Cream TOBS
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade SuperMax Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice face lathering with my fav brush. Enough creaminess for more than 3passes. Slick and really strong scent.
Shave with the evergreen razor paired with the blade was nothing but smoothness. Really comfortable with all the 3 multiple passes. Results are from BBS to DFS. Great shave day! 9.5/10!
20200525_103320.jpg
20200525_111356.jpg

Bank Holiday Monday, 25 May 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Violet
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris JF

Another three-pass, weekend shave, with the Futur set at 4, 3 and 2.

Have a good week and stay safe, folks.

25th May - Towel Day
"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.
More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in 1978.

Quite interesting fact that 2020 marks 42 years since then.

Yaqi Heavy Metal Tux - OSP Sandalwood - Radio 1912 - GEM SSC #6 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
8q91Xl5.jpg

For Douglas…...

Mon 25th May

Razorback 400. SE-Plissoft noir
P & B Citra Royale
Ever Ready "Jewel Combination Set", aka "Streamline" etc
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Bank Holiday Shave.
I have now resumed my Vintage SE Rotation, having been sidetracked by the arrival of a new AC/SE [ Hawk V3-OC] which just had to be trialled. The only choice for me was one of my favourite ER Models,as I learnt how to SE Shave with one.IMHO if used with care this is one of the few Vintage SE that can deliver a finish as good as a lot of AC/SE. However, I find that a Razor like todays is a lot less forgiving than its modern counterpart, so I was very pleased at the finished results today.
I wonder who had this Razor before me as it is not a standard model, having a nice leather travel case to protect the combination box.

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Last edited:
Pre - GFT Sandalwood skin food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Traditional Shave Co Brush
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Feather (1)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser

After loosing lather the last few times from dropping the brush in the sink, trying Cris at Another Cut above's twirly chin thing he does, then it dropping off my chin, I though bowl lathering would be a safer option. Previously after digging my tech out the bottom of the drawer using it a few times, I claimed it was going back in the bottom of the drawer to stay, then to sell it after CV19. I think Boycie said to keep it. Anyway, I was looking for something I never found in that drawer found the tech and decided to give it another go. A did a three pass shave (only two in a few areas) plus touch-ups. Resulting in a almost BBS shave all round. Just one patch that has always been a problem on my neck. I Still prefer using the R89 and Merkur 34.

IMG_0031.jpg

25/05/20

Razor: Blackbird SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: FS 26mm Chubby Silvertip
Soap: Extro Fra Rinik
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: RSC

View attachment 54916
It's our 7th wedding anniversary today. That time has flown by.

Hello Chris, Happy Anniversary to you and your Mrs.

As a treat for this fine occasion you should buy some more blades, from reading some of your posts I'm certain you don't have enough blades (or soap).

Back
Top Bottom