I'm delighted. It's very soothing and not at all sticky. The scent is amazing. So overall I'm a really happy chappy.
What a great looking brush! :love:

I've just finished my second shave with the Gillette Platinum. I'm finding it a fine blade! Seems to be a common theme with the PPI blades.

I'm really liking the Gillette Platinum so far, it's very smooth and just sharp enough - a really forgiving blade, probably the smoothest of the PPI blades I have used but YMMV as ever.

I've not come across a bad PPI blade, they all seem to be excellent. Even though I own a lot of them I still seem to use a lot of alternatives, often inferior in the shave and often I'm not entirely sure why I continue to try other blades! Such is the way of the shaving bug!

Sundays Shave

A beautiful shave with the 40/50s Pal Hollow Ground Blade , these are different to shave with but I quite enjoy them.

Sunday.jpg

Pre: Vito Menthol
Soap: Wickhams Ninfeo Di Egeria
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Vintage PAL Hollow Ground
Balm: Barts Unscented
EDT: Copy Cat SMW

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited:
6opqbhr.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor:Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Chanel Antaeus

First shave with the WR1, so I paired it with a blade and soap I am well familiar with. The Haslinger lather was delightful, and very slick indeed.
Three very comfortable passes - the razor felt very precise and rock-solid. Not a hint of resistance in the ATG final pass, which is always a very good sign for me.
After three passes, I was very much at BBS. The only negative was some minor tenderness on the sides of my mouth, almost certainly due to a little too much pressure.
I don't have much experience with the more aggressive razors - I would say that the efficiency seemed quite similar to my Blackland Blackbird.
Wonderful post-shave feel from the tallow Haslinger Schafmilch soap.

I'm really liking the Gillette Platinum so far, it's very smooth and just sharp enough - a really forgiving blade, probably the smoothest of the PPI blades I have used but YMMV as ever.

I've not come across a bad PPI blade, they all seem to be excellent. Even though I own a lot of them I still seem to use a lot of alternatives, often inferior in the shave and often I'm not entirely sure why I continue to try other blades! Such is the way of the shaving bug!
I know exactly what you mean! I think 5he lack of variety would be boring though.

The last two PPI models in my collection I've to try are the Sputnik and Rubie. I'm already convinced I'll like the Sputnik as it's teflon coated and I've only heard good things about the Rubies.

I think a PPI appreciation thread is in order soon!

Back
Top Bottom