SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

What razor is it, looks interesting .

It's a "Neo" brand. Made in Germany, and I think some of the other models (8 in total) were made in Italy, 1937-195?. This is the "Neo Lux" model. I bought one before, an obscene amount in an eBay auction, from the USA, but the guy hadn't hit the "international shipping" option, so cancelled the sale. Often called a "slant" I tend to think of it as a "Tilt" (I got so desperate for one, I've made a wee gadget that can turn any razor head + handle into a tilt model, but it's lost in the bedlam of my spare room).
http://www.collectorsencyclopedia.com/dettaglio.asp?IdProd=0452

Wednesday 31st
De Vergulde Hand (Mentholated)
Zenith TS506 Synth (Bowl Lathered)
Gillette HD Rocket
Rapira Swedish Super steel #2
Alum > Alcolado Glacial Splash
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
Al Rehab - Dakar EDP
IMG_20160830_133600e.jpg

Really enjoyable 'cool' 3 pass with the HD 'Dolphin smooth', unlike my Blue Nose Friend 'Scuba'

What made it one of the best shaves you have ever had? The soap, the razor, your general mood today or a mixture of all of those things?
I really don't know! Probably a combination of all the things you mentioned. Everything I used just performed really really well. I could probably use the exact same set-up for the next shave and get a different shave! That's what I love about this hobby, always expect the unexpected! Lol!

I really don't know! Probably a combination of all the things you mentioned. Everything I used just performed really really well. I could probably use the exact same set-up for the next shave and get a different shave! That's what I love about this hobby, always expect the unexpected! Lol!
Thank you Kevy, a very good a answer, if they was always fantastic shaves it may get a little boring . I shall write that on my mirror ..Always expect the unexpected!

Wednesday AM 2016-08-31

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Finest (26mm/60mm)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/LASSC BBS-1 (Wolfman)
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (9)
Ralph Lauren Polo Green aftershave

This brush feels very soft, much like a vintage Plisson HMW, but it lathered the great old Floris soap beautifully. The razor head, handle and blade combination worked very well indeed.
sFhHTtQ.jpg

Last edited:
In space no-one can hear you shave!

This afternoon's shave took me to the outer limits of Earth's orbit in celebration of Voskhod:
  • Pre-shave warm water + Glyce soap wash
  • Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave - SOL of being Latin for Sun (a bit thin?)
  • Phoenix & Beau Solaris - self explanatory really
  • The Duke - I'm sure one of the US astronauts had a horse called Duke:rolleyes:
  • EJDE89/Braveheart hybrid + Voskhod - of course!
  • Warm water Coal Tar soap wash and rinse - Coal tar was Russia's prime anti-radiation product
  • Cold water splash + alum + rinse + dry
  • Fine American Blend AS - OK, so Voskhod was Russian but the USA won the space race!
  • Nivea for Men Cooling Sensitive balm - couldn't tell any difference from the normal stuff (still good though)
shave 2.jpg

And yes...that really is me in outer space! Amazing how much Voskhod rockets looked like large styptic pencils, and notice how P&B stole the design for their Solaris sample pots from the actual Sun. (BTW I promise that those stars are real too...they definitely are not mini torches I used to create reflection flares)...have a fine evening all!

(PS...if you look very carefully you can just see a flying saucer trying to escape from the shot in the bottom left hand edge of the pic)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom