SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

SOTD : 31st March 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Parker ~ Premium Platinum.(2)

Razor: YingJili 'Tech Clone'.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another Williams Uber/Superlather sunday morning shave..Maiden shave with a 'new' wilkinson sword shaving brush one of three, which i bought from Asda, for £1.58p each in the sale section, to be honest, i didn't really need them but for that price i couldn't resist..I gave it a quick wash & rinse in washing up liquid, rinsed it in warm water, then a wash with Dettol anti baterial soap, to remove any nasties ,then a final rinse to remove any loose hairs.

The brush only shreaded a few more hairs while mixing the superlather and inbetween each pass ,which is quite good considering it's maiden shave, and been a very in-expensive brush.

I can't recall the last time i used the Chinese Yingjili 'tech clone' ,which was passed on to me by a work mate, paired together with the premium platinum blade was a comfortable non-aggressive,but efficient duo.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream superlather mix worked wonderfully together, the addition of the glycerin brings the mixture together superbly, providing a smooth protective slick lather for the shave..I've now completely finished my first Puck/cake of williams, but all is not lost i've another five which will keep me going for some time...'happy days'.

A very comfortable in-expensive Sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.... 'You don't always need expensive shaving items to get a acceptable comfortable shave'..A excellent shave from some of my cheapest shaving items, with in my humble shaving arsenal.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

What a great shave!

Pre: Pears transparent Pure & Gentle
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: OSP Spice road
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Razor: Rockwell 6S R3
Post shave: cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel lavender/grapefruit/patchouli astringent,
Balm: Super drug A/S balm
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne 1 million.

I used the pears soap as a pre shave, tip from one of the posts and it seems to have worked well.
I changed the R1 to the R3 plate, much better, it still felt Mild although it did go through whiskers easily. Much closer to what I was expecting. The weight doing all the work.
A lovely BBS shave in 2 passes, WTG, & and XTG/AGT mix.
No need to use Alum block, face is smooth and calm.
My homemade astringent splash (may need a bit floral oil in there), a rub of balm & a splash of A/S.
Feeling good and refreshed.
Expecting big things from the 6S once I get used to it.
Will use R3 plate for a week then try the R4 plate.

Enjoy your Sunday All.

SOTD : 31st March 2019.

View attachment 42398

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Parker ~ Premium Platinum.(2)

Razor: YingJili 'Tech Clone'.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another Williams Uber/Superlather sunday morning shave..Maiden shave with a 'new' wilkinson sword shaving brush one of three, which i bought from Asda, for £1.58p each in the sale section, to be honest, i didn't really need them but for that price i couldn't resist..I gave it a quick wash & rinse in washing up liquid, rinsed it in warm water, then a wash with Dettol anti baterial soap, to remove any nasties ,then a final rinse to remove any loose hairs.

The brush only shreaded a few more hairs while mixing the superlather and inbetween each pass ,which is quite good considering it's maiden shave, and been a very in-expensive brush.

I can't recall the last time i used the Chinese Yingjili 'tech clone' ,which was passed on to me by a work mate, paired together with the premium platinum blade was a comfortable non-aggressive,but efficient duo.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream superlather mix worked wonderfully together, the addition of the glycerin brings the mixture together superbly, providing a smooth protective slick lather for the shave..I've now completely finished my first Puck/cake of williams, but all is not lost i've another five which will keep me going for some time...'happy days'.

A very comfortable in-expensive Sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.... 'You don't always need expensive shaving items to get a acceptable comfortable shave'..A excellent shave from some of my cheapest shaving items, with in my humble shaving arsenal.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

I really like the sound of your "superlather", what ratio's and technique do you use, would love to give it a go.
Cheers

Date: 31 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

m0163.gif
Thank goodness it's OVER! for a FANTASTIC! whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave.
m0126.gif

image.jpg

SOTD 31st March To all you mothers!

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Iwasaki Kamisori 60mm
Soap ~ LE Pere Lucien - Fresh Rosemary ( Tallow )
Brush ~ SOC Badger & Boar
Post ~ Alum & Thayers WH

It's been some time since I shaved with my Kamisori but I need not have worried, it all came back to me once underway.
The LPL Tallow soap was perfect for the razor in hand and gave adequate protection along with being super slick.
An extremly close shave was had with only one small nick on the tidy up, some powered alum sorted out the blood loss!
All in all I am very happy with today's shave, a truly wonderful razor.

Have a great day people. P.

Date: 31 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

m0163.gif
Thank goodness it's OVER! for a FANTASTIC! whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave.
m0126.gif

Hi Jason

Did you put much of a dent in the soap in the last month ?

Hi Jason

Did you put much of a dent in the soap in the last month ?
Not completely in the middle of the puck, the whole edge around the MWF is completely curved. The most fantastic part about MWF is the whole puck is completely moist, and has made my lather 100 times easier, extra creamy slick lather and I'm worried about the puck drying out again.

Sunday 31st March

Valobra
APShave Co. SynBad
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Proraso Aftershave

I have used Wilkinson Sword, La Toja, and Valobra sticks in the last week or so and I don't think I could pick a clear winner. They all produce excellent slick and protective lathers. Great post-shave too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents.

SOTD: 31/03/2019
a0c03552b347e26ead2420634886a612.jpg

Faena Spring Edition, this soap has some serious glide and wonderful post shave qualities, my only wish is for the scent, which is modelled after Terre di Hermès to be more stronger.
[emoji1112] Faenalesvos Spring Limited Edition
[emoji631] Charcoalgoods Rubberset Prototype
[emoji631] Gillette Red Tip (D1 - 1958)
[emoji627] Kai Blade (1)
[emoji631] Stirling Orange Chill Witch Hazel
[emoji631] Fine L'Orange Noir Aftershave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday 31st March

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Red Pre Shave
TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Maseto 26mm Badger in Finest
MÜHLE R41 (2011) with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Giles Shaving Bowl
Alum and Rinse
Simple Facial toner
G.F.T Sandalwood Skin Food
Proraso Sandalwood AS

Another cold water shave for a Sandalwood Sunday.
2 passes and a touchup for a finish which is as smooth as a bowling ball.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I really like the sound of your "superlather", what ratio's and technique do you use, would love to give it a go.
Cheers
My simple "superlather" ratio technique is the following..note* i've only tried it with williams mug shaving soap, which gives superb results.

1. First i soak the williams soap in hot tap water (completely submerged) for 10-15 minutes in a old tin mug, or a bowl which ever i reach for.
  2. next i pour the water out, i then take my damp boar brush and load it up for a minute or so until the brush is loaded up.
  3. After that i put a almond size dollop of shaving cream 'Palmolive is a personal fave' into my mixing bowl, followed by 6-8 drops of glycerin + a few drops of water.
4.I then start mixing my loaded up brush with the shaving cream & glycerin, adding more water to the superlather until i get it to the consistency which i like..The glycerin is the magic ingredient of the Uber/superlather...Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I Buy my glycerin from boots..The link : https://www.boots.com/value-health-glycerin-b-p-200ml-10021858
wonderful stuff, at a very reasonable price.

Regards. B

Last edited:
My simple "superlather" ratio technique is the following..note* i've only tried it with williams mug shaving soap, which gives superb results.

1. First i soak the williams soap in hot tap water (completely submerged) for 10-15 minutes in a old tin mug, or a bowl which ever i reach for.
  2. next i pour the water out, i then take my damp boar brush and load it up for a minute or so until the brush is loaded up.
  3. After that i put a almond size dollop of shaving cream 'Palmolive is a personal fave' into my mixing bowl, followed by 6-8 drops of glycerin + a few drops of water.
4.I then start mixing my loaded up brush with the shaving cream & glycerin, adding more water to the superlather until i get it to the consistency which i like..The glycerin is magic ingredient of the Uber/superlather...Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I Buy my glycerin from boots..The link : https://www.boots.com/value-health-glycerin-b-p-200ml-10021858
wonderful stuff, at a very reasonable price.

Regards. B
Thank you very much Mr B, I will definitely try this out.
Tony

Back
Top Bottom