SOTD: Saturday 2 September - Friday 8 September 2023

Well, after I don't know how long I have been theming my shaves and ending with some Japanese ladies, but I have decided to change the format.

The new style of SOTDing will consist of giving my shave a theme and ending with some Japanese ladies. I have kept this new format in a similar vein to my previous efforts to prevent confusion.

So a new me and a shave themed, 'Vincent Van Veritas and other Sun Flowers'

20230907_211205.jpg

Van Cough - Razorock Hawk V3
Van Boff - Feather Professional
Van Toff - Wee Whiskey Barrel
White Van Man - Veritas Vincent
Transit Van Gough - L'Occitane Cade balm

'Playing with your organ in C#m'

If you really must wear your wife's thong just make sure you get it the right way round. Bloody hell does it hurt otherwise. Don't say I don't educate you in some way.

Veritas Vincent. A kind of stiffer than normal cream which just performs wonderfully with an amazing scent. Slapped on my face in a slapping manner by a small rotund man with some Scottish liquor. Team lather out of the way.

The Hawk V3. Not my favourite SE razor, but shit, it can't half give a cracking shave when I'm in the right frame of mind. Apparently I should be framed and lack the mind bit. Not tonight though and a cracking performance it was after a day pulling things on the river. And to think they call this employment.

I love you all and hope everyone well.

'Mummy, mummy, when I grow up I want to be, want to be........in a Japanese girly band!'

Last edited:
IMG_2800.jpeg
SOTD: 07/09/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 10th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

Just perfect, plain and simple! A great soap for the middle of a heat wave!

IMG_3954.jpeg

Friday 08/09/23
6 days beard
Preshave: Barbermind gel
Soap: Floris Gentleman hard soap
Razor: Mjolnir by Sbarba
Blade: Shark super stainless
Brush: Boti N3C synthetic with wooden handle
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica old lot

Second try with the last acquisition in my razors selection. What can I say, the difference is so big I am wondering if it is the same razor (or possibly the previous blade was a defective one) or just more likely I have paid attention to the razor weight, got used to handle heavier razors (I normally prefer lighter aluminium ones) and I have been much more careful and light in the WTG pass. Last time I got many red points and irritations, a very bad shave basically. this time on the contrary I have achieved a full BBS with 2 passes and no irritation! only a couple of red points from some spots from previous shave. So overall very happy with today shave and this is promising as I have to decide if the razor will stay in or move out, I will give it a couple of more tries but it looks like it will stay around for some time ☺️

Friday 8 September

From the expensive Toggle to today‘s choice, a cheap plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic from the 90’s, cost 25 cents on a special offer including 10 DE blades. Relatively rare, I haven’t seen many but probably because the Wilki was easily disposed of. Why buy additional blades when you can get a razor and blades for 25 cents?
Bay Rum from Glasgow soap Co. lathers fairly easily and does last on the face even in today’s heat.
The razor is mild and very light weight and can be swished around the face without fear of bloodletting. However, with a Gillette 7 o’clock 3rd use it gave a bbs finish after 2 passes wtg and atg but did require quite a bit of finishing. A hurried shave in the morning would probably give a socially acceptable result. Nevertheless, a very fine and useful razor, great for travelling.
Have a great day fellas and try to stay cool!

IMG_0274.jpeg

8 September

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Omega 48 Professional
Henson Al13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

50020CF6-66C2-4A74-B2D7-408425B6BF93.jpeg
Today the satisfaction with the shave was merely adequate, but, the end result was again excellent. The problem, I think, was too much water left in the brush before loading. My fault entirely, although, there was still enough lather left in the brush for a reasonable second pass, perhaps the Wickham soap is not entirely happy with a boar brush. Keep on trying.

SOTD 08-Sep
DSC_0130.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: Reggies Titan
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Cracking shaving this morning, wonderful lather and excellent scent.

Now for the razor, I think I've got enough under my belt to make a semi-informed comment.

First off the the head, the feel on this one is my cup of tea, I could quite happily shave with this daily. I found it clamps the blade very well, and handled the ATG pass like a champ, nimble enough even though it isn't particularly low profile, so from that perspective I love it. The overall looks I like and even the packaging is excellent, allowing for easy portability to take on your travels.

I only really have 2 minor comments, and this is more of a preference. The handle, whilst it didn't slip it did feel on the verge a couple of times, perhaps slight sharper grooves would help, but then again I love the look so this is minor and once again it didn't slip. The only other is that I tend to prefer head heavy razors, and especially for those on the lighter side. If it isn't more forward then I have a tendency to overcompensate and put too much pressure down (read that as user incompetence). That didn't happen here but I was making a conscious effort, though it did give me a couple of tickling bites to remind me.

I love the fact that it's British made, not enough of those out there nowadays. Based on my experience with this I think the SS may be more my speed, and I could perhaps see one in the future especially if the head is the same.

Thank you @Reggie’s Razors for the opportunity and @Boycie83 for arranging everything. I will get it all cleaned up and ready for the next lucky user.

Cheers

Marc

Due to the changes of my SOTD reporting the 'Bored of Theming Things' have stipulated I must also change the way I make my final entry. So to comply with their guidance, for my final entry of this past week of SOTD's I hereby present my shave themed, 'Show us your bottom'

20230908_152820.jpg

Bottom of the barrel - Tatara Nodachi dark
Bottom end - Polsilver Lodz
Brush my bottom - Yaqi Moka
Cream my bottom - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
Soft bottom - Pure moisturiser

'Formation haemorrhoid dancing'

A blade probably at the end of its useful life in a razor which made the best of it. A vibrant soapy effort from those Swirling in York chaps with a brush stiff enough to clean a toilet bowl. But they somehow managed to get their act in order and produce a very acceptable shave. Time to go clean the toilet now.

Have a most bodacious of weekend you wonderful people and I leave you in the good hands of those self proclaimed low Fi girls, Puffyshoes......

IMG_2809.jpeg
SOTD: 08/09/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 11th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Citrus Bomb

It’s another winning soap and scent from Hendrix Classics. I was unsure when I ordered it and it seems to have disappeared off the site but this base is top notch. It’s the same base as the original just dried/milled for longer. It lathered brilliantly in the new bowl and despite being warned I needed to use less as it a hard soap I didn’t reduce the amount enough and I probably had enough lather left for another days shave! The scent really is amazing, I’ve never been too much a grapefruit fan but this mixed with the other citrus is wonderful! As with all the oils I’ve had especially their own blends rather than dupes, the scents are just spectacular! I tried a quick make your own splash and balm which worked well I need to get a few bottles to mix it properly though. I can’t wait to try the others!

Back
Top Bottom