SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

SOTD : 26th January 2021.

35.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Kent Luxury shaving Soap.
Blade: Parker ~ Premium Platinum. (3)
Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut Splash-on Lotion./ The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A wonderful smooth efficient razor & blade duo. I've mentioned in my past postings that the shaving products produced in the sub continents don't get the credit they rightly deserve.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser...A wonderful post shave for the winter elements.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

TUESDAY ‌01/26/21 SOTD
Gillette ‘66 L4 Flare-Tip Super-Speed Set (last year/quarter)
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
‌RazoRock Faux Horn Disruptor Synthetic
Ariana & Evans Ouddiction Shaving Soap
Ariana & Evans Ouddiction Afrweshave Splash

cirSeS6.jpg

20210126_091116.jpg
SOTD 26th Jan - Vintage month
Razor - Gillette 1976 Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade - Super Shave X #1
Soap - Wickhams Parma Violet
Brush - Razorock Monster 26mm
Post - Lea 3in1 ASB
This time razor and blade gave flawless, smooth and mild 3 passes I expected from the Gillette SS. The soap provided a lovely slick lather and a scent that reminded me of a 10p mix when I was a child. The brush has less backbone than the Yaqi Sagrada but still holds a ton of lather. Easily enough for 4 or 5 passes. Lea ASB is non greasy and gives an invigorating menthol kick to finish.
All in all a lovely shave.
I've loved this Vintage month.
Stay safe everyone and enjoy those shaves

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 26th

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Cream: Saponificio Bignoli Shaving Cream - Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Today I used a blade I've never tried before, a Gillette London Bridge, and wow I thought the Gillette Super Blue was good, this is equally amazing it not slightly more so.
The best way I can think of to describe it is it's a very vocal blade, its almost talks to you in the noise it produces when shaving, the audio feedback you get from the action of cutting hair is very useful, super smooth and zero nicks or irritation.
For the first time since I started shaving with a DE a mere month ago I even considered for a fraction of a second do I need a 3rd pass?, but as I was enjoying it so much of course I did a 3rd pass.10/10 on these blades.
The next new blades to try with be the Gillette Super Thin Platinums.

The New Bignoli Shaving Cream - Agrumi Del Mediterraneo was very good too :)

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

Good day gentlemen and those not so gentlemen among you. Today's trip to the shower room for the wife annoying activities took the theme 'Schick, slick or just plain shit?'

View attachment 63822

A day with the two little people better known as the granddaughters has probably made me feeling a bit more upbeat about life and a little more beat up as a granddad. I feel like my time spent with them is more an exercise on being used as a human punch-bag. I thought little girls were all about being sweet and pretty. The pretty I will agree with, the sweet is just a load of old bollocks.

Beat up - Stainless Colonial general
Beat root - Schick Proline
Beat it - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Beat a dead horse - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap
Beat on the brat - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

For a change I recently decided to give the Schick blades a whirl as it seems a long time since giving them an outing mainly due to my single mindedness with Kai or Feather Super Pro's. Or may be I just know what works for me. Anyway a change is as good as a rest to a blind bat, or is it a horse, or something like that? Who cares, except a blind bat looking for a rest and getting a change instead. No rest change for the wicked.

The general is a well proven work horse (Not a blind one though. Unless blinkered and hence semi-sighted) and I know what to expect from it. It only does brilliant and smooth which is always a good starting point. Enter the Schick. Mmmmm? May be I am just too pig stubborn and don't believe in much outside of what I believe in, but this just doesn't feel the same as a Feather Super Pro. Smooth most definitely, but it just lacks that edge of the shave sensation. I tend to like blades which push barriers and the Schick is not just going that bit extra here. It is not bad by any means but I find it hard to swear at. I like swearing at razor blades. That 'You little fucker, that was bloody close you twat' kind of thing. A bit like I could nearly achieve with the granddaughters, but I am just too much of a standard bearing grandfather to let profanities get in the way of me and my two small angels. Bastard, twatting little......etc etc etc

May be I need to give the Proline time to bed-in before I make an outright final statement on the matter. In due respect that the average SE blade lasts 15+ shaves that will be some time yet. Bugger.

I can't say the final results today were perfection, more 'good but can improve'. Words I became quite familiar with at school. And my adult life in reflection.

The brush and soap are both first class and I could never say anything bad about them. So I won't.

Happy smiling results, just not quite a grinning cat from Cheshire.

'Oh my God and I dreamt you were not super smoothly shaven! What a nightmare'

I better leave by saying 'I love you all' and leaving you some super Japanese ladies to sing you out and in to the next SOTD to follow.

Greta Schröder in full shock mode.

Tuesday

TOBS Cedarwood cream
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Feather (4)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC

434E1515-68A5-4067-9AF5-706451A3987F.jpeg
An excellent shave. I've also ordered 50 Gillette London Bridge (£5.25, free p&p) from a well known auction site; as the blades seem to be getting mostly positive reviews.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, today's shave a nice,relaxing, easy does it.
After a warm shower.

Pre............. Nuage shave serum
Bowl...........Steve Woodhead
Brush.........Morris Forndran 2xl finest
Soap..........ToBS, Tobacco Leaf
Razor.........Karve (c)
Blade.........Gillette yellow(3)
Post ..........Hot/cold water rinse, alum block.
Asb............Nivea sensitive
Asl..............Tabac

Excellent with , no feedback from the alum and ended with a super smooth DFS.

Have a nice day and stay safe:)

26/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #26
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Wilkinson Sword 7 day set
Edge : Stropped Original / Modified GEM (Trial)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac Black
Aftershave: Tabac EDT

Wk 4 (5).JPG

A bit of a trial today, inspired by a post on another forum.
I decided to give the Wilkinson a new Blade, apparently, with a bit modification the GEM works.

I used a 9-10 shave old Blade for the trial, following instruction i removed the spine and trimmed the blade down to 11mm with some heavy duty scissors then refitted the spine.
Hey it looks as though it will work!
P1260001.JPG
So 1st pass RH using the original blade, nice and smooth - no issues
Dry hands, switch blades and completed the LH side, now then, yes the blade is not new but it works! with a very audible sound track - No issues, I lathered up again and completed a full XTG pass with the modified blade - spot on.
Dried hands and switch blade again to do some ATG touch up.
What a happy shaver, a very involving shave ending up with a DFS finish.
Now that @TobyC , is showing off!:ROFLMAO:
Feeling real good and smelling very 1970's
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom