SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

Birthday SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates Precision 921 (M), Tatra Platinum
Head - Yates Precision Winning Razor Ti, Nacet
MacDuffs Worst Cabin Ever - soap & splash
TRC Cherry Royale synthetic brush
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Birthday shave = new gear shave. First outing with the 921 so opted for the M plate to start with my usual two passes (XTG & ATG). Felt a little tuggy so swapped from the Tatra to a Nacet towards the end which was better, not sure if it's was me or the plate/blade combo (don't tend to get along well with new razors straight away, plus the handle is way longer than in used to) so going to try the H plate next time.

This set from MacDuffs smells insanely good, if you like cedar you'll love this - plus that artwork !

View attachment 119940
Belated birthday wishes.

Razorock ‘Zi Peppino’
Cadman-AP Shave Co 24mm G5A SHD
Valet VC4 ‘Guard Runner’
Feather #1
Mugler Havane EdC

Easy two pass shave after a shower, spritz of the tobacco scented cologne to match the soap near enough. Sun’s out so sat of the patio watching the birds on the feeders and nearly all spring flowers in bloom, even the rhododendron is starting to flower its deep pink flowers.

Birthday SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates Precision 921 (M), Tatra Platinum
Head - Yates Precision Winning Razor Ti, Nacet
MacDuffs Worst Cabin Ever - soap & splash
TRC Cherry Royale synthetic brush
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Birthday shave = new gear shave. First outing with the 921 so opted for the M plate to start with my usual two passes (XTG & ATG). Felt a little tuggy so swapped from the Tatra to a Nacet towards the end which was better, not sure if it's was me or the plate/blade combo (don't tend to get along well with new razors straight away, plus the handle is way longer than in used to) so going to try the H plate next time.

This set from MacDuffs smells insanely good, if you like cedar you'll love this - plus that artwork !

View attachment 119940
Belated happy birthday, chap

View attachment 119902

My Artisinal April Shave and it's Menthol Monday today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Cyclotrode X Synthetic.
Soap Signature Soap Eboracum.
Menthol boost Stirling Menthol drops.
Razor Blackland Vector OC
Blade Kai Captain titan mild Pink (2)
Aftershave Yardley Gold 1980's.

As we draw to an end of Artisinal April I went back to my Favourite Signature soap and added some Stirling Menthol drops to make it qualified for Menthol Monday.
The Vector gave me a superb glass finish with a 2 pass shave.
Now the new brush was a nice surprise, it really whipped up a rich creamy lather and felt lovely on the face, it had just the right amount of backbone for me.
Once I finish with Artisinal April I will be busy putting all my new brushes through various types of soaps etc.
Quick whip over the head with the Vector and a rub down with Argan oil and I am softer than an Angels breast.
Enjoy the evening everyone.
Thanks for your support. Best Regards, Brian

1 May

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson M7
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

38F95398-F83C-4B7F-A1AE-A44E48934CE0.jpeg
A super easy two pass shave with the 39c. A wonderful creamy, hydrated and cool lather from the Eboracum. I love the scent and mild chill from this soap and I added an extra chill this morning with the aftershave balm from Scottish Fine Soaps.

Wednesday 1 May
Hope you have got your Maypoles at hand fellas, time to dance :ROFLMAO:
Before that, however, we need a shave and for me today it was ok but not a perfect match of parts in the combo. Main offender was the blade, a half Astra which despite being new was not cutting cleanly. The box claims these were made in Russia.
The Mars is a very well made razor with an excellent polish finish and a titanium handle. I have used it before and given a better blade than the one used it would be fine. Brush is NOS badger but not sure from whence it came but does the job. The soap another Rodrigo de Jerez one of three I have and whilst a comfortable and nicely scented soap probably not my favourite of the three.
Have grand day fellas!

IMG_0588.jpeg

Sotd-01-05-24.png
Sotd - 01-05-24

Gillette Slim Twist - Astra Platinum (Rus) - Highlander Manchurian M7 - Nivea Essentials creme - Floid Mentally Vigorous a/s - Floid balm - Maison Margiela 'Coffee Break' Edt.

Grand - a new scent for me, but one that works really well on my skin. Excellent longevity for an edt - coffee and lavender might not seem like an obvious combination but it works. Warm, soft and good sillage. - cheers - I.

View attachment 119944
Sotd - 01-05-24

Gillette Slim Twist - Astra Platinum (Rus) - Highlander Manchurian M7 - Nivea Essentials creme - Floid Mentally Vigorous a/s - Floid balm - Maison Margiela 'Coffee Break' Edt.

Grand - a new scent for me, but one that works really well on my skin. Excellent longevity for an edt - coffee and lavender might not seem like an obvious combination but it works. Warm, soft and good sillage. - cheers - I.
Wonderful shave set up Iain. + 1 on the Gillette Slim Twist & the Floid Mentally Vigorous. Good to see you posting again. I hope all is well for you.
Yours-Barry.

Wed 1st May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Supply V2 - V2 2dot plate
NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As my last Shave was with a modern “Injector”, I thought I would dig out The Supply which is not a favourite.With 2days growth to contend with, actually delivered an OK ish finish. Not rushing back to use it again,,not sure if skin flare up is down to the Razor.

IMG_0324.jpeg

01/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Pal Injectomatic
Blade - Vintage PAL Injector
Post - Alum rub, Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 18 (5).jpg
The vintage Blade has smoothed out really nicely, it was very comfortable today on shave #5.
3 passes for a very close BBS finish, i did get a couple of tiny nicks on the chin and neck which the alum rub and a cold water splash sorted out.
Enjoy your day all.

+ 1 on the Gillette Slim Twist
Thanks for your kind words B. - the Slim Twist has been a bit of a revelation for me - possibly, like others, I was put off this razor by the - in my opinion - frankly ugly stock handle. Too long and too plastic. The one I'm using is the standard head but the handle was modded by @gile with a shorter resin version that matches the handle of his brush shown above. I'll put the razor in my next pic so you can see. I was gifted the pair - with his signature generosity by @Blademonkey - thank you P. I've barely picked up another razor since. Cheers - I.

An enjoyable but mild shave. Would have preferred a bit closer.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English, presumed 1990s
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Scottish Fine [Shaving] Soap
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

IMG_20240403_155639.jpg

Back
Top Bottom