SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

Sunday 27th November
Open Comb Injector 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #2 - Old Spice Original - Yaqi Robin - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
osHfPGq.jpg

Schweet...

27/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Blackland Sabre / 3D Raptor
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 48 (2a).JPG
So, i had an itch to scratch in wanting to try a 3D printed SE, i was chatting with Lee @LeeMaz about his 3D printer when he offered to have a go at printing one.
He succeeded and sent it to me.
Bravo.gif.
I love the generosity of this forum.
Well today i fitted a blade and gave it a run out. I have to say i was not too comfortable with the weight as i do like a weighty razor.
I lathered up and away i went, i completed a full WTG pass, hey it works a treat, on the skin it is very comfortable, mild even but also efficient enough for me. I completed a pick up pass with the Sabre as i had it on standby leaving me with a very nice finish.
So a Massive thank you to @LeeMaz "the razor maker".
thanks.gif
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

27/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Blackland Sabre / 3D Raptor
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
View attachment 96804
So, i had an itch to scratch in wanting to try a 3D printed SE, i was chatting with Lee @LeeMaz about his 3D printer when he offered to have a go at printing one.
He succeeded and sent it to me.
View attachment 96805.
I love the generosity of this forum.
Well today i fitted a blade and gave it a run out. I have to say i was not too comfortable with the weight as i do like a weighty razor.
I lathered up and away i went, i completed a full WTG pass, hey it works a treat, on the skin it is very comfortable, mild even but also efficient enough for me. I completed a pick up pass with the Sabre as i had it on standby leaving me with a very nice finish.
So a Massive thank you to @LeeMaz "the razor maker".
View attachment 96806
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
I’m glad it works well! It was a first for me, I still need to print the AC razor I’ve seen too.

SOTD 27-Nov
20221125_133918.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Have you ever had a 'wasted' shave? That's what this one felt like this morning. I had a ton of time, I could have pulled out any number of safety razors or sprung for a straight, but no I decided to give the vector a run out. Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, far from it, I had a full on face feeler finish, but it was too easy, too quick. As soon as I'd lathered the vector had whipped it off along with all the hair. It's strange, the ultimate aim is to remove hair and it achieved its aim so its odd that it seems disappointing.

This obviously sounds somewhat negative, and I suppose it is, I'm able to do one lengthy shave a week, and for that I shan't be using the vector again. This will be reserved for those weekday swift shaves that are sometimes necessary.

So a game of two halves, an undeniably fantastic finish but a disappointing shave...weird.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
Cream: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Shave Cream
AS 1: Thayer's Witch Hazel
PS 2: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra After Shave Balm mixed with GFT Spanish Leather Skin Food

Took the Henson for it's first spin today; not the fairest of tests as I never shave two days running and I had a shave yesterday. The razor felt great in the hand but my face is maybe the tiniest bit irritated compared to the Yaqi TFC that's been working so well for me. I'll try the Henson again after a day's rest, and with a fresh blade, which should be a better test.

Sotd-27-11-22.png

Leaf Twig, Treet carbon, synthetic brushes (as above), various soaps and splashes.

Definitely been in a rut recently - shaves not interesting enough to share - oh - If I ever have to take a picture of a Karve Overlander razor ever again in my life I will be fit to be tied. - time to change things up. One of the benefits of having far too much stuff - that's easy. I will make a serious attempt at overcoming my traditional antipathy towards synthetic knots. Really, I will. Honest. :) cheers - I.

View attachment 96810

Leaf Twig, Treet carbon, synthetic brushes (as above), various soaps and splashes.

Definitely been in a rut recently - shaves not interesting enough to share - oh - If I ever have to take a picture of a Karve Overlander razor ever again in my life I will be fit to be tied. - time to change things up. One of the benefits of having far too much stuff - that's easy. I will make a serious attempt at overcoming my traditional antipathy towards synthetic knots. Really, I will. Honest. :) cheers - I.
Good news I. - the Emporium will soon have a number of bargain but quality synthetic shaving brushes available! ;)

27 November

TOBS Sandalwood
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Edwin Jagger DE89
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

06578376-5917-4BBF-8709-F56D7F6738E9.jpeg
A back to basic Sunday shave, but, it was excellent nonetheless. The Taylor cream is a first class cream and created a wonderful rich fragrant lather in an instant with the little Yaqi brush. The EJ DE89 head is a classic, I started my DE shaving with one, and using it this morning was a blast. A close and comfortable result almost automatically. Good stuff.

Sotd 27/11

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: stirling piacenza
Splash: stirling piacenza
Balm: stirling piacenza
Edt: stirling piacenza

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette toggle D1 1958
Blade: Gillette london bridge 1st use

Scent notes: Piacenza is close to Parma. A blend of citrus, florals, Rosemary, Amber, and musk. A scent for the ages. That's the official notes to me i get a nice clean fresh scent

Afternoon folks had a great shave this morning went full Piacenza this morning and decided to dig the toggle out and pair it with the London bridge blade and yeah the pairing worked really well not as well as in my karve but still a very good shave
1st pass setting 8
2nd pass setting 7
3rd pass setting 6

Have a great Sunday
20221127_115042.jpg20221127_115332.jpg20221127_120118.jpg

Attachments

• 20221127_120148.jpg
    20221127_120148.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 96810

I'm the same Iain
I have fewer razors now than I have for a few years, and seem to be alternating between a Hawk and a SS Timeless, because they're the best that I have at present.
I'm sure I have an Ikon 101 (dual head) here somewhere? - I'll make an effort to try to find it this afternoon. . . .
Does the Zenith synth have enough backbone for you?

P

Back
Top Bottom