Thanks for your support
Regards Brian

Last night's shave...

Carbon Shaving Co Cx
Gillette Silver Blue
Zenith Manchurian
Ariana and Evans Which One's Pink?
BBA Aftershave Balm*

*You know it's going to be bad news if you see me list BBA aftershave balm…..

Received my tub of A&E Which One's Pink yesterday. Having read rave reviews I was looking forward to trying it. The scent wasn't very strong, something A&E are usually renowned for plus the scent itself was a bit muddled?

Having watched a number of YouTube videos I knew this was a rich and thirsty base so I didn't load for very long. I started to bowl lather and it went stringy, which I've seen with a few other soaps. I added a healthy amount of water and it didn't take long for it to come together. The soap had a very high shine with a thick consistency. Things were starting to look up…

I started painting the lather on and within a couple of minutes my face started to burn. I should have really stopped but I'd got a bowl full of lather.
Performance wise the soap was really good and I do mean really, really good. Cushion and slickness was excellent. I couldn't give a definitive answer with regards Post Shave Feel as I rinsed my face and applied *BBS aftershave balm ASAP. BBS aftershave balm is a miracle worker in these sort of situations.

The finished results were patchy due to me rushing the shave. I've already gifting the soap to someone else.

Laters
Rob

Certainly not a case of Idleverse, Idleverse.....

Certainly not a case of Idleverse, Idleverse.....

Wednesday 30th October
Alpha Outlaw - Williams mug soap - RazoRock ECO - ½ Shark Super Stainless - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel

On a generous loan from Brian @culcreuch.
I used a fresh ½ Shark blade as I've had good shaves with them in the past with the Rocnel. To be honest it was a fair shave, with 3 passes. Nothing really to shout about. In fact my face does feel rather tender post shave.
Hoping for better results next time.

I think it is quite fussy about the blade used.

Thursday 30th October

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
OSP Orange and Patchouli Shaving Soap
JR 128 Synthetic Shaving Brush
TNNSER 3D Razor with a GEM SS PTFE Blade (#8)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Aloe Vera Gel
Pashana AS

This Razor/Blade combination keeps on delivering. It was more of a DFS+ today so I think I may have to up the number of passes to 3 for tomorrow. Normally I change a GEM blade after 5 shaves but I am curious as to how far I can push it.

Williams Wednesday-30th Oct.

TheGrosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Williams Mug soap
Claymore V1 / Ikon Handle
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Today the Proguard was in the Claymore, again it worked well. Shave very comfortable and a great all round close finish. Not a fun day ringing round utilities for a friend who is moving, the press 1,2 3 - then a wait to speak to someone you cannot hear or understand. Also took friend to the bank, and while waiting thought people were dealt with quicker when they had tellers and less machines,

30/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Faux Horsehair
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Colonial SS General V2
Blade: Feather PB (11)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion & Arran Machrie Balm
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

Another fantastic shave today,
I usually face lather with the faux horsey Yaqi, however, today i bowl lathered in my little Turkish copper bowl. I could not keep the lather in there, lots of lovely lightly scented goodness.
3 passes today for the required finish and i am starting to hear the bristles being cut on the ATG pass, its still very smooth though.
I will chance 1 more shave with the blade tomorrow.
So, Cue ball smooth, feeling and smelling just dandy.
Have a great evening All

Last edited: