SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

Sunday

Merkur 34G
Treet Platinum
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm
Wickham Soaps Magnum
Lea After Shave Balm

IMG_9621.jpeg

This was my first time using a synthetic brush and it didn’t disappoint it whipped up a great lather and the face feel was fantastic.This brush is going to be perfect for whipping up a big bowl of lather for my head shaves.

Razor = 1949 British Rocket
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword ( 4 )
Brush = Rooney Keyhole 20mm In Best
Soap = Arko Stick
Splash = Cussons Graphite
Balm = Arko Sensitive
IMG_0574.jpegA lovely 3 pass relaxing sunday afternoon shave.
Out of all the vintage razors i have this is one of the best yet it isn’t spoken about in the same vein as the Fatboy or Slim yet for me it blows them both out the water.
The angle of the head is just perfect,
There’s only a handful of vintage razors i like and this one is at the top of the tree followed closely with the 1958 Tv Special.
The profile of the head makes it easy in the awkward areas, one of the few butterflies i don’t have difficulty under the nose.

As for the soap i’ll upset the purists and say Arko sticks are not all that.
This one is grated down in to a lovely bowl.
Honestly i don’t get it
La Toja & Lea sticks perform & smell better than Arko sticks
in fact just about every stick i own out performs the Arko
Just my opinion off course.
Having said that in a weird sort of way i like it and it will always be in the den, but i just don’t get the hype,
I guess most of us on these forums doing actually use it to often.
Anyway lads i hope iv no t made you angry lol and upset your sunday relaxation.
Sit down have a nice cup of coffee & forget you’ve read this :ROFLMAO:

And a lovely pair to report on
As a start to this new week of SOTD's I shall begin by saying, 'For my final shave of this past week of SOTD's I am proud to present a shave themed, 'Two of everything''

Why? Because in my new found ageing sense of forgetfulness I..................

? Can't even remember what I was going to say

20240119_181948.jpg

A Turnip - 3ONE6
A...something or other - Wizzamet Super Iridium
What is this? - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Do what? - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Ah ah...... - Collegen
Eh? - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

'Put my finger where? Turn it around and do what?'

A hotel shave while away and a cracking one at that. A great choice for a 'Friday night takeaway razor' and to accompany my selection of shaving food some nice condiments in the way of one very fine soap and a smashing...?.....thing to brush soap with. That's it. A shopping bag

The end results being one exceptionally wonderful shave and just perfect for a very nice breakaway from it all. From what, I forgot.

It was that day and so it just has to be those Puffyshoes girls....

And a Saturday night takeaway shave which was duly themed, 'Two large fish and some of those potato things which are deep fried. That' it, sausages'

20240120_152435.jpg

A Cod of razors - Ikon B1
A pizza thin steel - Polsilver Lodz
Donored Kebab - Highlander LFC brush
Bowling for soap - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Potato skin - L'Occitane Cade balm
Hot curry eau de toilet - ADP Absolut

'You said pop it in the....what was that?....Oh the microwave......Dinners off then'

Just wanted to make sure after @pjgh mentioned my love for Captain Fawcett's Soap, I do have some love for it. And the good news is, I do. In fact a lot of love.

The other good news on the love front is, I love you all.

And some more puffyshoes? You are very welcome...

Sunday 21st January

ABLVV84pDwx3kpLRmtqoJvy7JvS0hPquUA54x01r_IyXD3WvYg7LBQI9KlwV46rFhxUgz06Ih8FxSZJLHNxeYy0qfWyUGnuLpbN3qyMuZVSomXR0kbw70iuZUP0m02XWz8P1T6deS15spbmH0p2fl-tsGScNsw=w800

Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech & BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Boots Albany (Vintage) Aftershave

Yet another absolutely delightful set of shaves with the BIC Chrome Platinum - I really do not know how I got it so wrong about this blade ... really, it's absolutely superb for me.

Lovely to use the Albany kit again. I've vowed that this year is about using stuff I love, rather than stuff I like and rotating it because I have it. I do love this stuff, so sure we'll see it quite a bit this year. Mentholated? Yes, like a gentle, cooling waft rather than a cock-punch of liquid nitrogen than many mentholated soaps nowadays seem to go for. Scent? Really, I don't know ... but I do get Lilac. Lilac and possibly lavender. I think the soap is something to the tune of 80 years old, so it can be forgiven for losing a touch of scent but it's still there and very pleasing ... as is the aftershave.

Have a great week to come, folks! Stay safe through this latest weather.

SOTN (Head & Face)

Pre: CeraVe SA Smoothing cleanser followed by King C Gillette face & beard wash, then coconut and argan oil blend
Face: Yates Winning Razor with Schick blade (6)
Head: Leaf razor with Treet Platinum saloon blades
Stirling Agar: soap & splash
Yaqi Caramel synthetic brush
Lucky Tiger
Nivea Repair & Protect post shave balm

This was a shave to really push and see what the Winning Razor is all about, 36 hours growth a Schick blade on its 6th use and no hot water on account of the boiler being broken - in the past I've not really enjoyed or gotten on well with cold water shaves. Have to say this shave was sublime, the Winning Razor took everything in its stride and the result was a two pass shave (xtg + atg) that was incredibly smooth and yet very efficient - the hallmark of the Winning Razor .

1000010144.jpg

C7DFC156-3FDD-4813-822C-BCBFE21E31F7.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 SiLVERTiP
Pal lnjecto Matic
Chinese Schick (4)
Fine Santal Absolut
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

I’m a little undecided about the Pal. It delivers a close, yet assertive shave.
Maybe a little too blade forward for my preference.
We’ll see, I’m considering moving it on.

Stellar finish though.

Enjoy yours gents.

SOTD 22-Jan
20240121_141408.jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: WK Italian Holiday
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Personna Comfort

Fantastic run with the straight over the last week but I've a busier week this time around. So back to DE and the CG Level 3 (newest iteration) with the lovely Italian Holiday paired with the TF Tuscan Leather knock off. Should be an enjoyable week. Sadly the setup hasn't been particularly photogenic and the current weather doesn't reflect the tub design (more the pity), seems like we've slipped into the dark of winter.

Onwards and upwards for the week, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom