SOTD : Saturday 23th - Friday 29 th March 2019

SOTD : 24th March 2019.

View attachment 42231

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap / Palmolive classic Shave Cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)

Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC 'Head' / Schmidt R10 'Handle'.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Menthol Crystals + Eucalyptus + peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Denim ~ Original ASL.

The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

A comfortable Sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

After the wonderful performance from my Vie-Long horsehair yesterday i've carried on using my Chinese horsehair brush.

Last sunday i had a experiemental Uber/Superlather trial with Williams mug soap & Ingram menthol shave cream + 6 drops of glycerin which was a great success, today after soaking the williams in hot tap water for 5 minutes,loaded up my damp Omega 48 Pro added a almond size dollop of Palmolive Classic cream & 6 drops of glycerin to the mixing bowl adding more water to the bowl until i got the lather to the consistancy i like.

Another wonderful slick protective Uber lather was provided, the only difference from my first experiment was i added a smaller quantity of soap & cream to the mix, which was enough for my shave,without having a boat load of lather leftover after the shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Glad the shave went well for you, what is your opinion of the Yaqi DOC 'Head' as I have a couple of spare handles in my collection at the moment so might be worth giving it a try.

Glad the shave went well for you, what is your opinion of the Yaqi DOC 'Head' as I have a couple of spare handles in my collection at the moment so might be worth giving it a try.
Hello there,
My humble opinion of the Yaqi doc head fitted with the Schmidt R10 'Handle' is of medium aggression, ymmv well worth giving it a try out.. A great frankenrazor. I'll have to pair it up with my muhle r41 handle to see if I get the same results, the hefty Schmidt R10 'Handle' really is a great match. Hope this is helpful. Regards. B

Sunday 24th March 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Nuage Men shaving oil
Brush:- Stirling Soap Co. Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- The Shaving Shop Hédonisme Soap
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk V2 / Feather Professional (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / The Shaving Shop Hédonsime aftershave / Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm

2925c04bde32689f491f8ba616bfb7a6.jpg

Continuing with my SE shaving I returned to my RazoRock Hawk V2. This is the SE razor that was recommended by lots of forum members as a good introduction to the world of SEs. The weight of this razor is deceiving as it gives an exceptionally close and efficient shave. It's not aggressive. A perfect first timer SE razor. It ultimately made me decide on the Claymore which is a class above!

I paired the Hawk with a Feather Professional blade tonight and they worked well together. The blade does feel a bit more aggressive than my usual Schick Proline, but it was still a good pairing.

The 3 passes went too quickly with an incident free BBS finish. The Shaving Shop's Hédonisme soap is one of my favourites. The scent is tremendous. It was a kind gift from @Blackmass (Rob) along with the matching aftershave. I'm sitting here smiling from ear to ear and can't stop feeling my chin whilst enjoying the great scent.

It goes well with Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm. Even more so when I have a spray of Hugo Boss The Scent EdP. In fact, I have to keep away from Mrs C it's that good (who am I trying to kid!!!).

I'm set for the week ahead. Have a great night and week folks! [emoji1303]

Sunday 24th March 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Nuage Men shaving oil
Brush:- Stirling Soap Co. Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- The Shaving Shop Hédonisme Soap
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk V2 / Feather Professional (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / The Shaving Shop Hédonsime aftershave / Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm

2925c04bde32689f491f8ba616bfb7a6.jpg

Continuing with my SE shaving I returned to my RazoRock Hawk V2. This is the SE razor that was recommended by lots of forum members as a good introduction to the world of SEs. The weight of this razor is deceiving as it gives an exceptionally close and efficient shave. It's not aggressive. A perfect first timer SE razor. It ultimately made me decide on the Claymore which is a class above!

I paired the Hawk with a Feather Professional blade tonight and they worked well together. The blade does feel a bit more aggressive than my usual Schick Proline, but it was still a good pairing.

The 3 passes went too quickly with an incident free BBS finish. The Shaving Shop's Hédonisme soap is one of my favourites. The scent is tremendous. It was a kind gift from @Blackmass (Rob) along with the matching aftershave. I'm sitting here smiling from ear to ear and can't stop feeling my chin whilst enjoying the great scent.

It goes well with Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm. Even more so when I have a spray of Hugo Boss The Scent EdP. In fact, I have to keep away from Mrs C it's that good (who am I trying to kid!!!).

I'm set for the week ahead. Have a great night and week folks! [emoji1303]

Thanks for the tag and shout out mate. Really great to read you enjoying it.

Cheers
Rob

Date: 25 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 10104 Boar 26/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #11
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

6 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

25 March

Castle Forbes lime
Simpson Chubby 1 super
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm lime oil
Creed Royal Oud Millesime

I still wonder at how such a mild razor, according to general consensus, can produce such a smooth, clean shave in almost a single pass. Two passes for a really top shave. The Simpson super hair is wonderfully soft and this small brush holds more than enough lather for a full three passes. The lime scent from the cream and the asb is refreshing in the morning, and the Creed is just icing on the cake. This was a fine shave indeed.

Back
Top Bottom