SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

Saturday shave - an unusual occurance for me. I've been on holiday though, and already on three days growth.

Gillette gel/shimmed Gillette Super Blue (modern Tech)/Treet Blacky Beauty(1)

I've been shaving with cartridges for a week, and seem to have forgoten how to shave. I've made a right sows ear of this. I had high hopes of the Black Beauties being a fan of Treet Platinum, but this was not a good shave. This is largely down to my cack-handedness though, so I'm not writing them off just yet (I've carefully disassembled, dried and put away the blade in the hope I can get at least one more shave out of it before it goes rusty).

Saturday 31st March - Easter Shave
Zenith 506U TS
OSP Spice Road (prototype)
Igor by Tom White
GEM Stainless Coated #3
Alum Wash
Old Spice A/S
Lacura Moisturiser
r22BgJn.jpg

This time, my favourite soap gets its rare outing for this shave. James Riley of OSP originally offered this prototype to the testers. But it never made it commercially. I have a small amount left, so keep it for special occasions.
I'm keeping Igor on the mid setting, as that suits my 2 day growth. It's an easy razor to negotiate around the face. And again gave me a very close, clean shave.

Happy Easter to you all

C9Jcsjsp_o.jpg

Omega 10015
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Nanny's Silly Soaps Yushu
Thayers Rose, La Toja Balm & Issey Miyake Majeure d'Issey

A nice shave today, although I have had better with this combination. I enjoy the scent of this Yushu soap but I think the soap is a bit lacking to modern artisan soaps, my soap is from 2013/14 so probably has been improved on since then. I like this Issey Miyake, reading online it seems to be panned but I quite enjoy, some fussy buggers about :D

Looking forward to tomorrow's shave going to try a Feather in my Schick Krona, as well as a sample of Caron Pour Un Homme, I wonder if it will give me a beard like Sebastien Chabal...

Saturday AM 2018-03-31

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada & Purple)
Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Purple Aristocrat Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave

The Floris soap is underappreciated or simply not well known; it makes wonderful lather.
uXh0Ysd.jpg

SOTD, 31 March 2018.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap wash followed by warm water splash.
Cream - Murdock Avalon.
Brush - Muhle Purist, Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Razor - Rex Supply Co. Ambassador Adjustable DE Razor - setting 3.
Blade - Astra SP (Green) (day 1).
Post shave - Clinque Post Shave Balm, followed by Floid Vigoroso.

Third shave with the Rex; a very nice relaxed affair today, no rush a nice way to start the Easter weekend.

I decided to change blades in the Rex as the Gillette Silver Blue felt a little tuggy yesterday, which was most surprising given that that was the second day using that blade. Decided to load up with the Astra SP as it has been a long time since I have used that blade.

A very smooth and efficient shave, possibly to early to tell, but thus far I think I prefer the Astra SP in the Rex over the Gillette Silver Blue. A 3 pass shave with no issues; ending in a DFS + BBS - result.

Have a great Easter all,

Chris

SOTD 31/03/2018

h2s60VC94kWeHOGQUxtgRPyc1LVcVSPeFHLQJqh-7q0jiBKpDVirG7D27zDamwFm7xlHTPbZ5Q4eale5NxHC9QatpFwOAL-aSg6phCxNsk1m_w5RLYPJWdahcEzMyOddgNBAnEE6vENDwE6PmQj_w084YA5VIl1Dj8Nbw_Jz-vZYTZ2uikJBcDQwEBUmdRQAAsw6wYn5I4nzlPxBjlpGU54BeMnf7O95DFPKjJnRuRUBBipAwcLrcfE_dKcReNd1qi4N6G_y-b0TWN9-NDfEo_TY2kNJlYgUJXN_4lJeVkgJpBkinVidM6nysFWibCrIeid64wp33lZ2AzWNfV1f5HUkmVN-_VSMYf-U35mqhkXq80GcInzjiL7Zv00HQiXm5HpfKrmtwQFrHn8tEZztCJP4OnEiMEQbOmUWvFJwJWZHFlLJdyBu1ddAR2fZhB3VIhBhJZ2VawDKS1RqDzAEKWE1kRRWMi13ZJat6Y-CbMfrBhXSXsZIFSKKq180Tn8aUxh_BTne3sNvgoVtsXC__ylG1oEl-n29MScSZoTTD3lrv0QVYPUkqEnIrUb8nWg9JTZjnmHd-ehEc06uG-LbnBBOBngiErhHwgTXeX7nVWtRBI5enwD6Grm45kOIjMvRubZvrfvx_KfQhVirkoh3r7np4c5RaW13=w1600-h1200-no

Charcoal Soap
LaSheba Ghassoul Shaving Soap & Kent (Vintage) w/Gan Village Green Synthetic
British Bakelite DE & SuperMax Blue Diamond (2)
Two Pass - WTG
Shibden Woods Aftershave
AHB Festimusk Attar
Vines's Bay Rum Hair Tonic​

I'm enjoying a little run through of the bakelite razors that I own ...

Whoa! In complete contrast to my last shave with the very mild Knockout razor, today was like the Muhle R41 if it had woken up with a "let's go get 'em!" attitude.

Close, keen and just a tad aggressive requiring the lightest of touches, just to get away with it.

No blood. I got away with it :D

Back
Top Bottom