SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

Razor = Occams Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Super ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Adventure Series V15
Cream = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
with matching splash & balm.

IMG_1530.jpegIMG_5879.jpegAnother first class shave with my all time favourite scent.
3 Passes with pick ups,
Something i never normally do but i didn’t want this shave to stop.
Having said that i did have the odd weeper and i did yesterday also so i don’t think I’ll use this blade again.
I think im so used to the pro guard that i treat the super the same but it’s clearly a more aggressive blade.
Overall its still a fine 9/10 shave From a top top performer

2 May

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Creed Royal Oud Millesime

9758C74C-DE1A-4F46-8934-2FE8C077204C.jpeg
Been a bit busy but found time eventually to write up my morning shave. Brilliant it was too. An excellent lather and a first class two passes, the second almost unnecessary but fun all the same and then to finish of with the wonderful Creed scent. How good do I feel now?

Razor = Occams Oren ***

View attachment 119992View attachment 119993Another first class shave with my all time favourite scent.
3 Passes with pick ups,
Having said that i did have the odd weeper and i did yesterday also so i don’t think I’ll use this blade again.
I think im so used to the pro guard that i treat the super the same but it’s clearly a more aggressive blade.
Wow great Photo and awesome shave gear, the matching setup is a guaranteed feel fabulous shave.
Ps love the Oren in gold *drools*

Thursday 2nd May

AP1GczPWZp4Y142EMNRasi7Mf9AxbVR_CQRopk7FF8xeTQU3jQWQQdgdn7QO9jE0QW22954g1jjejcDY8U6Q8ib7muOIb8_7hRhu6Jzn7T7GneC0eC8HgMQrOpuJq5hPxjITUkxkzqeORX6Vw4_jfh641evyVA=w800

Captain Claptrap Luxurious Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog Pure Bristle
Clix Ez-Flow Safety Razor & Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli) NOS (4)
Old Spice Musk for Men (Vintage) Aftershave

... same again. Again ... and again.

Last edited:
Razor = Occams Oren ***

View attachment 119992View attachment 119993Another first class shave with my all time favourite scent.
3 Passes with pick ups,

Did they steal that compass from a pair of 1970's Clarks children shoes?

Something I never understood. Lost, so what do you do? Takes your bloody shoes off, walk barefoot and use the compass in the sole! And pray you're not in a cow field.

Fancied something different and I've never tried the Chubby version of the Imperial Leather Shave stick. Since I have more than one of these I thought I would finally (after ten years or so of ownership) give it a try.
Adverts date it to the early to mid-1950s. It took a while to built a lather but once done it gave a great result.

I doubt anyone at the factory making these could envisage someone starting one of these around seventy years later! I wonder if any new shaving soaps of 2024 will be used in 2094?

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English, presumed 1990s
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Imperial Leather Chubby shave stick
Aftershave: Goya Corvette

IMG_20240418_203936~2.jpg

20240502_201917.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Goodfellas Smile Wild hog.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Eucris.
Razor Hawk v3 OC.
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (3).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.

Wanted to break out the Hawk because it's been ages, I went for the excitement and fun so popped on the OC plate.
Wow it's definitely the razor that has the widest gap between teeth, you could plough a field with it easily.
I took it slow and steady and with the Eucris I had a brilliant shave and my skin is lovely, soft and silky smooth baby.
Everybody should have a Hawk in their Den.

Enjoy the night everyone.
Hawk GIF

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates 921 (H), Tatra Platinum
Head - Winning V2 Ti, Nacet
NO Ace - soap & splash
TRC Cherry Royale synthetic brush
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

After the 1st outing of the 921 with the M plate, wanted to try out the H plate instead. To try and eliminate some variables I changed only the plate and the software (we don't buy all these sets to use the same one twice in a roll right), much better- starting to see what all the fuss is about .

1000011274.jpg

Back
Top Bottom