SOTD : SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER - FRIDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2019

And for this happy day I present to you my happy shave with the theme 'Sheep shearing and other shaving activities'

IMG_20191027_110746.jpg

Sheep clipper - Ikon B1 with chrome cap and ATT Colossus handle
Shearing blade - Polsilver Lodz
Shauning brush - Razorock 400
Larry the lamb - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Lamb chops - Extro Arzachena splash
Sheep dip - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Sheep stool (Read that how you want) on loan from the granddaughters. They are Alpaca obsessed little ladies but you try finding an Alpaca stool.

After three days of abject misery and not being able to find the time to shave, time finally dealt a kind hand and the opportunity to 'choose your weapon'. On this ocassion my weapon of choice being that trusty old friend, the iconic Ikon B1. I've spent too long giving other fine razors attention and so 'show time' for the B1 arrived again.

Wow I forgot how bloody amazing this baby is. As good as all my other razors may be, none of them get down as close as this object. I am sure you could shaun a sheep quite effectively with the B1. Quite simply it is the most efficient razor ever to grace my cabinet. And to give it some 'whoomph' throw in a Polsilver Lodz because I haven't met anything better.

Of course it needs a supporting act to pull off its magic and being a lazy bastard I couldn't be arsed with lathering a soap and so the Blenheim cream it was to be. Quick, efficient and a damn fine cream to work with. Good God it even smells damn fine.

The brush is a brush and it does that brush thing. It just happens to do its brush thing in a very 'suits you sir' lazy but efficient way.

I wish I could give the Blenheim EDC the same praise as the cream...... but I can't. Wonderful wonderful scent with a half life measured in milliseconds. Rubbish. The base scent from the Extro splash out shone it and at least the Arzachena has a nice air about it as a pleasant replacement when the Blenheim died. Which was before the water disappeared down the plug hole. Smelling Arzachenilly happy

So one beautifully close shave and far smoother than your average naked sheep. This is a shave on a super level.

I wish you all a great week ahead and happy chappy shaving

Appologies but today I have no beautiful Japanese ladies to offer you. No Japanese techno thrash metal bands and all I have is a bunch of ugly blokes from Macclesfield

Monday 28th October

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
Lea Shaving Stick (Tallow)
Vulfix 'Hyde Park' Badger Brush
TNNSER 3D with a GEM SS PTFE Blade (#6)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
MWF Moisturiser
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean AS

A rather 'bracing' cold water shave today as the temperatures outside dipped below freezing for the first time.
2 passes for a perfect finish :)

Mon 28 Oct 19
RAZOR: Muhle R41, Ikon Bulldog Handle
BLADE: Gillette 7 O' Clock Yellow
PRE SHAVE: Warm Water / Palmolive Moisture Care Soap
BRUSH: Omega 10218
SHAVE CREAM : Palmolive Classic.
POST SHAVE: Coldwater Splash / Kelkin Aloe Vera Soothing Gel / Brut After Shave.

20191027_204926.jpg

Mon 28th Oct.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
Mongoose B3
Feather Proguard [ 4 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Today I transferred my on the go Feather Proguard Blade into The Mongoose. I was pleased with the ultra smooth finish I got on my upper face, but somehow did not get the combo to work as well around the neck as the Hawk yesterday. Not sure into which Razor the blade will go tomorrow ? Judging on its performance so far I may well be ordering a couple more packets of them.

IMG_0200.jpg

DSCF0001 - Edited (3).jpg
Monday 10.28.19 SOTD
I Provenzali Olive Oil Artisan Bar Soap, lather and rinse
RazoRock Game Changer OC .84-P. / Gillette Nacet (1)
Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
Barrister and Mann Cheshire Shaving Soap
Barrister And Mann Barrister's Cheshire Aftershave

DSCF0002 - Edited (1).jpg

SOTD 20191028.
mHpNk7d.jpg

Prep (sample).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Razor Master "Oskar" shaving soap.
Vintage Souplex / Stork Ti "Classic" handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (1).
Boğaziçi Lime EdC.

28/10/19

Soap - MWF
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Dapper Dan's Menthol & Eucalyptus
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

Even though I managed to get a very good lather with the MWF & Zenith brush in the end, it took a while of building, it's a very thirsty soap. I'm finding I tend to get better MWF lathers when using a synth brush possibly as I seem to have a bit more control in hydrating the lather without it being too thin. The PBL felt a little rough in the Yaqi OC, I think the blade seems to favour my face more in a closed comb razor but managed to have a fairly comfortable and smooth shave.
I'd not used the DD's Balm for a while and it's scent and sensation was like rubbing a dollop of Vic's Vaporub over my face.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

20191028_090740.jpg

A lovely brisk fresh morning deserves a lovely brisk fresh shave.

Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
Razor: Mongoose SE/Kai Captain (5)
Brush: MÜHLE Stylo Silvertip synth
A/S: Nivea 2 Phase
Balm: Barts unscented
EDT: Armani Code Colonia

The Hibernia soap is yet another stellar performer from @BrianH, with a subtle citrus scent that really comes to life when you start to load the brush. The lather, as always, was exemplary.

The Mongoose was a kind gift (another one, along with the brush...) from my enabler in chief @Satanfriendly and wow, this thing removes so much stubble in a single stroke! I think I get an ultimately closer finish from my iKon, but there's not much in it at all. 2 passes and a few touch ups for a DFS. The Kai Captain is on its 5th shave and is still sharp and smooth, I've heard tell of these easily getting into double figures, so let's see...

A nice sting from the Nivea 2 Phase was followed by nice gentle caress with Bart's unscented balm, which is another great, homegrown artisinal product.

Finished off with a big spritz of Armani freshness.

Last edited:
View attachment 48615

A lovely brisk fresh morning deserves a lovely brisk fresh shave.

Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
Razor: Mongoose SE/Kai Captain (5)
Brush: MÜHLE Stylo Silvertip synth
A/S: Nivea 2 Phase
Balm: Barts unscented
EDT: Armani Code Colonia

The Hibernia soap is yet another stellar performer from @BrianH, with a subtle citrus scent that really comes to life when you start to load the brush. The lather, as always, was exemplary.

The Mongoose was a kind gift (another one, along with the brush...) from my enabler in chief @Satanfriendly and wow, this thing removes so much stubble in a single stroke! I think I get an ultimately closer finish from my iKon, but there's not much in it at all. 2 passes and a few touch ups for a DFS. The Kai Captain is on its 5th shave and is still sharp and smooth, I've heard tell of these easily getting into double figures, so let's see...

A nice sting from the Nivea 2 Phase was followed by nice gentle caress with Bart's unscented balm, which is another great, homegrown artisinal product.

Finished off with a big spritz of Armani freshness.
Glad you enjoyed it
Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom