SOTD: Saturday 24 February - Friday 1 March 2024.

Second shave with the Dura Sharp blade.
Blade had been left in razor and had not rusted. I do leave the doors loose (ie undo the locking twist to secure them).

I was able to dial up to 9 with no irritation. The face is good but the neck still not great against the grain. It does the job and is fine if that's what your expectations are.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Treet Durasharp
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Stirling Autumn Glory

Wed 28th February

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Asylum “ Injecctor”
Schick S/S - Japan ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My first Shave with this Razor just acquired from Matt @Masamune. Loaded it by hand as not really an Injector, reminds me of The Occams Enoch, but much better.
The Shave went well as I have used one before, as had a loan from Paul @p.b and decided I would like one. Got a bit careless moving around the chin so got a weeper.

IMG_0948.jpeg

28/2/24

Second to last Fat February Shave

Soap - Wilkinson Sword Stick
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (2)
AS - La Rive Brutal Classic

IMG_20240228_182639.jpg

I'd not used this little blue fella in a while, my my what a glorious lather! Decent shave with the Dorco Prime Platinum. I'm still finding my way with the Slim Adjustable, it performs a little differently to my other old Gillettes.

One more shave for Fat February to go...

Wednesday 28th February

AP1GczM_FtCWwccKQ97ugSb8Brxjsh5p3hZPLqKgGRbejFadaBgYL82T0Dewax61XxMG_kR4k5jzC0kJ6yh25DBXFme4b3-XoNsj2qLsk8hfRtVz3S0brRtqX-1NQxzz4DwrY3FoZ61QIxMUnox3EIKu0zYA3w=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Hampshire Woolfat Shaving Soap & Mohawk w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick (Japan) Twinjector (15)
Brut Splash-On

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Liveben SS head on Highlander custom handle
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Comfortable and protective like a wool jumper on a winter's day the MWF delivers, delivers and delivers. Just realised the end of the month is nearly here and looking at the soap I barely made a dent in it. So long lasting too.

SOTD.jpg

SOTD Wed 28 Feb 2024

Final Fat February Fling, shave
F59AF4FA-2468-473E-A89C-B392B54807B4.jpeg
Prep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Dorco Prime (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Boots Freshwood ASL
Balm - Boots Freshwood ASB
Fragrance - CK IN2U For men EDT

Refreshment - Whisky (The Singleton of Dufftown) and ginger ale, to fete the final fat!

So there it was, my final Fat February shave (for this year?) And a fine showing it was. The fat was fulsome, the razor was fab, the Prime blade was fine (with a bit more feel and finish than the Titan. Using less AS and balm was better, although the balm still left me a little greasy, so it might get consigned to the back of the cupboard for emergencies (hang on, emergency balm, seriously?) Altogether a fantastic finale!

51418678-2293-48B0-9FA2-AF5D26F39846.jpeg
Is that it then? Is he now going back to smelling like a lime or a lemon or some sort of wood instead of being sheepish? He has me sniffing all his shaving soaps and creams for the fabled ‘lanolin’ and if I wag my tail it gets put in his ‘rotation’ (whatever that is). I think if he didn’t throw away the packaging when he got a new one then he could read the ingredients. But then I don’t really know what ‘packaging’ is, ‘cos I’m a dog!

Last edited:

SOTD: 29th February 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shave Cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

I have mentioned before in many of my posts, something I've learned since becoming a traditional wet shaver is if I had used the shaving brush, shaving soap/cream method when I shaved with Cartridge razors for all those years my shaves would have been 100% better and more enjoyable as back then, shaving was just a mundane task and something I hated having to do with a strong passion getting no enjoyment from it what so ever.

The Merkur 37C, FaTip Grande, Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue & Treet Dura Sharp Carbon blue pack have provided me with close comfortable and present face & head shaves this month...Throughout March I will be using the Gillette Guard for my head/dome shaves and a variety of DE razors 'mainly my Parker's for my face shaves and carrying on using various Treet DE blades.

A wonderful shave to finish my last shave of February off on a high.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom