SOTD: Saturday 29th February to Friday 6th March of 2020

Monday 2nd March

Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal in Finest - Signature Soaps Valentia - PAL Injectomatic/Proline B - Elite Gentleman EDT

A couple of firsts this evening.

My first shave with this Injectomatic (@Scotshave ) and my first with this flavour of Signature Soaps. (@BrianH).....very nice indeed!
3 passes for a perfect finish:)
Glad you liked it
Regards Brian

BF7A5841-F3F3-415D-9F30-F9EDDA7D9C25.jpeg
Prep: Bath
Pre: Proraso Red
Soap: MWF
Brush: Big Jock Silver Tip
Razor/Blade: Merkur Progress/Gillette Winner (1)
ASL: Tabac
ASB:1912 classic

Near BBS 3 pass shave this morning using the very inexpensive Gillette Winner for the first time. No irritation at all with this blade and no feedback from either the alum nor the ASL/ASB.

Tue 3rd Mar.

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Tabac Soap
Alu General / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

From the off I have never liked the light stock handle of the Alu. General, which I passed on to a friend. I have experimented with a wide variety of S/S Handles with varying degrees of success. However, today well prepped with an excellent Tabac Lather the Razor/ Handle combo was excellent, felt so smooth and comfortable and the Shave was extremely pleasant. Actually got a better finish around the awkward neck areas than normal so really pleased.

IMG_0584.jpg

03/03/2020
Tabac Tuesday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious 24mm
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Tony'schin's Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original splash & EDC

Wk10 (4).JPG

Shaving doesn't get much better than that, The General Fitted with a Fresh Feather pro and 2 silky smooth passes for a perfect finish.
Feeling and smelling really good.
Enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Tue 3.3.20 on d road again SOTD,
Cream SuperMax Lime
Bowl Green Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Gillette Red Tip 1st Use
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SS 3rd
Postshave Alum + Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Old Spice Lime
Working the brush in the bowl is super easy to whip up a creamy thick lather. Not much of a scent. Slickness acceptable. Shave with newly acquired red tip paired with blade was really smooth....was initially amazed until I nicked a bump during atg on 2nd pass. Total 3+1pass. Wtg, xtg/atg, atg/xtg and pickup. 2 weepers. Result just DFS and rating just 8/10 today.
20200303_063540.jpg
20200303_064915.jpg

S0TD-3-3-20.jpg

Sotd - yesterday - Monday the 2nd of March

Prep - Facial scrub
razor - Ikon 101 Shavecraft on a Rockwell ss handle
blade - Sputnik (1)
brush - Chubby 1 - best
soap - Vitos - Supercrema - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus locion
balm - Nivea sensitive.

Result - not so good. I didn't need to shave last night but after Sunday's stellar effort - I thought to tidy up with a good economy shave - every bit of the setup and software worked for me - apart from the razor. I hadn't used it in a while - and now I remember why - if you are not familiar with the 101 head - one side is a closed comb and the other an open - counter intuitively - the open is supposed to be milder that the closed - I've never been able to tell any difference - both are equally poor for me. A razor design that doesn't know what it is for - and suffers from the fact - neither one thing nor the other - Ikon have made changes maintaining the design concept subsequently but I'm not going to spend my money finding out if they are any better - in my experience - they have made some modern classics - I would never give up my 103 slant - but the 101 isn't among them. It might be your favourite razor - who knows - each to their own - but it isn't mine. It hasn't worked properly with any blade I have tried in it - maybe - time for a good hard talking to and the threat of bst if it doesn't buck up its ideas - not sure that would help - anyway - hope your shaves are better than that - yours all - I.

Tuesday AM 2020-03-03

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Titanium II/UFO Little Titan
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

Today's great shave was similar in some ways to yesterday's with the 17-4/UFO Colibri, but also quite different in character. Both got me quickly to where I wanted to be, but yesterday's was a smooth Ferrari while today's was a growling hot rod. The final comparison shave tomorrow will feature the 17-4 with a large UFO Goliath handle.
mUSOjHO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom