SOTD: Saturday 24 February - Friday 1 March 2024.

Yesterday's shave:

First try of the Winner Platinum (courtesy of @mikesmart) and it produced a great result through a lot of face stubble but struggled around my neck... at least in my New.
Will give this blade another go soon using a pre-shave and maybe another razor.

The soap I got today and believe it to be Old English Lavender from Boots. It smells like it and performed really well. I gave it a good clean and lathered it all over before using it.

The little Gillette brush did a good job and may end up getting occasional use for a change from my excellent PAA from SatanFriendly.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Bostonian (long comb New)
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum
Brush: Gillette Standard
Lather: Boots Old English Lavender
Aftershave: Boots Freshwood

Ahem

It is Satanfriendly not SatanFriendly. That makes me sound like I would be Mr Friendly. Which I am not. Or friendly either

Sunday 25th February

ABLVV86ZEB84ilfvHlvbdwUDffQvJ_-gzUuPjO0cKmdUlZK0Z6EuyVvk7bzjAjFxmB4gkNJamRn_3Pfz-OJSeiMvR4UzzMp5TmRD9oh_aNC_H5KsrOX5FIImGcyPR-jDT50GLfV9exC29Ha6tZpobN-DXXtpig=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated) & Yaqi Bali Synthetic 24mm
Personna Double Edge w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Durasharp Yellow (Carbon) (4)
Denim (Vintage) Aftershave

A weekend of shaves to catch up on (please note, just 2 not 10) and to start my new week of SOTD's. So without further of those French adeiu things, Je vous présente mes rasages sur le thème 'Le contenu de mes sous-vêtements'

Saturday

20240224_165441.jpg

Cojones - Ikon B1
My onderkant - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Harige stukjes - PAA Peregrino
我妻子的手 (No chance) - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Cosas humedas - L'Occitane Cade balm
Chose avec odeur - ADP Colonia Club

'And you can have your underwear back as well'

A cracking start to the week ahead and a selection of God Like shaving implements. Heavenly.

And just remember folk, if you do choose to wear your wife's thongs just remember to get them the right way around. Otherwise it may end up as a bit of an 'Ouch!' Moment ;)

And on the matter of thongs you may as well have some of those 'Bed-in' girls who seem to be more about gussets than music...

Sunday

This have arrives with the the sub-theme, 'Carabao'

Not quite the same Carabao as a Cup winning performance, but just one hell of a song from the Pixies at their best when Kim Deal made such a massive difference

20240225_182418.jpg

1-0 Razor - Yaqi Excalibur
1-0 Blade - Feather Super Professional
1-0 Brush - Highlander LFC
1-0 Soap - Alvarez Joe Gomez
1-0 Moisturiser - Collegen

'A drawer dropping performance'

Any Chelsea fans out there? If there is, tough shit.

A superb 1-0 shave and an all round class result. On this occasion I decided to use the Highlander LFC brush after the match as every other time I use it prior, Liverpool lose. My only brush complete with a curse. Phew

And to end on it is over to Trident and their original drummer the overenthusiastic Junno. And just to show how damn good she is this one is shot from the drummers perspective

Razor: MARS; Blade: Iridium Super (half ;)); Soap: P&B Sanskrit; Brush (the last of my beehive types): handle - A P Shave Co., knot - Ace Shaving boar; A/S: vintage Egoiste.
I was always getting a telling off from my big brother for sneaking into his bedroom and stealing a few squirts of his Egoiste,I used to love it it was the first after shave I ever bought with my own money
Can you still get it I looked a few years ago and couldn’t find anyone selling it.

Pushed this blade a little too far. Just about managed an acceptable shave.
Got four but not quite a fifth shave.

The Sicilian Lime cream has a lot of smells going on beyond the lime. It's a sort of citrus blackcurrant. Quite nice but nothing special.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Treet Silver (carbon steel)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Men Rock Sicilian Lime

I was always getting a telling off from my big brother for sneaking into his bedroom and stealing a few squirts of his Egoiste,I used to love it it was the first after shave I ever bought with my own money
Can you still get it I looked a few years ago and couldn’t find anyone selling it.
This one's the splash, which I'll decant into an atomiser, by and by, as it lacks a restrictor. The A/S is probably as rare as hens' teeth but can be found now and again on the Bay (as this was) - at a price :rolleyes:

SOTD: 26/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 12th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

DFS! Enjoy your day!

Mon 26th February

Aeppo soap -Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
MWF
Hawk V3 - A plate
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Floid Montelado Vigoroso

No Shaves over the weekend so some growth to clear, and was quite pleased with the fact that the process did not aggravate my dry skin and the finish was good.

IMG_0946.jpeg

26/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 09 (3).jpg
Very nice.