SOTD : Saturday 23th May - Friday 29th May 2020

SOTD : 26th May 2020.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated .(3)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

I'm carrying on with the cold water shaves which are a wonderful wake up for your face sensors, & a great tonic for your skin.

It's been a while since i last used my parker 55SL and forgot how good of a smooth shave this razor gives.

I now have three slant de razors in my humble de razor collection for overall performance, smoothness & efficiency the Parker Semi-Slant 55SL is fastly becoming my favourite, it's rewarded me with some of the best comfortable shaves i've had to date. Today was no exception.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre - face wash
Soap - Palmolive Shave stick
Brush - Traditional Shave Co Brush
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Feather (2)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser

Found an old stick of palmolive in the same the drawer the tech was hiding in. Probably 10 years since I last used it and it still works well. The only downside to palmolive is it doesn't have a fancy scent (I think I read someone else say a similar thing). I'm not enjoying this razor, may try it with another blade in a week or so. Quite a bit of feedback from the alum today. Close but not comfortable.

IMG_7657.jpg

Tue 26th SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe Vera & Lavender
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade SuperMax Vidyut SS 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Musk
Nice lather. Beautiful scent, creamily thick and slick. Brush feels good on face.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Comfortable 3 multiple pass shave using Setting 6, 5 & 4 progression. No weepers nor irritation. BBS to DFS results. 9/10!
20200526_112919.jpg
20200526_120441.jpg

Tuesday's Shave.

First outing with the Ikon 104 Tech I can see why it has a reputation , it is very blade forward , but once you are over that it gave a very pleasant shave and a nice result.

It is one of those razors where you definitely need to pay attention. One slight weaper on an existing cut where I caught myself with the straight the other day, but other than that all intact :)

I will try it on a lighter handle next outing.

Thank you Chris @Satanfriendly

Preshave: African Black Soap
Soap: TFS Dani Devil - A very pleasant soap
Razor: Ikon Tech 104
Blade: German Personna
Brush: My Lovely Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Splash: Speick Activ
Balm: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: 401E Amatrice

20200526_093241 2.jpg

26 May 2020 – mid-day after stressful shopping .....
Braveheart on MÜHLE handle – Proraso Blue excellent lather as always – using a vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus blade “Made in England” – no idea how old but could easily be 30 years - works fine!

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart head on MÜHLE handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus (1)
Soap: Proraso Blue cream
After: Cold Water splash - Ajanta Alum – Nivea Lotion
SOTD01.jpg

26/05/20
TABAC TUESDAY
Pre: Face Wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac Black
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Wk 22 (4).JPG
New Blade
Face lathered Tabac
2 passes, BBS and comfortable
Smelling, well - - - -? "book him Danno"
Very Happy
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All.

Tuesday's Shave.

First outing with the Ikon 104 Tech I can see why it has a reputation , it is very blade forward , but once you are over that it gave a very pleasant shave and a nice result.

It is one of those razors where you definitely need to pay attention. One slight weaper on an existing cut where I caught myself with the straight the other day, but other than that all intact :)

I will try it on a lighter handle next outing.

Thank you Chris @Satanfriendly

Preshave: African Black Soap
Soap: TFS Dani Devil - A very pleasant soap
Razor: Ikon Tech 104
Blade: German Personna
Brush: My Lovely Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Splash: Speick Activ
Balm: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: 401E Amatrice

View attachment 54946

A pleasure to help you out.

It certainly is up front and it doesn't try to shy away from the fact. But it sounds like you have taken charge and shown it 'I'm the daddy'

Continue to enjoy

Tuesday AM 2020-05-26

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Gillette New LC/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Ti
Wilkinson Chromium 'Light Brigade' (8)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

The last few days have given me the best shaves I have ever had. Some fortuitous combination of gear, mental state, humidity, and barometric pressure.
vjhwIU6.jpg

Good evening all

This evenings little removal of bum fluff went as follows;

Pre- Warm Shower with Mr Rugged face soap
Pre- Proraso Red
Soap- @BrianH Sig Soaps Cedarwood and Peppermint.
Brush- Ex Sh Medium Jock
Razor- R6S (R4)
Blade-Astra SP (7)
Post- Alum block followed by @BartsBalm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper.

Great performances by all the above this evening. Brian's soap as expected was excellent and I'm looking forward to my delivery of two new soaps this week from him.
It was the first time that I've used the R4 plate and it performed much better than the R3.
This was the Astra's 7th outing and it showed no signs of giving up, two passes with and against with just a very small weeper in the usual place on my neck.
Osama Alum block with very little feedback and then the great Grapefruit and Pink Pepper balm to round it all off.

Excellent stuff.

Have a great evening and keep staying safe.6BA394B3-E444-40CF-869F-7388577DFCF2.jpeg

SOTD Tuesday 26th May 2020

Pre-shave : Warm rinse, Proraso White pre-shave cream
Soap : Signature Soaps Coria (sample)
Brush : Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock synthetic
Razor/Blade : Gillette Tech / Lamix (1)

F666FBB7-CB4D-47BD-BCA3-CD0F57EDECC0.jpeg

A lovely shave this evening complimented by the Signature Soaps Coria cream. Far too much lather as usual but so silky and slick, even though the level of the nearby reservoir dropped with the amount of water it took!

I recently got my hands on several tucks of Lamix blades. There's not much on here about them but I've found them surprisingly pleasant. I've used them in my 34c with great results and the Tech was not far off too.

3 incident free passes with a relaxing and pleasant BBS finish.

Have a great evening folks.

Back
Top Bottom