• Timeless SS OC 0.95
  • Voshkod (1)
  • Prep Preshave
  • Il Ceppo
  • Stirling Varen
  • MÜHLE Alum
  • Clubman Pinaud no bumps gel
  • Stirling Varen AS Balm
BBS and a DFS today. Great smell from the soap and AS Balm developed buy Stirling for our Dutch Forum, members report it as a bit like Stirling Glastonbury without the herb smell, if i must describe it, a freshly mown lawn on the edge of a forest that just had a shower of rain, very nice, i wonder if there is a AS or ODT that can match the 'green' smell of this soap and Balm (any advice or hints are appreciated)?
Strangely enough after having the Rapira Platinum Lux in this razor, the Voshkod from the same maker does not do the same good job on my 'problem bits' i have this piece of skin on the ringt side of my throat that has anarchist hairs growing in all kind of weird directions, quite a fight to shave it without causing razor-burn.
Second Third attempt to add a photo, as the site claims my shots are to big :-(
View attachment 43374
You could try a Vetiver AS or edt, should be a good pairing from your discription. :) P.

image.jpg

Shave Of The Day 3rd May

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap 50%
Razor ~Ever-Ready 1912 British made
Blade ~ Ever-Ready - Super Stainless NOS
Soap ~ Klar Kabinett - sadly discontinued
Brush ~ H. L. Thater 4125/2 ST
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Rose of Bulgaria edp

Using a few of my favourite things I had a wonderful shave, as smooth skinned as I require and happy because I got to use the fabulous Klar Kabinett :) the simple things in life can make you the happiest!

Have a great day pepole.........P :)

SOTD 20190503.

34EuTRR.jpg

Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
Lea "mentholated" shaving cream.
Menthol from the menthol grinder.
ATT SE1 (Alu).
Dorco (11).
Floïd Vigoroso.

03/05/19

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

The second shave with the Gillette Platinum was excellent, a very smooth blade.

The 80265 is still giving me some trouble, even though I have given it a shampoo 3-5 times perhaps it seems some of the pesky vinegar might still be in the brush, as once again even though I loaded a fair amount of soap it just wasn't making much lather and by the 3rd pass all the lather had dissipated.

03/05/19

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

The second shave with the Gillette Platinum was excellent, a very smooth blade.

The 80265 is still giving me some trouble, even though I have given it a shampoo 3-5 times perhaps it seems some of the pesky vinegar might still be in the brush, as once again even though I loaded a fair amount of soap it just wasn't making much lather and by the 3rd pass all the lather had dissipated.
You may have deposited some vinegar onto your soaps, give the tops a good wash.

Some call it ‘the reference vetiver'. It's really grassy with a kind of tobacco dry down (in a nice way. I think it was the first Vetiver in the sense of a stand alone. Although the House of Creed May dispute...
It sounds as if it will be to my liking and to be honest I have not found a Guerlain scent so far that I have not liked, which reminds me, I must buy some Jicky soon :) P.

3/04/19
Screenshot_20190503-132952~2.png
Pre: Nuage menthol oil
Brush: 1950's Vintage Culmak
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk
Blade: 0.5 Astra SP (2)
Razor: Rocnel SE "P"
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with Lemon & Lime, Cedarwood, Arabian Musk oil
Balm: Proraso Post shave cream
Aftershave : 1912 Citrus Musk

A very careful and deliberate 3 pass shave today WTG, XTG & ATG.
Again a great lather from soap and brush. Shiny, slick and a scent I really like.
A slow shave giving 2 days of growth a very easy heave-ho. No pressure on razor at all, only guidance.
The only issue was I scratched just in front of my left ear going ATG from a tiny overhang where I had snapped the blade, lesson learned. Nothing from Alum block at all. Very comfortable finish.
Plenty of Proraso post shave cream and a splash of 1912.
Very nice.
I am happy with my first attempts with the "P" and things can only get better.
Blade rejected to tin. I may cut down the overhang tabs instead of snapping them the next time.
Next week should be my new Vector for the week. Cannot wait.
Have a great weekend all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom