Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor: PILS 101 NE
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (5 & out)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Sandalwood & a squirt of Copycat Oud Wood

Wk18 (6)b.jpg
Very nice, although the blade started to go on the last pass.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Day All

Last edited:
Sat 25th SOTD
Cream TOBS
Oopppss! Overdid with too much lather. Luxurious & slick. Strong scent from TOBS.

That is probably the reason TOBS is my preferred cream. It lathers so easily with little effort.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard - Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf
Brush - New Forest
Razor - Gillette Open comb something or other.
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum, followed by Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I recall when I first tried this razor 10 years it wasn't a great shave. I had been DE shaving for too many years at that time. I tried it today after digging it out from the bottom of a drawer. I must admit, it wasn't a comfortable shave today either. It felt like the blade was tugging. Not pleasurable at all. Still a close shave, but a few hours on, I'm still feeling the discomfort.

IMG_0003.JPG

25/4/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - MWF
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Akcay Tobacco

I'd struggled to get a good lather with MWF and a boar until today, had a really superb lather today. The shave itself wasn't too bad, the blade's definitely losing steam and it's one of those which is at it's best on the first day and gets worse after opposed to a blade which gets a little sharper after the teflon wears through a bit.

Anyway chaps, have a good day.

25/04/20

Razor: iKon SBS (OC)
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: FS 24mm G4
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: RazoRock XXX
ASB: None

IMG_20200425_151457.jpg

3 passes for a DFS+ shave. The XXX soap is an above average performer but the smell..... the smell is amazing! Mixed with the XXX ASL, I'm taking a 7 iron with me incase I have to fend off the Tesco staff lusting after me when I get my click and collect. I really do smell that good.

E0E8A09E-BE80-423F-BB78-98D32B9F1FB9.jpeg
5149447F-FFC1-42FB-8345-9626EA2F17E0.jpeg
SOTD Saturday, April 25, 2020

Great shave yesterday with the Fine Accoutrements's ‘Marvel' razor. In that same spirit I decided to work through the rest of my rotation through the end of the month! For today's shave I selected a wonderful razor that I learned of through my shave brothers at TSD, Classic Shaving's “Occam's DE Razor”. I purchased the full kit of three baseplates and two top caps on the run up to the Christmas holidays this last December, supposedly for my son, but after a series of rave reviews at TSD and elsewhere decided to give it a shot. Classic Shaving recommended the use of a Feather blade for it's use. I was not disappointed! I prefer the aggressive plate with the ridged top cap, which purportedly is designed to help newer shavers master the correct shave angle. I just like it's looks. In fact I enjoyed the razor so much, that I purchased the heavier gold embossed handle, and swapped the original for the awful chrome handle that came with the ‘Marvel'.

Mainstream shave products are sometimes looked down upon by collectors of high end artisan soaps and matching aftershaves. Pacific Shaving Co.'s caffeinated shave cream and aftershave, however, can't be compared to the canned, pressurized junk, with the exception of Barbasol, of course. After my shower, I began my shave with the regular cold water rinse. After salting the shave cream with 6 drops of M-Bomb, my Jayaruh #372 Boar brush whipped up a great cooling lather which was then applied to both head and noggin. This would have been a bloodless shave, until my canine companion, Gromit, decided to drop his cold rubber chicken on my right foot in the middle of an ATG upstroke below my Adam's Apple, resulting in me reopening the healing weep from a few shaves ago. In any case, despite the “Grom”, I ended up with a very pleasant BBS after 2 1/2 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG). I feel cool, smooth, clean, and refreshed.

RAZOR: Occam's 316L SS DE
BLADE: Feather (2)
PREP: Cold Water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom #372 Boar
CREAM: Pacific Shaving Co.'s Caffeinated Shave Cream
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Pacific Shaving Co.'s Caffeinated AS. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum

Sat 25th April
RazoRock 400.SE Plissoft noir
P & B Spitfire
Occams - Enoch
Feather Pro ( 2 )
P & B Spitfire A/S lotion

Having finally got to grips with The Enoch, I have moved off the guarded blades, and using a Feather Pro. The Shave was smooth and trouble free, and the overall Finish quality not top shabby so rather pleasing.

05F95483-4C21-4BA8-AB78-CA2E8342EFE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2020-04-25
National Sense of Smell Day

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-OC/WRH7
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave

IewehVt.jpg

Z3ZxHyT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom