SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

a bit of a change as recently I have not been doing Daily Shaves. Seemed so easy with just a days growth to deal with, a nice close finish being easily attained.
I changed from daily to every 2 days quite a while ago, and found I got much more efficient shaves. Plus my skin thanked me for it.
A.

6D500BC5-A793-4B4D-AB8B-F2E0C75B06ED.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Kent BK8 Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Bodyshop Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Alum Block, Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute edt.

Rare head shave using anything other than the original Leaf. Decent head shave but nothing beats the Leaf for me. Face shave left a few weepers, think the blade was past it’s best. I will put the Twig Thorn away and use it as my travel kit razor.

SOTD 20230102.
L82OUt5.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: pre-).
J&T® apple / Cashmere.
T.O.B.S. "Mr Taylor's" shaving cream.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2 razor.
Astra Superior Platinum (1).
Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: after-).
Loris "E-33" EdP (== Burberry for Men Classic).

Monday

I haven't shaved since new years eve, eve when I went to the footy, so I had a few days growth to remove.

I decided my first shave of 2023 should be with kit I really like. Birth year Slim loaded with a Perma sharp (would have been a Nacet, bit this one was sitting in a tuck all on it's own). As the start of the New Year is a big thing to my Scottish family (marriage) and friends, I picked Hibernia as my choice of Signature soap and sort of paired it with the Leodis splash. Used my C&H Locale for whipping up the lather.

Very pleased with my choices, my first shave of the year - super duper! Could have left it at two passes, but was enjoying the shave so did three (8,6,6). BBS resulted and I also smell great too!

Let's hope everything else goes like this, this year!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20230102_133046__01.jpg
    IMG_20230102_133046__01.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5
2/1/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush - Yaqi 21mm Cashmere
Razor - Gillette New OC (raw brass)
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Cabana

The Cashmere knot seems a bit on the floppy side of things, a bit limp for loading but the face feel and functionality of the knot for building a lather is superb. A great lather with the Stirling Electric Sheep, and shave with the Treet Classic in the New.

Have a good start to the week gents.

IMG_20230102_122636.jpg

2 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Murphy and McNeil: The Abbey ( Kodiak )
Fragrance: Enigma pour Homme Cologne by Roja Dove.

well, The Abbey is one thirsty soap.. think B&M thirsty, that's what it made me think of.. once you have it well hydrated, it performs like a champ. The Astra was a bit of a mixed call with the Weber, efficient yes, but not as smooth as it is with the Rockwell.

Czech and Speake No. 88
Semogue 1305
Replated Fatboy on 5
Treet 7 Days Platinum
M&S Woodspice Burgundy aftershave

A great shave with the 7 Days. My first try of one of these. Very smooth and very close except in the harder, against the grain areas which would usually lead to weepers. None here though.

I started off with my cheapo straight after honing it 100 times (one on each side of the blade) on 1000 grit and then a further hundred on 6000 grit whetstone.
Absolutely no stubble removed. I would have expected a little removed even by accident after two passes across the face, but no. What am I doing wrong?
After saving the shave I've re-honed it another 100 times on 1k and 75 on 6k grit.
How many times do I need to do it to get even a passable shave??PXL_20230102_151427202.jpg

Last edited:
8FA2D8A7-32F7-4E5F-96AA-85433746F823.jpeg

Been a loooonnngg time since I posted here, but I’m back!

Easy and lazy shave today. Favourite razor and blade combo: R101 and Shark. No real prep, just soaked and shaved in the bath. TF&J Trafalgar cream (with some old Palmolive stick thrown in) and an Omega brush.

Two passes, one with and one against the grain.

Rinsed off in the bath and finished with Bull Dog moisturiser.

View attachment 98345

Easy and lazy shave today. Favourite razor and blade combo: R101 and Shark. No real prep, just soaked and shaved in the bath. TF&J Trafalgar cream (with some old Palmolive stick thrown in) and an Omega brush.

Welcome back.

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood
Blade: Feather ProGuard (1)
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

Brought out the SE in preparation for my first straight razor shave, hopefully this next weekend.

A decent two pass finish, no errors but not the cleanest shave. I'll take it!

View attachment 98345

Welcome the hell back, fella! Been a spate of second comings lately. Can only be a good thing. (y)

Back
Top Bottom