SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

SOTD 20180608.

QpGTA0B.jpg

Proraso pre shave cream (sample).
Kwast: M keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad (synth.).
T.O.B.S Lavender shaving cream.
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / custom handle.
Lord Cool (7).
Jan's Splash "Lavender Cashmere".

Friday

Vitos Super Red
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Schick Proline P
Alum
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver after shave

I think this is the first time I've used a Proline in the AC; as opposed to the Professional blade. It works very well; incredibly smooth and 3 trouble-free passes (again, 2 would have done; but why waste that great soap?).

An excellent shave; feeling great and abetted in no small part by the Fresh Vetiver - lovely stuff.

ISaf8HLb_o.jpeg

Vie Long 13061b
Rockwell 6S
Gillette Wilkinson sword (2) / Rapira Swedish Supersteel (1)
Phoenix & Beau Borealis
Nivea 2 Phase & Superdrug Forest Fresh

An odd shave today, I used this blade for the first time on Monday and today it was having it's second use and after two passes I thought something was amiss, it was completely blunt, wasn't cutting at all, not even on my arm. Don't know what could have dulled it, it was justting sitting in its wrapper. Switched it to a Rapira Swedish Supersteel and perfect two passes to be smooth enough.

Aside from the initial duff blade it was a very good shave, maybe not right for the season but the scent on Borealis is wonderful, couldn't resist using it today. A superb lather as to be expected. I can see this soap getting a lot of use come October onwards.

Friday 8th June

Birch Tar Soap
EJ Pre Shave Lotion (sample)
Stirling Texas on Fire Soap
Semogue OC 2012 SE Badger/Boar Brush
Ming Shi 2000S Razor (3, 4, 5) with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Williams Aqua Velva AS
Al Rehab Oudy EDP

3 passes for a perfect shave:)

I hope I haven't tempted fate too much by completely changing my usual pre night duty shave.....but at this moment in time I feel chilled and ready for the rest of the day!

SOTD: 7th June 2018.

View attachment 36145

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol.

Blade: Perma-Sharp .(4)

Razor: Muhle R89 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,Lime+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol A/S .

Greetings,

Birthday shave...And the start of a extended long weekend away from the mill...Sheer bliss.;)

The shave setup for my special day i've chosen some of my favourite shaving products in my den since i started traditional shaving...Instead of my usual face lathering, i used my bowl instead, which created a wonderful thick protective lather in no time.

The Muhle R89,will always be a firm favourite of mine,a hard choice considering i have near equally favourite DE razors, but the R89 shines the brightest,and a close joint second are the Merkur 34C,37C &39C...+ my newly aquired Parker Variant. What ever blade i've paired these razors up with i've always had a comfortable dfs..

The Perma-sharp on it's 4th use, matched up together wonderfully, making my birthday shave a very pleasurable experience..

A very comfortable close 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol A/S.;)

The star performer of all my shaves this week has been the Perma sharp blade,However, i won't be taken it to it's 5th shave, even though it would probably still perform with smooth sharpness...I may test the longvidity of other blades in the future shaves...

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.

I'm now going to enjoy the rest of the day, spending it with family & friends, and catching up on some well earned rest...us old codgers do need to take it easy once in a while..It's time to fill the zimmer with some nitro and burn some rubber!:D

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen...I'm certainly going to enjoy mine.Regards. B.:cool:
Happy birthday!

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: APR Ozymandias
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Super Iridium (2)
Scent: APR Ozymandias

Three passes and a few touch-ups for a BBS result. Another fantastic lather from the new APR soap base.
The Ozymandias scent is really nice - beautifully blended. I love the soft white musk and subtle wood notes.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Eufros Rosa Bourbon
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Astra SP

IMG_20180608_155517.jpg
First use of the Eufros Rosa Bourbon and it provided wonderful slick lather for the R41 to do its stuff.
The scent although not oversweet like the Rose of Bulgaria Cream will take a bit of getting used to.
A great end to a long week.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Back
Top Bottom