Proraso White Preshave cream
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Clubman Pinaud Synthetic Brush

Razorine
Voskhod (4)

Osma Alum Block
Boots Bay Rum (used as AS)
Neals Yard ASB

Not the greatest shave but probably not got the technique with the Razorine spot on yet.

Sunday 28th April 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush:- Stirling Shaving Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- OSP Orange and Patchouli soap
Razor/Blade:- OneBlade Genesis / Feather SE Hi-Stainless (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / OSP Orange and Patchouli aftershave / Bart's Cinnamon and Patchy balm

dd56863eab0b4f223c96eb4d61e17fca.jpg

2nd shave with the Genesis razor. Simple....and maybe already getting boring.

Pros - really easy to use. Great finish - BBS. No irritation.

Cons - too easy to use. Blade is on its last legs after only 2 three pass shaves. Feels like your shaving with a cartridge.

I can see this becoming a razor that I use when I'm going out (for a special occasion). Hassle free and good results.

The downside is it really isn't an engaging shave when using this razor. Dare I say it.....it's boring. Plus the blades seem quite expensive, especially if I can only get 2 shaves out of them (though the prices really vary - it's clear you're expected to buy them is large numbers!).

However....this was an easy shave with good results. I'll try the blade for a 3rd outing but I'm confident it's almost done.

Have a great Sunday folks! [emoji1303]

28/4/19

Soap - Vitos Green
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Black Barbershop Handle
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette India WS (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

My experiences with the GWS India had been solid but never exceptional until today when it's pairing with the Yaqi DOC formed one of the better combinations I've come across as it was exceptionally smooth and very efficient; an unexpected successful outcome.

28/4/19

Soap - Vitos Green
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Black Barbershop Handle
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette India WS (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

My experiences with the GWS India had been solid but never exceptional until today when it's pairing with the Yaqi DOC formed one of the better combinations I've come across as it was exceptionally smooth and very efficient; an unexpected successful outcome.
That Yaqi DOC is a great razor. I bought it on a whim with a Yaqi brush but I've been really impressed with it so far

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

28/04/19
Screenshot_20190428-130933~2.png

Pre: Nuage Menthol Oil
Brush: Culmak plus (1950)
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: ER 1912 Bathroom set 1950's
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with Lemon & Lime, Cedarwood, Arabian Musk oil
Balm: Muhle Aloe Vera Sample
A/S: Epsilon Blue Med Sample

Today I decided to Use the NOS 1912 Bathroom set razor picked up for a song on eBay. Along with some samples and shave oil from @RussellR5555 (thanks again Russ).
The shave went really well, a good hot face wash to soften up what was there, a couple of sprays of the Nuage Pre shave oil, a nice face lather from the OSP & Vintage Culmak, it is s really nice brush, soft but with strength and feels great lathering on your face.
A non eventful 2 pass shave WTG & ATG with touch up. Nothing from the alum block to say I had even shaved. I really don't know what I was worried about using a 1912, it really is a joy to use and always give a smooth comfy shave. I have shimmed the blade using loom bands and this seems to tone down the audio a bit, although you still get a wonderful soundtrack going against the grain.
Cold water splash giving a cooling effect as oil is menthol.
I tried the Muhle Aloe Vera sample AS balm, you do not need much as it is very heavy, not something I would buy, at least I know now. The same goes for the Epsilon Blue Med AS. it's ok but not one I need.
A great shave with confidence and technique improving.
Thanks @RussellR5555 for the package of soaps, oils, balms, samples and blades, I will use them all. I like the Nuage oil and think this helped the shave along.
Have a great day all and enjoy the last of the weekend sun.

• Fatip Piccolo LE OC
  • Kai (3)
  • NOM Synthetic Brush
  • Prep
  • Tabac Original
  • Tabac Original AS
The Piccolo was the first to try the Kai blades in, lets just say that the combination just does not work for me, a very unsatisfying round today, even when surrounded by the nice smell of Tabac. Ill drop the Kai in the blade bank and maybe try a new blade later on in the Qshave Futur Clone. For now i just have to conclude that the Kai is just not my thing.
I try to make a yes or no decision after 5 shaves, but this is it for me, no other tries, its a clear no for now, thank the shaving Gods i only have 14 more of the blades as it was a gift send with some other stuff i bought from a Dutch Forum member.

• Fatip Piccolo LE OC
  • Kai (3)
  • NOM Synthetic Brush
  • Prep
  • Tabac Original
  • Tabac Original AS
The Piccolo was the first to try the Kai blades in, lets just say that the combination just does not work for me, a very unsatisfying round today, even when surrounded by the nice smell of Tabac. Ill drop the Kai in the blade bank and maybe try a new blade later on in the Qshave Futur Clone. For now i just have to conclude that the Kai is just not my thing.
I try to make a yes or no decision after 5 shaves, but this is it for me, no other tries, its a clear no for now, thank the shaving Gods i only have 14 more of the blades as it was a gift send with some other stuff i bought from a Dutch Forum member.
Hi @WilcoRoos, what was the issue with the Kai blade, i have got 30 to go at but have not tried them yet, they did come highly recommended.
cheers

I can see this becoming a razor that I use when I'm going out (for a special occasion). Hassle free and good results.

Can see much the same here. Those ocassions Mrs Satanfriendly wants me out quickly minus any facial bleeding. Something which is a massive plus for the OB.

So far 3 shaves is the best I've managed. Not that much difference to most Feather blades.

Back
Top Bottom