Preshave : Vitos Menthol Preshave Cream
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm Synthetic
Soap: OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Cream
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Razor: Merkur 34c
Balm: B Men from Superdrug
Splash: Floids Wonderful Mentolado Vigarosso

Happy Sunday all have a great day !
A wonderful shave set up.+ 1 on the OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Cream & The Floid mentolado Vigoroso. which is one of my favourite ASL splashes, superb stuff.;).Enjoy your sunday.Regards.B

Sunday 24th March

Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Cocobolo
Schick Krona TTO
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Quorum Aftershave
Quorum EDT

I recieved a lovely parcel from my good friend @Digimonkey yesterday morning. A book - we run possibly the smallest book club in the world. Currently three members, but it does stretch to @TomG in Australia (new members welcome) - blades, postcards, and the Quorum Aftershave/EDT set. I was a little sceptical but actually it's a really nice fragrance, and the aftershave does it's job well. Unmistakably from the 80's, but (that's) no bad thing. So I'm feeling slightly less metrosexual today.
The Krona/7 O'Clock Yellow is a match made in heaven.
Cheers Iain.

View attachment 42233
Quorum...I remember it well.

Sunday afternoon

Santa Maria Novella
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Feather Professional
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC
Floris Elite EdT

I like the Hawk. The wide head makes for fewer passes. It is a razor, however, that tames the Feather Professional; and given that it's an aluminium razor, its lightness allows for a measured amount of pressure to obtain a smooth result.

SMV is easily my favourite non-tallow soap. Yes it is expensive, but it gives a great performance and lasts forever.42244 .

SOTD 24/03 - Obsessive Soap Perfectionist Bay Rum ; Rich Man Shaving F1 Innovator ; Blackland Blackbird ; Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile (2) ; Alum, DIY Cedar wood & Lavender Witch Hazel & Simple Post Shave Balm

190324-SOTD.jpg

Yesterday's SOTD...

Razorock Game Changer 0.84
Polsilver
Saponificio Varesino V.2
Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina bath soap and shaving soap
Lùcido aftershave
Acqua Di Parma Ambra EDCC

Shave report: Stella!

Fantastic shave with my very own Razorock Game Changer. Yes after just one shave with the on loan GC I bought one.

I changed blades from the Gillette Silver Blue to the Polsilver to see if it could amp up the efficiency. Did it? Yes. Three passes and a couple of very minor touch ups and I was done. Very impressed with the GC so far.

The SV soaps were top draw as per usual. I finished off with the Lùcido aftershave (excellent stuff) and seen as I was going "out-out" I topped off the shave with ADP Ambra, which is just bloody gorgeous.

Had a very enjoyable night and more importantly kept off the cigarettes.

Have a good week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

24/3/19

Soap - 3P
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette 7OC SP
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Old Spice

The Gillette 7OCSP is an incredibly sharp blade, probably as sharp as a Feather and it paired delightfully with the Tech to produce a very smooth and efficient shave. I used my 'other' 80265 which is superb, I genuinely cannot work out why two exact brushes from the same line are so different.

Sunday AM 2019-03-24

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/UFO Little Titan
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

The old soap makes wonderful lather, and its fragrance is subtle but still present. The razor head and handle make a great combination.
xcD0IaU.jpg

EJ Chatsworth Synthetic 21mm
R41 V3 on EJ Chatsworth handle
BIC Chrome Platinum
Atkinsons I Coloniali Mango Oil Shaving Cream Soap in T&H bowl
Alt-Innsbruck EdT used as AS
The Great British Groomin Co. Beard Balm as hair dressing pomade
Knize Ten Toilet Water

35355139ce.jpg

The BIC blade performed as yesterday, if not better. I wonder how long this will last.

The scent of the I Coloniali is very pleasant, the cooling effect then is the icing on the cake. The scent brings back childhood memories, although I cannot clearly specify them.

I've used my travel brush today only because it needs less soap than a badger. It performs well, but not as good as the Plisson L'Occitane.

Knize Ten is one of my absoulte favourites, together with Bogart's One Man Show and Aramis Tuscany. Sadly my fellow men don't fancy it at all.

Cb0Dps6.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium (Made in Poland) (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: YSL Kouros

Beautiful 3 pass shave. The Polish Super Iridium blade is unlike any other I have tried. It has a heck of a lot of blade feel, but gives a very close shave with no irritation. Excellent!

Sunday 24th March

Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Cocobolo
Schick Krona TTO
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Quorum Aftershave
Quorum EDT

I recieved a lovely parcel from my good friend @Digimonkey yesterday morning. A book - we run possibly the smallest book club in the world. Currently three members, but it does stretch to @TomG in Australia (new members welcome) - blades, postcards, and the Quorum Aftershave/EDT set. I was a little sceptical but actually it's a really nice fragrance, and the aftershave does it's job well. Unmistakably from the 80's, but (that's) no bad thing. So I'm feeling slightly less metrosexual today.
The Krona/7 O'Clock Yellow is a match made in heaven.
Cheers Iain.

View attachment 42233
Great stuff, @Barry Giddens and @Digimonkey. I've been off the grid sorting out my new digs and getting my IT set up. All systems now GO!

Back
Top Bottom