SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

TQEBo5gh.jpg

Another warm day here in Cheshire & I reached for Dior Homme before heading out. Sorry coworkers!

An unbelievable shave from this razor - my first - once I learned when to shave sideways and when not to, it gives amazing shave (I got a couple of "this is your last warning" swipes - y'know, when you feel the blade cut your face, but it doesn't cut your face). I was able to clear a patch on my neck that so far I've only ever been able to get with a straight razor, I cleared under my lip & chin as smooth as a cue ball with no irritation, and I was able in places to go against the grain, something I never do:-
la final.png

Seygusrazor+Rapira Swedish Steel
Vielong pure edge oldie
Valobra stick
Alvarez Gomez Barberia Balm

My holidays equipment. It lacks La Toja stick that I bought here (Alicante), but I don't use it more than Valobra, which I prefer the most as travelling soap. Unfortunetely the hard water here bans a good foam and the stick just give me a thick cream layer. Enough protection for this super smooth razor.
060d49555e53caa338bd92d1c6dbd427.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Greetings

Wednesday 31st August 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: L'Essor
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Muhle Synthetic XL
Cream: Simpsons Luxury
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm
EDT: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

I have been away for ten days and have shaved each day with this same razor and blade and had just wonderful shaves. This mornings shave is no different, other than the stark contrast between my hard water and that where I was 'down south'.

Regards
Dick.

P1010772.JPG

An unbelievable shave from this razor - my first - once I learned when to shave sideways and when not to, it gives amazing shave (I got a couple of "this is your last warning" swipes - y'know, when you feel the blade cut your face, but it doesn't cut your face). I was able to clear a patch on my neck that so far I've only ever been able to get with a straight razor, I cleared under my lip & chin as smooth as a cue ball with no irritation, and I was able in places to go against the grain, something I never do:-
View attachment 20452
What razor is it, looks interesting .

image.jpg SOTD Wednesday 31st August 2016. Good morning Shaving Room.

Prep..shower
Pre..bloom water
Razor..Hone type 15a
Blade..Astra SP
Brush..omega pro boar
Soap..OSP spice road
Post..Thayers AF WH
AS..Tabac

Three pass shave W, X, A the grain, a very good shave with this razor, left feeling as smooth as I would like.
Finnished with splash of witch hazel followed by a spray of tabac aftershave.

See full first day review in reviews section.
Have a great day Over and out .

Last edited:
Seygusrazor+Rapira Swedish Steel
Vielong pure edge oldie
Valobra stick
Alvarez Gomez Barberia Balm

My holidays equipment. It lacks La Toja stick that I bought here (Alicante), but I don't use it more than Valobra, which I prefer the most as travelling soap. Unfortunetely the hard water here bans a good foam and the stick just give me a thick cream layer. Enough protection for this super smooth razor.
060d49555e53caa338bd92d1c6dbd427.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
Hope you are enjoying your hols

Greetings

Wednesday 31st August 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: L'Essor
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Muhle Synthetic XL
Cream: Simpsons Luxury
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm
EDT: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

I have been away for ten days and have shaved each day with this same razor and blade and had just wonderful shaves. This mornings shave is no different, other than the stark contrast between my hard water and that where I was 'down south'.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 20454
Good to see you back on here Dick

Back
Top Bottom