Smoooooth!
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (5)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Another comfortable shave with just two passes plus a few touch up areas. Always the same touch up areas. Does anyone else find that? It obviously shows I'm not doing something great on the first two passes.

IMG_7580.JPG

1/5/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech/Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Bluebeards Revenge (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

First time using the Bluebeard's Revenge blade today which came in a plastic tuck of 10 blades with the blades single wrapped without any glue spots and without any markings/printing/etching on the blades much like the Israeli Tomy, which is the OEM blades as used by Tesco & Boots at one time if my memory serves me correct. I had a suspicion the BBR blade might be the Tomy but with a blank unprinted blade the only way to be sure was to use it.

I'd only used one Tomy blade before and it wasn't the best so I was a little apprehensive of the BBR at best so went ahead with a little caution for today's shave where I paired the blade with my go to razor (brush & soap too) and within a stroke it was clear the blade wasn't sharp enough for a mild razor like the Fat Handle Tech and needed something with a bit more efficiency/aggressiveness and I put the blade into a Lord L6 which again wasn't enough and finally managed to get it about right with the Yaqi Cobbed head and it was a struggle to get the shave finished but I was determined to not change the blade midway through the shave.

I had a suspicion the BBR was the Personna Tomy before the shave but after the shave I am 99.9% sure they are the same blade.

Fri 1 May Labour Day SOTD
Received and 1st use of RazoRock Game Changer. 84-P
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Game Changer 0.84-P 1st
Blade SuperMax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
PAA Cavendish
Great lather as always with this soap. Aromatic scent and reasonably slick too.
Today is using my new 1st Stainless Steel Game Changer .84 Wow...! To start, handle feels very good in the hand. Hefty, solid and good grip. Razor on face feels great too and finding the angle was so easy. 3+1 multiple pass did not feel any aggressiveness at all...except the unexpected smoothness, did choose a safe mild blade. Was anticipating much blade feel but surprisingly there's none. Able to go atg under jawline (trouble area) without any issues. So smooth was all the passes. No weepers, creepers nor irritation. Feels so good...one of my closest shave to date without paying for it in weepers & irritation. The efficiency however is not perfect but close. Today is a 9.8/10 rating.
Is it really this good the GC .84-P? Wow!! 1st used I am blown away...by the smoothness and ease of shave angle. Let's see how for next few days with progressively more aggressive blades.
20200501_132943.jpg
20200501_135319.jpg

Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (5)

Another comfortable shave with just two passes plus a few touch up areas. Always the same touch up areas. Does anyone else find that? It obviously shows I'm not doing something great on the first two passes.

View attachment 54109
You are not alone. My trouble spot/areas even a 3 pass won't clear properly is under the jawline and around the adam apple. If I persist then weepers will result.

Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (5)

View attachment 54109
right hand side of the chin grows thicker and coarser and no matter how many passes or directions it never gets too smooth

Friday AM 2020-05-01

Floris No. 89 shaving oil
Paradigm 17-4/Bob's Razor Works Amboyna Burl
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

I tried the new Floris shaving oil today. I was disappointed to find that it has no No. 89 fragrance at all; it just smells like oil. After I massaged 3 drops of it into moist skin, the first razor pass was smooth, but by midway through the second pass the razor was dragging, and the third pass was pretty much like dry shaving. The shave was close and I got no skin irritation, but the process was not really enjoyable. And the residual oil on the razor parts and the blade made cleanup kind of a chore. I think I will only take this oil on trips if the weight or size of a brush and soap would make a crucial difference in the suitcase.
52XuPBq.jpg

1/5/20

Blade - Bluebeards Revenge (1)

First time using the Bluebeard's Revenge blade today which came in a plastic tuck of 10 blades with the blades single wrapped without any glue spots and without any markings/printing/etching on the blades much like the Israeli Tomy, which is the OEM blades as used by Tesco & Boots at one time if my memory serves me correct. I had a suspicion the BBR blade might be the Tomy but with a blank unprinted blade the only way to be sure was to use it.

I'd only used one Tomy blade before and it wasn't the best so I was a little apprehensive of the BBR at best so went ahead with a little caution for today's shave where I paired the blade with my go to razor (brush & soap too) and within a stroke it was clear the blade wasn't sharp enough for a mild razor like the Fat Handle Tech and needed something with a bit more efficiency/aggressiveness and I put the blade into a Lord L6 which again wasn't enough and finally managed to get it about right with the Yaqi Cobbed head and it was a struggle to get the shave finished but I was determined to not change the blade midway through the shave.

I had a suspicion the BBR was the Personna Tomy before the shave but after the shave I am 99.9% sure they are the same blade.

I also thought the same about those BBR blades. I decided if they were the same Israeli ones, they could be purchased cheaper elsewhere. Unlike yourself, I never tried them. Thanks for confirming.

Back
Top Bottom