SOTD : SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER - FRIDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2019

Saturday 26th October.

Shave of the day.

No picture, you will have to use your imagination ! :)

Prep ~ Goats milk and Rose soap - hand made by @Digimonkey
Razor ~ Gillette three blade disposable bought from Wilco for £3.50 for a pack of three.
Soap ~ Valobra ( Hard Puck ) Cologne
Brush ~ Semouge badger & boar Taj (resin handle
Post ~ Thayers original astringent / MdC camomile and citrus post shave balm
Scent ~ Penhaligons - Sartotial EDT

The goats milk and rose soap is a wonderful soap lovingly hand made by Iain and has a lovely rose scent backed up with white musk and other skin friendly additives not all of which I was allowed to know, trade secrets hush hush stuff of which I fully understand cannot be divulged to me .
It leaves my skin cleansed and feeling supple, a good preperation for a good shave.

The Gillette disposable razor was the first thing that came to hand in the early morning gloom of my bedroom where my shaving cabinet resides and I was too tired to think of a reason not to use it now it was in my hand and so the fumbling continued where next I placed my hand into the general area of where my brushes are kept and the first one to hand was my trusty Semouge badger and boar.
The soap was a conscious decision, I hadn't used it for a while and it is a top draw soap that never lets me down.

The shave, it went well. I made the same number of passes and in the same direction that my beard mapping dictates and was rewarded with a very good shave indeed.
I finished off with the Thayers astringent and when dry I applied the fab MdC post shave oil which at this time of year turns into a thick balm, very good stuff and highly recommended .

A few sprays of Penhaligons Sartorial EDT and I was ready for what the day has to bring.

Will I be selling my lovely stainless steel razors in favor of these Gillette disposables, No. I don't like plastic even if it did give me a very good shave! :)

Have a nice day folks..........P.

Last edited:
26/10/19

Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Voskhod (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I'd not used my Lord L6 for a while - a touch more aggressive than the DE89 style head and with the slightly smaller Omega 10075 which produced enough lather for 2.5 passes which was just enough for a very close and comfortable shave.

Anyway chaps, have a good weekend.

Saturday 26th October.

Shave of the day.

No picture, you will have to use your imagination ! :)

Prep ~ Goats milk and Rose soap - hand made by @Digimonkey
Razor ~ Gillette three blade disposable bought from Wilco for £3.50 for a pack of three.
Soap ~ Valobra ( Hard Puck ) Cologne
Brush ~ Semouge badger & boar Taj (resin handle
Post ~ Thayers original astringent / MdC camomile and citrus post shave balm
Scent ~ Penhaligons - Sartotial EDT

The goats milk and rose soap is a wonderful soap lovingly hand made by Iain and has a lovely rose scent backed up with white musk and other skin friendly additives not all of which I was allowed to know, trade secrets hush hush stuff of which I fully understand cannot be divulged to me .
It leaves my skin cleansed and feeling supple, a good preperation for a good shave.

The Gillette disposable razor was the first thing that came to hand in the early morning gloom of my bedroom where my shaving cabinet resides and I was too tired to think of a reason not to use it now it was in my hand and so the fumbling continued where next I placed my hand into the general area of where my brushes are kept and the first one to hand was my trusty Semouge badger and boar.
The soap was a conscious decision, I hadn't used it for a while and it is a top draw soap that never lets me down.

The shave, it went well. I made the same number of passes and in the same direction that my beard mapping dictates and was rewarded with a very good shave indeed.
I finished off with the Thayers astringent and when dry I applied the fab MdC post shave oil which at this time of year turns into a thick balm, very good stuff and highly recommend .

A few sprays of Penhaligons Sartorial EDT and I was ready for what the day has to bring.

Will I be selling my lovely stainless steel razors in favor of these Gillette disposables, No. I don't like plastic even if it did give me a very good shave! :)

Have a nice day folks..........P.
Thank you very much P. for the compliments re-the soap - I'm glad you like it and enjoy using it. As per your suggestion elsewhere - I will try for a lavender and orange variety in the next batch. 'No picture, you will have to use your imagination!' - ha ha ha - touche. Yours - I.

Saturday AM 2019-10-26

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Paradigm II Titanium/UFO Titan Fine
Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
YALNiOi.jpg

Sotd-26-10-19.jpg

Sotd - today - Saturday - the 26th of October - in this foul year of our lord - 2019.

Razor - ER Streamline
blade - Gem - vintage - (4)
brush - AP Shave - silksmoke - synth
soap - Kent - hard - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous
balm - Floid
scent - Dior - Sauvage - edp.

Result - ding ding - tengo la luz

This shave was brought to you with the help of Jamie - the heating engineer - who spent four hours of his time - on Thursday - he used harsh words - frequently - during the process - it was a pig to fix - apparently - mending my boiler - I now have hot water again. I didn't mind cold water shaving - but the freezing showers were getting pretty tedious - at this time of year in Scotland. All good - enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

@Missoni

Back
Top Bottom