SOTD: Saturday 30 December 2023 - Friday 5 January 2024.

SOTD: 30th December 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

(Last Face & Head Shave of 2023.)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I have carried on for with my blade focus using the Gillette Super Blue which was another superb match with the King C. Gillette feeling smooth & efficient enough for the shave. My introduction focus with the King C. Gillette throughout the month has provided me with comfortable acceptable shaves. It's not the most efficient razor I admit, but I consider it to be an excellent introductory razor to someone who is thinking of venturing in to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, as it's design is very forgiving .A great edition to my humble de razor collection of which i will keep adding to my razor rotation in future shaves.

An enjoyable comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the chest and pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 30th December
Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless #7 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - OSP Sandalwood - Superdrug Forest Fresh - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017068-01.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 30-Dec
20231229_154927.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: WK Italian Holiday
Razor: Koraat 14-2.0
Post: WK Italian Holiday AS & ScentUK Leather T (TF Tuscan Leather)

Excellent shave this morning, nice smooth and comfortable run with a very good finish. The Tuscan Leather dupe is decent enough, doesn't last massively long (4-6 hrs then very subtle) but very pleasant.

Back to the shops again today to top up the drink store for the visiting family, oh the joys lol

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

30 December

PAA Solstice
Edwin Jagger Travel
Razorock Hawk
Schick Proline
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

AECE3A47-734B-4C53-B691-AD459648D1E8.jpeg
I’ve complained once or twice recently of synthetic brushes that are lacking in character. That is far from the case with this little EJ travel brush. In use it is stiffer and scritchier than any other synthetic that I own and it gives an impression of an older generation of synthetic knot, a nod to a pure badger knot perhaps?
Anyway in use it created a very good lather with the PAA soap, which was a bit of a surprise and if you didn’t press too hard it wasn’t too scritchy. This is a travel brush with character and ability.
The remainder of the shave with the Hawk was, of course, excellent, close and smooth in two passes.

My shave today comes in cryptic format and hence themed, 'Tales from the cryptic crypt'

Razor
722843_poster.jpg + b-1b-lancer_013.jpg

Blade

nclock-07-00_34014_lg.gif

Brush

Highlander_film_Connor_MacLeod.jpg + klopp-cap-16-9.jpeg

Soap

koganeyu-schemata-architect-sento-public-bath-house-renovation-japan-architecture_dezeen_1704_...jpg + Fidel_Castro_1950s.jpg + benefits-of-lime.jpg

Moisturiser

112.jpg

Scent

International-Hot-and-Spicy-Food-Day-1200x834.jpg + ..........

All I will say is 'boy was it good'

'And the answer from Satan is.......twat'

Life after Lady Baby? The band Rie Kaneko went on to form with her sister after she left Lady Baby for an alternative which didn't involve cross dressing wrestlers. Brats. Enjoy...or don't

Last edited:
  • Gillette Sensor (1990)
  • Omega 10066
  • Creighton's shave cream
  • Bull Dog moisturiser.
Sadly, I have used the last of the Creighton's ultra rich shave cream, and it appears to have been discontinued. Cannot find it anywhere. Damn shame - really good cream, and I have always loved the scent.

View attachment 115078
Home Bargains often have Creightons shave cream in stock.

Saturday 30th December

ABLVV84zFdtoQxhdFXS4zfy4BFSqveAjliEFdUiadz-v6av2q2bic1ONnQyBW7WlC7aFUbSj_rtOvrHooE-qYnfiHL7dshmD9FovF6yhbrmGm04dZQundf_H9dnKbYV5yDiMh9b0mbTDCjqMgjgXgbRDz8dLAQ=w800

Lasheba Ghasshoul Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Yaqi Tachi w/Windrose Darwin (Stainless) Handle & Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (3)
Old Spice Musk for Men (Vintage) Aftershave

Let's crack this blade in half and run it through the Yaqi ...

Smooth, still ... and what would be its third shave (and fourth, being just one half) still performed really well. For a guy who is rarely impressed by a fourth shave with a blade, I reckon this blade would do four without issue, likely five before noticeable drop-off. Very good!

IMG_4070.jpeg
SOTD: 30/12/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild ( Yellow ), 7th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

Back
Top Bottom