SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

22 October

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson Chubby 2
Mühle R41
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

688D8F10-7D8A-48CA-9C82-16EC81B1EF19.jpeg
A third shave with the Mühle R41 and I’m sure I want to put it to the back of a cupboard again. It isn’t really my cup of tea, and I have other razors that get as close with more comfort. Otherwise, the usual close shave from the R41 and a plentiful and wonderful lather from the Saponifico Varesino soap.

Sunday 22 October
Still enjoying my AC razors and today it’s the brilliant Occams Enoch turn. Still using the Titan protouch mild and still very good 3 shaves in for bbs in 2 passes and pick ups. Saponificio Varisiono make some wonderful soaps and today it’s Tundra Artica. Easy creamy lather from my cheap old travel brush with synthetic knot completed the combo. Don’t know why I use it but it works so why not?
Have a good day fella!

IMG_0349.jpeg

20231022_122057.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - 3ONE6 with ES Elegant Handle
Blade - Kai
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Brut

20231022_122202.jpg

The 3ONE6 had a lot to live up to following on from my comparison of the Karve CB plates. I bowl lathered the Proraso, which went well. Made far too much though!

Wonderfully smooth and comfortable shave, as you would expect from this blade and razor combination.

20231022_125320.jpg

Sunday 22nd October

ADCreHeXfHm4QmrUFT89mXQ4PKQ2IXyXOXemOr9HxfBCtKdbEXxDbZ7sg1CyKls30d-fLmrbCiLPautdXO2T4S33pQh0wc4cPbmsbsqBVPSt873B4itfXoDKa7Z_S9FPQB4xwOrTxmXtk9J_EvsFQpGkGhklpw=w800

Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Mohawk (Vintage) w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Leaf Twig & Gillette Permasharp Super (2)
Boots Albany (Vintage) Aftershave

First use of my newly acquired Boots Albany aftershave ... I have used the soap before.

The soap, although billed as mentholated, is more what I'd describe as a gentle, cooling breeze rather than the face-freezer that we have come to associate mentholate shaving soaps with. Another cracking shave with the very excellent Lead Twig and the well-known as excellent Permasharp Super blade.

The aftershave made for a superb finish! Like the soap, it has a floral core which I think is lilac and jasmine. In many respects, it's very much like Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal although perhaps just a hint of dark citrus? Light on alcohol, it put me in mind of those tonics from DR Harris - Pink Aftershave and the like. Once dried off, I'm left with a wonderfully powdery face.

They don't make aftershaves like that any more! Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal cut with a drop of Citrus Musk and let out a tad with witch hazel might come close to this quite wonderful tonic. Shame I only have the one bottle, but I'll certainly use it.

@NotTheStig

IMG_3040.jpeg
SOTD: 21/10/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Charcoal Goods V3 L2 SB
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Soap: Signature Soaps - Ebacorum
Brush: DS Cosmetic 'Super Soft' - 26mm Synthetic

1000030506.jpg

Another very good razor / blade combination. Schick Plus Platinum can be a little rough for the first shave, but once bedded-in, they are both smooth and sharp and can last up to 8+ shaves whilst still performing.

@BrianH - The soap is from your original batch for testers manufactured just over 4 years ago. I put it away after a few initial test shaves and completely forgot about it. Still going strong, with no signs of deterioration whatsoever.

Glad to hear it’s re-surfaced and is still going well. Best Regards Brian

SOTD 20231022
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Wald Shaving Nimbus Werther”s and Cream J3
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Blackland Blackbird TI OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Acqua di Parma Tonico Dopobarba
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_20231022.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
SOTD Sunday 22nd October 2023

I’m late, I’m late!
IMG_0185.jpeg
Pre - shower, Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Clubman Pinaud synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Astra SP (4)

Post - cold face wash with remains of lather, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Refreshment - Dandelion and Burdock perhaps?

Definitely giving up on the Astra blade this time. It did the job but it was not a comfortable experience, even though the lather was whipped to within an inch of it’s life and then painted onto my face like a creamy plaster! Not impressed with 1 nice shave out of 4, not keen on Astra’s. Not got any other Gillette’s either, not sure if I want any! Still, weather seems to have cleared up, just have to put up with knobheads letting off fireworks every bloody night at the moment!

Grump!!

IMG_0167.jpeg
Grum-oof!

Back
Top Bottom