SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

Thank you very much Kevin.

Yes I spent the majority of my Friday night polishing razors taking particular attention to the MMOC and the Clogpruf. :rolleyes:
I know I need to get a life. (Well that's what my wife said anyway :cool:) but I find it very therapeutic and furthermore if she realised how much this hardware cost she would do the same. :D

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend mate. :)
I do the same Wayne and you're right it is therapeutic and we both need to get a life :p
We could have worse hobbies :)
You too mate.
Edit: Worse hobbies?
Some might find it strange that we find lumps of brass, wood and animal fur the makings of a good photo :p

Last edited:
Date: 28 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor:- Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

WOW!! The Rockwell R5 base plate is the smoothest shave without any razor burn and irritation using the Gillette Nacet, if you guys own a Rockwell razor start using the base plate #R5 along with Gillette Nacet throughout your whole shave is absolutely amazing.

giphy.gif

Sat Shave

Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade Cream
Mongoose B3-satin
Kai Captain Pink [ 6 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Another Mongoose Shave today, some inner voice convinced me despite having one I must
try a polished one. I should not have listened as I find it too blingy for me, and feel guilty if I do not strip it and polish it after every Shave.

Anyway, I do not notice any great difference in the way they Shave. I do get great Shaves from the Mongoose, as I really have managed so far to use the weight to do the work and avoid using any pressure. Today was no different a very smooth and comfortable Shave, though I feel the blade might be on the wane.

IMG_0197.jpg

Sat Shave

Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade Cream
Mongoose B3-satin
Kai Captain Pink [ 6 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Another Mongoose Shave today, some inner voice convinced me despite having one I must
try a polished one. I should not have listened as I find it too blingy for me, and feel guilty if I do not strip it and polish it after every Shave.

Anyway, I do not notice any great difference in the way they Shave. I do get great Shaves from the Mongoose, as I really have managed so far to use the weight to do the work and avoid using any pressure. Today was no different a very smooth and comfortable Shave, though I feel the blade might be on the wane.

View attachment 32901
Good morning Mike, I was after getting the polished version of the Sabre with the both plates, I know it's escentualy the same razor that I already have but its shiny!!! How do I say no to that inner voice? :) P.

SOTD: January 2018.
+j 10.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Arko Shave Stick.(disk)

Blade: Voskhod.(2)

Razor: Lord L125.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Boots ~Moisturising Lotion.

Brut~Attraction Totale A/S .

Greetings,

A nice relaxing 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

It's always a pleasure to use the Lord L125 razor, another wonderful non-aggressive, but fairly efficient razor which was kindly passed on to me by a work mate last year,each time i've shaved with it, the performance and shaving results have been excellent.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut~ Attraction Totale A/S.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Good morning Mike, I was after getting the polished version of the Sabre with the both plates, I know it's escentualy the same razor that I already have but its shiny!!! How do I say no to that inner voice? :) P.
Hi Paul,
With the vast array of Razors that you have, try and work out how many times you will actually use it. Also once you have two, you must realise that you will probably sell one at a loss- hopefully if it is a L2 - to me:).

Have a Good Sunday- Mike

Hi Paul,
With the vast array of Razors that you have, try and work out how many times you will actually use it. Also once you have two, you must realise that you will probably sell one at a loss- hopefully if it is a L2 - to me:).

Have a Good Sunday- Mike
Ha, you can live in hope Mike :)
Enjoy your Sunday P.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: WDC-8, 24mm 2BF
Soap: TOBS Jermyn St
Razor: Brass General
Blade: Feather Pro Super
IMG_20180128_104732.jpg
The stubble got well and truly brassed off today.
Many thanks to our very own @semperfi45 for supplying me with this wonderful handle.
The man's a craftsman don't you know?

Back
Top Bottom