SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

Thu 4 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Blue BarberShop
Brush Yaqi Bali 24mm Silvertip
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade ShaverBoy Stainless 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash
Good lather performance from the soap...but the scent is somewhat lacking for me.
Another excellent razor that I missed. Paired with this blade it was alright...got the job done well. The blade was acceptable but definitely not the smoothest. 3passes without any issues for a dfs++ finish. Aftershaves were excellent.

SOTD : 4th November 2021.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Derby Shaving Stick.
Blade: Willy's Premium. (D2)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS-Cologne+ASB.

Greetings,

Early Thursday morning 'Turkish themed' shave,

Last outing of the Willy's Premium which paired together excellently with the Parker 98r feeling super smooth, cutting through my stubble effortlessly maintaining a smooth sharp efficient edge with each shave.

A wonderful performance from the humble Derby shave stick that always provides an acceptable lather for my shave without drying out on my face inbetween each pass, leaving a good post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

PS: Do keep yours pets safe from tomorrow evening's firework activities.

Last edited:
Sotd 03/11

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: captains choice unscented
Alum bloc
Splash: captains choice nor Easter
Balm : arko unscented
Brush: alpha T-400
Razor : homelike shaving BAIKAL
Blade: astra sp green

Went for a evening shave and use my new razor from homelike shaving used plate 3 first for the 1st and 2nd pass and It felt aggressive also it gave a lot of audible feedback when shaving for pass 3 I turned the plate over to 1 and it felt really good against the grain it felt nice and smooth will definitely need to practice with the plates but it was a close shave and no cuts so all good

Attachments

• 20211103_220751.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5
SOTD 04-Nov

Brush: Wolf Whiskers 26mm Fanchurian
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: CB Karve Brass (B) + CG Everyday
Blade: Astra SP (2) + Astra SP (1)

First run out of the new brush, I've set the knot a tad too high, luckily it's not permanent so I'll sort it. Would be grand if I was head shaving.

@jphelan81 I said I'd do a quick side by side with the karve and cg, quick visual comparison made me think the CG Everyday was potentially lower than the C plate Karve so threw on the B plate (didn't even realise I had that).

Face, one side karve one side CG. Based on a purely subjective non-scientific opinion based feel from someone who doesn't have the experience of 99% of people here (I'm clearly making a point there!), the everyday actually felt lower than the B. I had to put a bit of pressure on the CG to get the same effect, which might put it into A plate territory or lower. Unfortunately I have nothing else for comparison that might be so mild.

None of this is to suggest it's bad, it's just not to my tastes. Visuals and weighting I love it and if I'm in a rush I could throw this around my face like a flannel with no fear. For me though, if and when he brings out the next levels this plate won't be a keeper.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Great comparison Marc - thanks for sharing (and doing).

I meant to comment on your MdC shaves the other day. I also started with samples of MdC and was on the fence with some of the scents. I ended up buying jars of them all anyway as I'm a consumerist whore. What I can safely say is that they all smell much better from the jar. No regrets with those purchases.

Nice man, yeah I've found sometimes the samples don't reflect true performance. I might not follow suit and buy all them (as tempting as that is), but I'm thinking the fougere is going to be first on the list at the moment.