SOTD : Saturday 28th April - Friday 4th May 2018.

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
upload_2018-4-30_7-47-30.jpeg

The Wilkinson Sword Classic just works, and I'm so glad that it was my chosen entry to DE shaving. If I'd have started with one of the Indian or Chinese Gillette Techs I think I'd have been back on the cartridges before the week was out.

The brush is night and day with my Omega synthetic. Definitely different, but I'm not yet ready to call it better: There's a bit more scritch, and it needs a lot more care and attention (and cream, and water). Looks a lot better, though (YMMV).

Happy shaving, peeps.

Sun 29th April

Omega 11126
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

The best thing about yesterday was the Shave. The Razor /Blade combo was really good and with no effort or problems attained a super close all round finish.
Spent the best part of six hours in what was a bitter cold wind at a Track and Field meeting, trying to time Athletes battling unbelievable winds. Was not fun standing for hours on a metal judges
stand, my legs seized up so it was a hard walk back to the car.

IMG_0349.jpg

Soap: Lea crema de afeitar
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: merkur progress on setting 2.5
Blade: rapira swedish supersteel
Aftershave: Lea balsamo

Nice shave this morning. Lea cream is very good product nice fresh summer scent. First use of rapira swedish supersteel. Excellent blade, sharp enough to glide through whiskers and smoothness is maybe among the best I experienced so far.
d2bd380974ea7490eb5ab68f91c364d5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 14846 Badger/Horse
Cream: Wilkinson Sword
Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180430_093921.jpg
A very nice start to the week indeed. The G-Bar gets better each time I use it and the WS cream does a pretty good impersonation of a soap.
Happy Shaving one and all.

~ SOTD Monday 30th April 2018 ~

Pre
- Shower with Speick Natural Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur Progress 510
Blade - Perma Sharp Super (3)
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Cream - Speick Men Shaving Cream
Post - Rinse / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Speick Men Aftershave Lotion
tuxpi.com.1525086203.jpg
great 3 pass shave today first time using this cream I really like the speick shave stick and wanted to try the cream I'm glad I did its excellent stuff very slick and thick protective lather with a nice mild scent ....... Good Day :) ........

Monday 30th April

Olive Oil Soap
St James of London Mandarin and Patchouli Preshave Oil
NSS Neroli Hard Soap
New Forest Tubby2 2 Band Badger Brush
Yaqi 'Charcoal' Razor with a Wilkinson Sword (UK) Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Murray & Lanman Florida Water

A Post Night Duty shave after a sleep cut short by the shenanigans of an eight week old puppy and a neighbour who decided to drill into a wall close to my bedroom window:(

This was the first use of my Yaqi 'Charcoal' Razor. Fit and finish were second to none. The razor is very efficient with an aggressiveness (in my opinion) approximating at least a 3 on my Futur. I could have stopped with 2 passes but continued with a third. The only downside was the slickness/protection from the soap. This one is a few years old and doesn't seem to offer the same slickness as the current Traditional (Tallow ) range. The shave however did pass the Alum test and I finished with a 3 pass BBS Shave:)

Back
Top Bottom