SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

SOTD 20180102.

dW9181G.jpg

Custom "Bethlehem" handle / MÜHLE silver tip fibre knot.
Proraso Cypress & Vetiver shaving cream.
Schick type L1 injector.
Schick Proline B-20 (6).
Proraso Cypress & Vetiver after shave cream.

jURjh1T7_o.jpeg

Omega 20102
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette Super Blue/Wilkinson Sword (1)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Alum Block, Myrsol Emulsion & Issey Miyake L'eau Majeure d'Issey

What a crap blade, only did two strokes with it and that was enough, like being plucked by a harpist. Only place for that blade is the bin. Without doubt the worst blade I have ever used, Derby's are like Feathers by comparison. The Wilkinson Sword on the other hand was smooth as butter. A great blade & razor combination, works very well and a very comfortable shave. I may actually finish a tub this year, I estimate about 10 shaves left of Solaris. The ring is growing very nicely. I'll be at a pain to start the fresh tub of it, why do soaps I enjoy become discontinued? :(

First shave of 2018.

iKon SBS + ATT Kronos, Astra Superior Platinum
Ωμέγα No. 98
Tabac
Mennen Skin Bracer
Penhaligons Endymion

P1050612 (1024x680).jpg

Three passes and an easy BBS, no problems with the angle. I also have the original iKon razor with the same head configuration, therefore knew what to expect. This is a highly efficient head design. Personally I use the bottom plate of the head in its mild placement/orientation, and shave only with the solid bar side.

The ASP is not a friendly blade for my skin but I have a few out so decided to use them up; so far it's going very well, taking into account that I shave every 2-3 days. One shave per blade side, therefore I change blade(s) every two shaves. The ATT Kronos handle possesses exceptionally effective grip due to the knurling on its cylindrical surface.

SOTD: 020118
SOTD 020118 5.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: Gem MMOC
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
EDT: 4711

First time use of this soap and I am so pleased with it. A beautiful scent throughout and beyond the shave. Really rich thick lather that face lathered wonderfully with the Annbas Boar.
It is still in its breaking in period but it is performing superbly.

A lovely comfortable 2 pass smooth shave.
Enjoy yours! :)

Tuesday

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat (1947)
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

Bliss. The weight of the Aristocrat really helps in delivering an excellent smooth shave. I always rejoice in the fact that I got this razor on the bay for a pittance. It was erroneously described as a Fat Boy!!

The Cella exudes tallowy goodness and the Speick gives a lovely understated post shave feel.
View attachment 32199
I got some Cella for Christmas and what a all round great soap, love it.

SOTD: 020118
View attachment 32205

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: Gem MMOC
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
EDT: 4711

First time use of this soap and I am so pleased with it. A beautiful scent throughout and beyond the shave. Really rich thick lather that face lathered wonderfully with the Annbas Boar.
It is still in its breaking in period but it is performing superbly.

A lovely comfortable 2 pass smooth shave.
Enjoy yours! :)
A striking picture Wayne :) P.

Yesterday's SOTD. [emoji846]

97942a1b812c29e41672e92d76129ebd.jpg

I went with a Penhaligon's theme, trying out a couple of products for the first time.

First up was the Bayolea Face Scrub instead of my usual glycerine soap (MR GLO / Wickhams). I can't say that it was the most pleasurable experience, but it did a good enough job.

Next up was the Blenheim Boquet soap. I was very pleasantly surprised by this soap. I was expecting a Trumpers or T&H level of performance (i.e. poor), but it turned out to be an excellent soap that reminds me of Klar in a lot of ways. The Rooney Victorian paired very well with it indeed.

I haven't shaved much over the Christmas period and had 4+ days growth and decided to use the Captain Fawcett's Beard Oil as a pre-shave oil. When I've used it in this role before it has only done a reasonably good (but not brilliant) job when applied to 2-3 days growth.

It seems to come into its own, though, when being used with 3+ days growth as it softens the stubble (resulting in less tugging) as well as providing appropriate skin protection. I've found that dedicated pre-shave / shaving oils don't work as well in this respect.

It's also a great Beard oil as well and does a great job on my goatee.

Onto the Timeless. This razor is a beast. It's as efficient as an ATT H1 and as smooth as a Feather AS-D1. It moved down the stubble on both my face and head with ease.

Finally the Endymion AS Balm. This is the first time I have used this with clear sinuses and it smells amazing. It's a great balm which is up there with the very best.

Have a great New Year guys. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom