SOTD: Saturday 28 October - Friday 3 November 2023.

Saturday 28th October

ADCreHdJuwD1I6rZbTBqoDFeY_DeS5GBRcxcPENBCjIS9a6jeB58Iii6TQsW2rhRkRqs0W8filQd0f4by8msywoW7NfKvHtSs5Uyq-XTKXmOCZ9cNyFv09PJzcfUI2AicO2NrVur0jwaj_XAVyQ25pnOTzFQVw=w800

Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Shaving Stick & Vie-Long Amphora w/Cashmere Synthetic 26mm
Leaf Twig & Shark Stainless (1)
Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Aftershave

One for the vintage buffs ...

Lather and splash from yesteryear with a modern razor and blade.

Every time I use a Shark I load it thinking, "it's not the best" but it always delivers a really enjoyable shave that seems to fit my face. It's not as sharp as, say, the Racers or as refined as the mainstream Lord brand nor as smooth as its chrome counterpart, but the Shark stainless is certainly regulation sharp and delivers a close shave in one pass with minor touch-ups (assisted by the awesome residual slickness of the Yardley soap) for a shave that I'd call "damn good!". In many respects, it puts me in mind of the very plebian SuperMax Stainless in the burgundy packaging.

Nothing special, but it exceeds expectation every time.

... and that's why I keep a stash of Sharks in. I just need to use 'em more often so I don't need to remind myself.

SOTD 28 October 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash and Gentlemans Groom Pre-shave Prep Plus
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Boonana.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Blackland Tradere (SB).
Blade: Astra Green (4).
Post: Cold water splash, Aloe Vera, and Southern Witchcrafts Boonana Aftershave Splash.
A lovely 2 pass shave WTG and XTG - DFS+/BBS- finish. The Blackland Tradere is joyous, with the lightest of touches it is effortless and silky smooth.

The Southern Witchcrafts Boonana soap is good, and the post shave feel and scent is amazing - spicy, banana, clove - which is complemented very well by the Aftershave splash. SWMBO was impressed. It reminds me of McEwan's 80' Shilling.

IMG_0099.jpg

Its been a while since I have posted - combination of work and caring for/worrying about my elderly mum - the daily wet shave is an oasis which keeps me grounded, sane with a little luxury thrown in. All said, when I reflect on what is going on close to home (flooding) and overseas, I am blessed.

Hope everyone is good and doing well,

Chris

SOTD Saturday 28th October 2023
IMG_0195.jpeg
Pre - shower, Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Clubman Pinaud symthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Treet Platinum (2)

Post - cold wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

A fine Saturday night shave. Neat and smooth 2 + tidy passes. I really like these Treets with the 34c, no drama, no alum sting, nowt, just smooth!

And it’s goodnight from me…
IMG_0159.jpeg
…and goodnight from her

SOTD: 29th October 2023.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've last added the Monsavon Au Lait soap to my shave set ups, and forgot how good it performs, it's slick protective and doesn't dry out and leaves my mature skin feel hydrated and smooth.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor - Titan
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (4)
Brush: Muhle - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

As mentioned before by some of the other passaround participants I can too confirm this razor tilts the scale to the aggressive side. My daily driver is a Muhle R89 and it does everything I want it to. Saying that I enjoy a Rockwell 6s on a 5 and even 6 plate.
With the Titan you know exactly where you as it does provide good blade feel. After a few shaves I can now say that two passes and some pick-ups is all I need for a very good result. I was not left with sore skin yet. Will try a Nacet next as it's a bit sharper and see how that goes. All in all a very comfortable and efficient razor.

Titan 3.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD: 29/10/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice Sunday!

29/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 44 (2).jpg
A wonderful 2 pass shave today for an easy no error BBS finish.
I checked my technique with an Alum rub today, which gave me a little fleeting indication here and there, i am very happy with that.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD 28 October 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash and Gentlemans Groom Pre-shave Prep Plus
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Boonana.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Blackland Tradere (SB).
Blade: Astra Green (4).
Post: Cold water splash, Aloe Vera, and Southern Witchcrafts Boonana Aftershave Splash.
A lovely 2 pass shave WTG and XTG - DFS+/BBS- finish. The Blackland Tradere is joyous, with the lightest of touches it is effortless and silky smooth.

The Southern Witchcrafts Boonana soap is good, and the post shave feel and scent is amazing - spicy, banana, clove - which is complemented very well by the Aftershave splash. SWMBO was impressed. It reminds me of McEwan's 80' Shilling.

View attachment 112803

Its been a while since I have posted - combination of work and caring for/worrying about my elderly mum - the daily wet shave is an oasis which keeps me grounded, sane with a little luxury thrown in. All said, when I reflect on what is going on close to home (flooding) and overseas, I am blessed.

Hope everyone is good and doing well,

Chris
Good to see you about C. - my best regards and look after yourself too. - I.

Sun 29th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 5 )

Have an early Hospital visit tomorrow, so to make Shave easier had one today. To get rid of sore areas of skin I applied some Arko Classic Yagli cream yesterday which worked well. I played safe today using the ever reliable Vitos soap, which provided a super Lather
for The Hawk to deliver a very comfortable Shave with a nice finish.

B64EDD2B-6585-4FB9-AF72-3F259FABB610.jpeg

SOTD 29-Oct
20231029_093433.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Friodur 17

Lovely shave this morning, no plans this morning so able to take my time. Rewarded with a great finish.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a chilled Sunday, I'll be trying myself but it's tough dealing with a SA other half who really enjoys gloating.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom