SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

Milky May

Wednesday 8th May

AP1GczMrA7WQpm99M7RCad5PNyiuoRHLcT3lHF00q69a_h7hK5TJY2e8UyT_NdaoRnuAi72qFXtcmLGsb0ocTpEPmUlPMrEaQxyAW77Q0SJJyjEjRRhRDsGDl_X1oAKYFDpCiY1j3PvY2C0DngDMCrKnnTxgpQ=w800

Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Muhle Rocca w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Classic (3)
Brut Splash-On

Bob-on!

Razor + Woolfman WR 1
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 400. 2 Band
Cream = Geo F Trumper Eucris with
matching splash & balm.
IMG_1566.jpegWow just wow
First go on the WR 1 and what a dream razor.
i’m always worried these razors are going to be to aggressive for me even although i like aggressive now & again however this was the opposite.
For me this could be a daily shaver and that’s unusual considering its Open Comb.
The low profile head is outstanding for under the nose, i could actually say perfect in every way.
Paired with the Gillette Blue & Eucris it was a straight 10/10 shave.

20240508_200825.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Goodfellas Smile Wild hog.
Soap GFCC Peppermint.
Razor Muhle Rocca Birch.
Blade Personna Platinum (1)
Post shave Secret concoction.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man edt.

Muhle Rocca baby what's not to love and the blade is much better than the Lord Platinum.
Enjoy the day.

A couple of shaves to catch up on and with the central connection being football themed Highlander brushes, it is only fitting that this SOTD is themed, 'Albert and his Eins Stein'

Albert based his theory of relatives on his Uncle Bernhard, a well known alcoholic in his village. When tanked up after an evening on the ale in his local Kneipe he would often ask 'Wie spät ist es? Ich scheine jegliche Vorstellung davon verloren zu haben, wie spät es wirklich ist'

Albert unfortunately had to look after him and so could only have the Eins Stein

Tuesday

20240507_185419.jpg

20240507_185356.jpg

E=MC² - Where M = Stainless Mongoose
Kinematic blade - Schick Proline
Gravitational brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Relativity of simultaneous soap - Signature Condate
Expansionary moisturiser - Collagen
Processional perfume - Floris No.89

'This Satan chap? Relatively speaking, a complete cock'

A promotional winning brush and a bunch of SPOTTY award winning accoutrements and an award winning shave.

An award winning band? I don't think so.

Wednesday

20240508_181211.jpg

Razor - Ikon B1
Blade - Brazilian Wilkie (and some fish)

IMG-20200228-WA0031.jpg

Brush - Highlander LFC
Soap - Signature Top secret coconut
Balm - L'Occitane Cade
Scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'Personally speaking, I think we should just wrap up this shave here and end with some of my favourite Japanese ladies'

?

SOTD Wed 8 May 2024

Better weather at last, shave
619EA79A-657F-404A-9F84-4D2093683FE0.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - french glass bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Shark Platinum (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils)
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB
Fragrance - G.Bellini Homme Paris EDP

A great shave tonight (maybe I’m getting the hang of this - naah!) It almost started with a disaster that I have been dreading though. I was happily building a great lather in my glass bowl when, whilst balancing brush and bowl, my tremors took over big style and the bowl slipped out of my hand. Fortunately it landed in the sink which was full of water. The bowl remained intact and only the tidal wave which left the sink was a clue to my near calamity. Our bathroom is a wet room so it was no biggie, just remade the lather and carried on (have I seen that on a mug?) However, I don’t think I’ll chance it again, so it’s back to the plastic bowl next time. Anyway I digress, the shave with the remade excellent lather (wonderful soap and brush) was great, the razor and blade combo was impressively smooth and close and the lotions and potions did their magic as required leaving my face feeling and smelling very nice!

CA7F73E4-F441-4506-B6A8-CAC6AC16F6C5.jpeg
What was that commotion in the bathroom earlier?
Shhh, nothing for you to worry about, here, have this markie and keep quiet!
Two markies and a gravy bone!
Oh, okay.
Result, now where was I, oh yes, Zzzzzzz!

Colonial General V2 (Loan)
Proline Blade
Zingari Soap
Simpson Brush
IMG_4395.jpeg

General kindly on loan from @Boycie83 and got to say I’m hugely appreciative of the loan. Shave was good but razor doesn’t blow me away compared to La Faulx which for me shows itself as next level. Still can’t argue with the final result just felt quite rough at times. Of all SE I’ve used my favs are

1: La Faulx
2: Mongoose
3: Stando Rod

Brass General up next.

Thu 9
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
I love this soap & splash set. Super creamy & slick plus a cooling & intoxicating scent...
This razor was also refreshed on the 0.1um diamond balsa followed by the HBA. The resulting edge feels soft, buttery smooth, and comfortably keen...
20240509_124808.jpg

SOTD: 9th May 2024.

52.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: La Barbiera Fresh Lemon Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D4)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful face lathering performance from the Semogue 1305 boar brush. The handle has started to flake off in places giving it a "Shabby Chic look " but it doesn't hinder the brushes ability to build a great lather upon my ugly mug.

All of the La Barbiera shaving soaps have performed wonderfully, especially for my head shaves throughout the week. I prefer my Boar brushes when mixing up a lather with the La Barbiera shaving soap.

Scent wise if I had to choose a favourite then it would be the "Fresh Lemon" followed by the "Classic", but all are equal in performance protection, and post shave feel. These shaving soaps will last me for some time.

Great soaps which I look forward to using in my feature shaves.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom