SOTD : Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2019

And for today my themed shave was 'Five and the great garden bench mystery'

I have run out of excuses for my non-punctual SOTD's and being true to tradition this was last night's SOTD, but gardens, Mrs SF, wine, cognac.............etc etc etc

Five on a treasure island - Cobra
Five have plenty of fun - Kai Captain But thereare only three of us
Five have a wonderful time - RazoRock 400 in black
Five get in to a fix - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Five run away together - Alvarez Gomaz Magnolia Blanca
Five and the great garden bench mystery - The garden bench

First and foremost a very big thanks to @Barry Giddens for the exceptionally kind loan of the Cobra. And at the same time a very big 'Boooo' to @Barry Giddens as this very kind loan is going to cost me big time at some point!

Ever since discovering the wonderful world of SE's I have been trying to find something to sit next to the General and worthy of sharing the same space. The OneBlade comes close but it is quite an oddity and it has one in too many frames of mind. A Marmite product if ever. The Mongoose aluminium has greatness in mind, but I am not so sure about the quality of the actual product and it doesn't have that 'smooth operator' edge about it. Carves several days of growth with consummate ease and delivers too many weepers at the same time. The ATT SE1 I think I could live with but it would have to be the stainless version as the aluminium doesn't carry enough weight for me.

Bring on what my shaving cabinet has been yearning for and bring on the Cobra.

From the off this razor makes a statement of quality and I do love the slimline profile of the head. I was a bit unsure about the blade clamping arrangement at first but it was soon to prove itself adequate, and very simple to use. In this manner it is similar to the OB in that one does question blade security but soon dispelled and I wouldn't be surprised that again similar to the OB this is a deliberate part of the design.

Again I am down the road of a cold water shave and at this moment I just don't see me going back to hot water shaving.......until the Winter sets in I guess. So in with a cream I know delivers and another loan of a blade from the General and in we go. From the very first stroke I am already getting the feeling this Cobra has real 'Wow!' factor. First pass and do I really need to go any further being as the results are quite astounding. Of course I do. New toy syndrome. Second no hassle and the third just delivering perfection. The only bit of small criticism I could think of is I found it a little awkward with the handle making an ATG on my lower neck. This is only due to me having to adapt a little and get used to the razor. The OneBlade throws up a similar issue due its quirky handle.

The most important factor being the final destination and I have arrived shaven in a most wonderfully smooth manner and feeling like I've just been shaved by an angel. In fact as smooth as a Cherub's bottom. It is most definitely up there with the Colonial and it really is something quite special. My biggest problem now being 'I want one' and I am having to start thinking Christmas in July. Plus of course I understand they are one of those unobtainable items in life.

Still I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to trial a Cobra and yup, those of you who throw praise and worship at them are very understandable folk.

The Alvarez Gomez Magnolia Blanca was a nice cheap purchase from ESC and a very delightful light summery scent. £12 well spent

So where does 'the great garden bench mystery' fit in to all this? It doesn't but what I want to know who the bloody hell cut about one and half inches off one of the legs? Spent Thursday and Friday making the garden all nice and ready for this great British summer ( Uh?), put the garden bench back in to place and bugger me one of the legs is shorter than all the others. Even Enid Blyton's Famous Five couldn't resolve this one.

20190726_183836.jpg

Of course an easy fix but we will eventually arrive at sitting on the decking. So come on forward the person who stole my bench leg?

Make the best of this wonderful weather dodging the rain and welcome to our lovely summer

Ah well knackered seats aside we still have Band Maid to make life look better

And for today my themed shave was 'Five and the great garden bench mystery'

View attachment 45971

I have run out of excuses for my non-punctual SOTD's and being true to tradition this was last night's SOTD, but gardens, Mrs SF, wine, cognac.............etc etc etc

Five on a treasure island - Cobra
Five have plenty of fun - Kai Captain But thereare only three of us
Five have a wonderful time - RazoRock 400 in black
Five get in to a fix - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Five run away together - Alvarez Gomaz Magnolia Blanca
Five and the great garden bench mystery - The garden bench

First and foremost a very big thanks to @Barry Giddens for the exceptionally kind loan of the Cobra. And at the same time a very big 'Boooo' to @Barry Giddens as this very kind loan is going to cost me big time at some point!

Ever since discovering the wonderful world of SE's I have been trying to find something to sit next to the General and worthy of sharing the same space. The OneBlade comes close but it is quite an oddity and it has one in too many frames of mind. A Marmite product if ever. The Mongoose aluminium has greatness in mind, but I am not so sure about the quality of the actual product and it doesn't have that 'smooth operator' edge about it. Carves several days of growth with consummate ease and delivers too many weepers at the same time. The ATT SE1 I think I could live with but it would have to be the stainless version as the aluminium doesn't carry enough weight for me.

Bring on what my shaving cabinet has been yearning for and bring on the Cobra.

From the off this razor makes a statement of quality and I do love the slimline profile of the head. I was a bit unsure about the blade clamping arrangement at first but it was soon to prove itself adequate, and very simple to use. In this manner it is similar to the OB in that one does question blade security but soon dispelled and I wouldn't be surprised that again similar to the OB this is a deliberate part of the design.

Again I am down the road of a cold water shave and at this moment I just don't see me going back to hot water shaving.......until the Winter sets in I guess. So in with a cream I know delivers and another loan of a blade from the General and in we go. From the very first stroke I am already getting the feeling this Cobra has real 'Wow!' factor. First pass and do I really need to go any further being as the results are quite astounding. Of course I do. New toy syndrome. Second no hassle and the third just delivering perfection. The only bit of small criticism I could think of is I found it a little awkward with the handle making an ATG on my lower neck. This is only due to me having to adapt a little and get used to the razor. The OneBlade throws up a similar issue due its quirky handle.

The most important factor being the final destination and I have arrived shaven in a most wonderfully smooth manner and feeling like I've just been shaved by an angel. In fact as smooth as a Cherub's bottom. It is most definitely up there with the Colonial and it really is something quite special. My biggest problem now being 'I want one' and I am having to start thinking Christmas in July. Plus of course I understand they are one of those unobtainable items in life.

Still I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to trial a Cobra and yup, those of you who throw praise and worship at them are very understandable folk.

The Alvarez Gomez Magnolia Blanca was a nice cheap purchase from ESC and a very delightful light summery scent. £12 well spent

So where does 'the great garden bench mystery' fit in to all this? It doesn't but what I want to know who the bloody hell cut about one and half inches off one of the legs? Spent Thursday and Friday making the garden all nice and ready for this great British summer ( Uh?), put the garden bench back in to place and bugger me one of the legs is shorter than all the others. Even Enid Blyton's Famous Five couldn't resolve this one.

View attachment 45972

Of course an easy fix but we will eventually arrive at sitting on the decking. So come on forward the person who stole my bench leg?

Make the best of this wonderful weather dodging the rain and welcome to our lovely summer

Ah well knackered seats aside we still have Band Maid to make life look better

Excellent review Chris and very entertaining as always. Thanks for the mention, but you can't keep it. Sorry mate.

Saturday AM 2019-07-27

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Pacifica Sandalwood perfume
Timeless Polished Titanium/UFO Titan Fine
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Floris Santal aftershave
ulX6oMq.jpg

SOTD : 28th JULY 2018.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Bristle.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap / Super-Max Classic Lather Shave Cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword (Saloon Pack) .(2)

Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face & Head rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

:Face & Head Shave:

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

The yaqi doc head /schmidt r10 handle, is a wonderful frankenrazor, the appearance of the head makes it looks very aggressive but it's the complete opposite but paired together with the right blade choice it's smoothly efficient.

The gillette wilkinson sword blade matched up superbly with the frankenrazor, showing no signs of tugging throughout both my face & head shave.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom