Thu 30 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Feather Popular
Blade Feather 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman GentsGin
Terrific lather from CC especially on slickness. Scent strength medium. Brush was really nice for face lather, soft but enough backbone and resulted in a creamy slick lather.
Shave with this mild razor paired with the aggressive blade was great! Smooth as can be but sharp enough for 3 multiple pass shave. Enough for BBS & DFS result with no weepers nor irritation.
Post-shave ice water rinse felt so good followed by Thayers... soothing and cooling. GentsGin top-off a great session. Rating 9.5/10
View attachment 54059
View attachment 54060
Gent's Gin .....lovely stuff

SOTD 29 April

A fruity Fursday shave

Pre - cold Welsh water
Brush - Razorock synth 24mm - usual lather monster
Soap - WSP Rustic Citrus Blast Soap - stunner of a soap. Superb performance and scent. Fan already.
Razor - Star 100 - beautifully mild yet efficient. Prefer it to the ball end Tech.
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword - not the smoothest blade, I'll make my mind up after 3 or 4 shaves
Post - Barts Balms Lime balm - zingy and zesty.

Apologies for no photos, been busy with work so will try to post tomorrow.
Stay safe everyone.

Well it's rainy on this Thursday morning but oh well though not a tropical scent it sure reminds me of holidays none the less. Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic is an incredible soap period and that icy goodness must be felt to be appreciated. Just awesome stuff and the heavily mentholated matching AS is so good. It'll make your fingers tingle for a few hours after you slap it on your melon!

Karve CB with the C SB plate and a GSB is a recipe for a smooth and easy shave! Great weight, balance and it just looks so good! I enjoy this razor and haven't had a single bad shave with it right out the box. Have the A, B OC plates and the B,C,D SB plates and they are all excellent.

Reached for a brush I haven't grabbed in a while in the APShave Co. 28mm Flat Top synth. The butterscotch handle is great looking but the brush is really nice for whipping up a lather and either painting it on or splaying it about like normal. Quite enjoyable really. I have to leave it out for a bit so I don't forget about again.

A Thursday brings with it hope we made it past Wednesday but we aren't quite to Friday! Still a wonderful three pass shave and an ultra smooth finish! Spritzed on some B&BW Citron and off we go! Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: APShave Co. 28mm Flat Top
Lather: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Aftershave: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron
F92EF862-7B37-40C0-B654-F59AED3A4342.jpeg

Thursday AM 2020-04-30
National Oatmeal Cookie Day
XsFa3M2.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (26/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave
PoGAT28.jpg

Date:- 01 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ After the Rain
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Rapira Platinum Lux #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Game:- Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Friday‌ ‌05.0‌1.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0008 - Edited.jpg

Gillette Brit #58 aluminum handle
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌
Vintage Kingsley (Austria) Pure Badger
Fine Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Fine‌ ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌

DSCF0012 - Edited.jpg

Friday (hopefully)

Tabac Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Rockwell 6C R4
Gillette Nacet (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

A great shave this morning. Plate 4 is perfect for my bristles; and the razor sings through the shave just nicely. My 100ml of Tabac finally bit the dust; so the awaiting 200ml was brought out from the shadows.

Slightly divise the soap may be, fragrance-wise; but there's no denying its performance. I think it's one of the best.

Smooth and smelling great.
5F055EF0-C79E-495E-9EE4-D2FB286F0C84.jpeg

20200501_104405_resized.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Shaving Shop/The Club/A&E Signature
Razor: MÜHLE Rocca
Blade: Treet 7 Days (1)
Brush: Hertiage Shaving Ever Ready 200 Replica
A/S: Shaving Shop/The Club/A&E Signature

Going to use A&E products this month and call it May & E...see what I did there? Cheated a little bit with this one but it's close enough. The scent on this soap is just great. The Treet 7 day blade was recommended and in the Rocca, it felt really smooth. and comfortable. This Rocca has a new baseplate and to me there's less blade feel than the previous one. All in all a really smooth shave.

Back
Top Bottom