SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

SOTD: 7th May 2024.

51.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10005.
Face Lather.
Lather: La Barbiera Summer Fruit Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture + Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another smooth performance from the Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone/Dorco Prime Platinum duo.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 07/05/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

07/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Mühle R89 Twist
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 19 (4).jpg
Enjoy your day all.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpson’s Captain synthetic
Lather - Cella

Best DE shave since I returned to the sport a couple of months ago. Two passes and minimal touch-ups. Feeling very cool and smooth now.
I’m going to stick with the EJ until I’ve achieved perfection… may even prefer it to the Timor. I definitely like the 3D version… still has the Zamac head but the handle is chromed brass (I think) with a pleasingly gnurly grip.
Much as I like the Gillette Sharp Edge, the Personna is still my benchmark blade. But you know how it is with blades… gotta keep trying.
And I’ve coaxed out a very nice lather from the Cella… just keep the brush on the dry side of wet.

I was so energised by this shave I even managed a cold splash… then I went out and howled in the woods…GGGRRRR!

IMG_0139.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander Candy
S Soap: Stirling Campania

Not paying attention when changing the blade I have accidentally placed the base plate on 2 rather than 4. With it being a fresh blade I did think something was odd with the razor not being efficient enough. One glance at the engraving and all made sense.

Decided to finish the shave on plate 2 and actually had a very good result just required a bit more effort to get there. There's an obvious step down in the efficiency from 4 to 2. In fact apparently that is also the reason why Rockwell decided to pair the levels like this (1-3, 2-4, 5-6) otherwise the differences would be less discernible.

Hope everyone had a good break over the BH weekend.

SOTD.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander Candy
S Soap: Stirling Campania

Not paying attention when changing the blade I have accidentally placed the base plate on 2 rather than 4. With it being a fresh blade I did think something was odd with the razor not being efficient enough. One glance at the engraving and all made sense.

Decided to finish the shave on plate 2 and actually had a very good result just required a bit more effort to get there. There's an obvious step down in the efficiency from 4 to 2. In fact apparently that is also the reason why Rockwell decided to pair the levels like this (1-3, 2-4, 5-6) otherwise the differences would be less discernible.

Hope everyone had a good break over the BH weekend.

View attachment 120165

A superb photo. A kind of brush meets crumpled tissue paper in harmony

Wonderful

Back
Top Bottom