SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

SOTD: 23rd December 2023.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond. (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO. (Face)
Razor: Gilette Guard. (Head) (D3)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./ (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with the Supermax Blue Diamond another likeable super smooth & efficient blade which paired together with the WS TTO wonderfully.

The Star of the shave was the Semogue 1305 boar brush.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB..

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
SOTD: 23/12/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Enjoy the Christmas time !

SOTD 23-Dec

Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige ++
Blade: GEM PTFE

Amazing shave, absolutely no regrets with this vestige.

I am glad that I went for the most basic machined finish. The quality of the finish is as good, if not better, than the majority out there. I just couldn't justify the premium on the other finishes. Seeing as it also ended up in parcel forces hands, I couldn't avoid the sting of charges which would only have been made worse.

I said it in the last use but I would likely benefit from the +++ when it's released. I can get a perfectly smooth finish with this but I do need to go over a handful of pick ups.

Time to plan out my Christmas dinner cooking in prep for tomorrow (we eat on the eve), serving 8 so it'll be a bit of a mission. But as long as people stay out of the kitchen it'll get done!

Smelling good and wonderfully smooth, hope everyone had a good'un!

Chess

Marc

Last edited:
23/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant

I Find the Hawk a bit of a Giraffe, it looks and feels ungainly and unbalance, however, once moving in the shave its moves swiftly and elegantly around the face. 2 passes with some touch up today for a very comfortable BBS finish.
We have the last of the Veg shopping to do ready for Christmas lunch.
Enjoy your day all.

Sat 23rd December

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
La Toga stick- grated
Claymore Evo - original
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]

I think a bit of a Home Day today after battling with the rest of The World who wanted to visit my usual Supermarket. Managed to miss a couple of items as had not made a list as usual. Maybe sneaky run out later or perhaps do without !!
As I finished my Shave today realised that I had picked up the wrong razor, I had intended to use the Original ES Claymore V1 rather than the Claymore Evo. Anyway not a bad Shave and can always use The Heavyweight Claymore next time.

Saturday 23 December

Star Hoe sb, probably 50s era plastic handle that has signs of a small melt down. The business end is fine though and loaded with a GEM 6x performed faultlessly.The synthetic re knot Made Rite brush and TFS Arancio Amaro is creamy and produced a fine thick lather.
2 passes and pick ups gave a bbs finish and no issues.
Have fine day fellas!

First try with an Indian London Bridge, kindly given to me by Mike Smart, in the Karve, lent to me by Mike Smart!
A good shave although some soreness around the middle bottom of neck. I switched from the C baseplate to the G which I believe has the biggest blade gap.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: (Borrowed) Karve Christopher Bradley (red and black aluminium)
Blade: London Bridge Indian version
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: 3P
Additional Care:
Proraso Pre and post BALM