SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

SOTD: 31/12/2022

Razor: Gillette 1940's English Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow Sharp Edge, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 1305
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Derby Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Razorock Irish Countryside Aftershave
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of A 1940's Jazz Playlist To Match The Age Of The Razor
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Nice old school shave today to see the year out. Who doesn't like an old Gillette Tech. Pound for pound (weight and price) probably the best razor ever made.

*BRUSH DOWN - BRUSH DOWN*. Unfortunately my nearly new Semogue 1305 has fingernail sized chunks of paint coming away. Having said that it is a piggie with attitude and performed valiantly and so henceforth will be known as the rabid warthog rather than a plain old boar brush as it now has attitude and war wounds/scars to prove it. Not sure what to do with it, I'm defjnately keeping it. I'm wondering about taking all the paint off, sanding it and varnishing it. Any ideas? As brushes go it's a cheapie but I still want to save it.

View attachment 98221
Aye, scrape the paint off, gie it a wee sand and oil it. Varnish is not the answer. Use a good oil like Danish.

SOTD: 1st January 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (Black) (D2)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL+ASB.

Greetings,

New year's day shave.

Happy New Year to all members of TSR, wishing you all peace good health, happiness & contentedness for 2023.

The Indian Gillette 7'0 Clock Super Platinum blade paired up with the Snmirn adjustable feeling comfortably smooth and efficient.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups new year's day shave to start the year off in style...Finishing the shave off with a small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and have a wonderful new years day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Yours-Barry.

Sotd 01/01
Pre shave: paa cube
Soap: Barrister and mann Seville
Splash: Barrister and mann Seville
Balm: Barrister and mann Seville
Edt: Barrister and mann Seville
Alum bloc

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Razor rock hawk v3 standard plate
Blade: kai captain titan mild 2nd use

Happy new year folks went for a three pass shave this morning with the Hawk and was a great shave close and smooth i went the full Barrister and mann and great way to start the day great lather and really nice scent
Have a good one
20230101_103314.jpg

Sun 1st January
Happy New Year to All.

Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
RR Hawk V3 - A plate
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 1 ]
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

My last Shave of 2022 was with this Razor, and was rather uncomfortable which I put down to an iffy lightly used blade.Getting back on the Horse !!, I used The Hawk with a fresh blade. What a contrast so smooth and comfortable, and yet in what appeared to be a very quick Shave the finish was Top Notch. As out early tomorrow visiting Family will use The Hawk again, with an Eco being packed for an away from Home Shave.

IMG_0312.jpeg

SOTD: 01/01/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Professional, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Barrister And Mann Spice Croap
Aftershave: Barrister And Mann Spice Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

First shave of a new year. A few red spots but I put that down to a new feather blade. Very efficient shave, maybe too efficient as I can feel a little bit of soreness (new blade probably).

Wonder what this year will bring shave wise. It's a fun journey to be on.

Now strap yourselves in, keep your hands in the car at all times and scream if you want to go faster........

6C11F60B-155E-4962-81B9-7D924BC9CB4B.jpeg

A most happy of New Year's to one and all, your families and your friends. In the world of shaving my new year starts with a shave themed, 'I raise my razor in a toast(er) to you fellow shavateers'

20221231_182914.jpg

Well done - Razorock Hawk V3
Lightly toasted - Schick Proline
Burnt offering - Captain Fawcett's synthetic
Medium - Murdock's cream
Jam and butter - Pure moisturiser

Just the way to start this new year. A couple of slices of toast, a cup of tea and a shave. Breakfast never tasted so good.

Welcome back Mr Hawk and so pleased to see you again. Oh, and Mr Schick as well! Meet Murdock Creamy stuff and his friend the esteemed Captain Fawcett. Off you go chaps and do your thing.

And they did.

Throw a bunch of friends together and happiness will always prevail. In this case happiness in the form of one refreshing and heavenly bit of face time. Welcome to the new year. Welcome to another year of great shaves and welcome to even more of my piffle.

Wishing everyone the very best in every way. Peace, love and beaver to all.....

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (3)
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

Usually I shave with cold water only, including face wash pre/post, lathering, etc. I tried warm water only today to see if it made a difference; maybe a slightly nicer experience at the time but I'd say slightly harsher shave as well. Back to cold shaving for me!

01/01/23
Happy New Year Everyone
New Year Nye GIF by Bells and Wishes

Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Siege cannon Proraso Red
23 Wk 01 (2).JPG
I tried again with the Gelousy Brass brush today with even more bands over the knot base, sorry its just not working for me, i believe the 20mm knot is just too small for the handle recess, it needs a 22mm in there. I had emailed Andrew and he replied very quickly, the knot is just siliconed in so after a rinse and warm through it was gripped tightly and twisted, out it came easily. I also removed the spacer, i will reset it lower, although i do think it will not help.
Any knot recommendations at 22mm will be appreciated.
Everything else was spot on, i was a little apprehensive using the Feather after a month on the DE's, no need really, its like riding a bike. 2 very comfortable and efficient passes have left me BBS and comfortable.
A nice post shave finished off a wonderful start to the year.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

01/01/23
Happy New Year Everyone
New Year Nye GIF by Bells and Wishes

Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Siege cannon Proraso Red
View attachment 98283
I tried again with the Gelousy Brass brush today with even more bands over the knot base, sorry its just not working for me, i believe the 20mm knot is just too small for the handle recess, it needs a 22mm in there. I had emailed Andrew and he replied very quickly, the knot is just siliconed in so after a rinse and warm through it was gripped tightly and twisted, out it came easily. I also removed the spacer, i will reset it lower, although i do think it will not help.
Any knot recommendations at 22mm will be appreciated.
Everything else was spot on, i was a little apprehensive using the Feather after a month on the DE's, no need really, its like riding a bike. 2 very comfortable and efficient passes have left me BBS and comfortable.
A nice post shave finished off a wonderful start to the year.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Boti on AliExpress have a good selection of small knots, T. What characteristics are you looking for?

A most happy of New Year's to one and all, your families and your friends. In the world of shaving my new year starts with a shave themed, 'I raise my razor in a toast(er) to you fellow shavateers'

View attachment 98277

Well done - Razorock Hawk V3
Lightly toasted - Schick Proline
Burnt offering - Captain Fawcett's synthetic
Medium - Murdock's cream
Jam and butter - Pure moisturiser

Just the way to start this new year. A couple of slices of toast, a cup of tea and a shave. Breakfast never tasted so good.

Welcome back Mr Hawk and so pleased to see you again. Oh, and Mr Schick as well! Meet Murdock Creamy stuff and his friend the esteemed Captain Fawcett. Off you go chaps and do your thing.

And they did.

Throw a bunch of friends together and happiness will always prevail. In this case happiness in the form of one refreshing and heavenly bit of face time. Welcome to the new year. Welcome to another year of great shaves and welcome to even more of my piffle.

Wishing everyone the very best in every way. Peace, love and beaver to all.....

Love the toaster

Boti on AliExpress have a good selection of small knots, T. What characteristics are you looking for?
I was thinking of going Synth, however, saying that I wanted a more local supplier. I know Andrew has G4 knots at shavers delight, I bought one of the Silvertips to go into your old copper Zenith when I get around to it. It feels good but has not been wet.
I am not sure if there are any other suppliers more local.
Cheers though Chris I may have a look.
T

Back
Top Bottom