SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

20240303_115220~3.jpg
Dedicated to folks of The Shaving Room.

My Shave today consisted of..
Prep Signature soaps Shower scrub
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Lindinis.
Razors Reggies razors Mars and Raz=r
Blade Nacet.
Aftershave Signature soaps Lindinis.

Today I wanted to dedicate my Shave today the forum as my gear except for the Bowl was made or given to me by a member.
My prep consisted of @BrianH superb Shower scrub, the whole house enjoys using this and the lather and scent is always first class.
Now I'm all cleaned up I proceeded to use the brilliant @gile LE2023 Boar brush to whip up, as you can see a nice rich creamy lather again from Signature soaps.
The Mars from @Reggie’s Razors matched with the Nacet blade that was a gift with a purchase from the BST soon made light work of my two days growth, pretty much giving me a single pass shave but I proceeded with a second pass because I'm worth it.
Deal With It GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Shave Complete time to add the finishing touches by liberally applying plenty of the Signature soaps Lindinis splash and boy I look and smell awesome.
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by maddyshine

Have an amazing day everyone.
Good Night Goodbye GIF by SanyaMalhotra

Last edited:
Sunday

Yaqi Excalibur
Kai Captain Titan Mild (9)
Semogue Owners Club
Signature Soaps Capra Alavana
La Toja After Shave
Lea Sensitive Balm

IMG_9795.jpeg

I am testing out SE blades and that’s twice now I’ve managed to get 8 great shaves and the 9th one drops right off from the Kai titan mild,next up is the Schick Proline.

March 3rd 2024

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette diamond baseplate Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette London Bridge (2)
AS - Williams Aqua Velva

IMG_20240303_164225.jpg

I decided to dig out one of my diminished sticks of Palmolive, since it was discontinued I started to use it with a little caution! It produces a fantastic lather, but maybe not quite as glorious as the Valobra stick I used yesterday. My general observation for Chinese made blades is they are great on the first day and less so for the other days. For today's shave, the blade wasn't performing as well as it did yesterday's, it was definitely running out of steam in a few spots today, especially on the second pass. I think I will try the blade in a slightly more efficient for tomorrow's shave.
A great shave though, and I finished it with a few splashes of Williams Aqua Velva, which I'd not used in ages. I seem to have a bit of post shave irritation now, I think there is a chance my face is reacting to the aftershave. I will give it a few more goes this week and if I react again, it will go in my PIF pile...

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays gents.

2024-03-03-11-54-21-646~3.jpg
the R41 might not always be the best daily head shaver for me but I got fantastic shave with two days growth this morning and a silver star on its second shave. it just sliced through the hair so smoothly with no resistance, very close shave and no aftershave sting or irritation. great combination and already looking forward to shave three on this blade tomorrow.

SOTD Sun 3 Mar 2024

No fat except on the dog, Sunday shave
4A387C5D-CC88-49BB-8E6F-5CFA18F1B3A6.jpeg
Prep - hot shower
Bowl - Silicone dog bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Racer Platinum Class (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT for men

Refreshment - mug of tea (Ringtons Traditional Blend)

Not too bad here today, weather wise, okay for a country walk and some lunch in a Northumbrian village anyway. Followed tonight by a nice, comfortable 2 pass + tidy shave with very enjoyable ingredients! Excellent result with no problems, but will I get a 4th use out of this Racer blade? We’ll see.

318E0E06-8011-4A49-A19A-F97120CD3DE4.jpeg
Look, I’ve had a very tiring day, ok, just rub my belly and let me go back to sleep - unless there’s more food on the go?

Back
Top Bottom