Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Supermax Classic Shaving Cream
Omega S10018 Shaving Brush
Turkish Copper Shaving Bowl
Parker Variant Razor (3) with a Rapira Stainless Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Brut Original Splash

On a long day today....so it was a quick shave this morning. 3 passes with the Variant for yet another fantastic shave.

This has been an interesting week with the Parker Variant. I needed the first shave to find the 'sweet spot'. I have used it at the most aggressive setting and am now working my way downwards to test efficiency v aggression and it has never failed to deliver an excellent shave.
I am getting married in August and had planned to have a Straight Shave on my Wedding Day. Things have now changed....and currently my 'weapon of choice' will be the Parker Variant...it's that good!

Pre: Glyce Lime
Soap: Palmolive Shave Stick
Razor: The Personal Barber
Blade Trig Stainless Silver
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Post: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm and lotion

A good shave today, only two passes across and with the grain. Close enough for tonight, will tidy tomorrow if needs be. A slight nick on the chin but it stopped with see Alum.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

20180607_204330-jpg.30381

REX Ambassador
Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Zenith Manchurian
D.R. Harris Arlington
Thayers witch hazel
Fine Italian Citrus aftershave

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Birch Tar Soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra classic
Blade ~ Proline P-30
Soap ~ Stirling - Texas On Fire
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler- Pure Havane edt

I have just about come to the end of this wonderful soap but no matter, I have another in the post! :)
This brush just keeps getting better with each use and my love affair with this razor is getting stronger the more I use it! :)
A perfect shave.

Have a nice day people. P.

Last edited:
View attachment 36184 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Birch Tar Soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra classic
Blade ~ Proline P-30
Soap ~ Stirling - Texas On Fire
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler- Pure Havane edt

I have just about come to the end of this wonderful soap but no matter, I have another in the post! :)
This brush just keeps getting better with each use and my love affair with this razor is also getting stronger with each use!
A perfect shave.

Have a nice day people. P.

I know what you mean about Texas on Fire, I like the soap but I have so many other soaps that my Texas on Fire still is 90% full.
The brush looks beautiful but boar brushes and I don't get on, I moved to synthetics about 6 months ago and it seems they are the type of brushes for me.

The Cobra Classic, I've never shaved with one but I like the look of it so much that I'd buy one if I could find one.

I think I fancy some Texas on Fire for today's shave ;)

Thank you for the lovely picture Paul.

Friday (and following Monday) off work to go up to the Lakes for a few days. Nothing more relaxing than a shave on a day off!

New blade Gillette 7 o'clock in my favourite razor, Timeless Bronze OC. Since starting shaving properly at the back end of last year I'm finding more and more that this blade and the Astra SP are definitely for me!

16e2cfff97768928ab6f6fd6c288ed22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday 7th June

Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Soap
RazoRock 400
Merkur Futur (Satin Finish) 2 WTG 1 ATG
Astra SP (1)
L'oreal Hydra Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Dunhill Fresh ASL

I sliced off the top of a pimple in the 'tache area that didn't want to stop bleeding for a while. Otherwise a good close shave.
While shaving the bathroom door was open and as the Mrs passed the doorway she took a sniff and said "I'm sure I smell Parma Violet's"
"Can you?" I asked !
She went on with her business without another word being said !
Dunhill Fresh Aftershave to finish. It's a good scent for the summer time this one and it performs well too.

I know what you mean about Texas on Fire, I like the soap but I have so many other soaps that my Texas on Fire still is 90% full.
The brush looks beautiful but boar brushes and I don't get on, I moved to synthetics about 6 months ago and it seems they are the type of brushes for me.

The Cobra Classic, I've never shaved with one but I like the look of it so much that I'd buy one if I could find one.

I think I fancy some Texas on Fire for today's shave ;)

Thank you for the lovely picture Paul.
thank you for your words kind sir :) P.

Back
Top Bottom